mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

The mackems go light about us and claim they’re disgusted about the human rights abuses in KSA, the conflict in Yemen. Then you’ll see the exact same posters on RTG banging on about Man City being a great club. Our owners are worse but still… 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Alex said:

The mackems go light about us and claim they’re disgusted about the human rights abuses in KSA, the conflict in Yemen. Then you’ll see the exact same posters on RTG banging on about Man City being a great club. Our owners are worse but still… 

Whilst not having a single clue as to what is happening in Yemen

• Like 4

My first thoughts were that what Exile posted warranted the Jaysus response, but then I realised I had spat my team out over my monitor. Exile is a comic genius. :lol:

Edited by Renton

They’ve already demonstrated they aren’t investing in sport to see a profit returned (see the golf tour). But even if the owners were doing that with us then you would think it would cost more than £1B to make us worth that much anyway so what would be the point in that? Exile’s only interested in the human rights issues anyway though, isn’t he? The Rafa dig too. Even a busted flush version would be in a different stratosphere to anyone they could hope to attract 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Alex said:

They’ve already demonstrated they aren’t investing in sport to see a profit returned (see the golf tour). But even if the owners were doing that with us then you would think it would cost more than £1B to make us worth that much anyway so what would be the point in that? Exile’s only interested in the human rights issues anyway though, isn’t he? The Rafa dig too. Even a busted flush version would be in a different stratosphere to anyone they could hope to attract 

I caught a bit of the radio Newcastle sports talk in driving home, usual shite but there was a couple of texts coming in from some pretty smug mackems about O'Neil not having a great start at Stoke. My smile hearing them read out was almost as big as I imagine theirs was in typing it out but for different reasons. :D

• Haha 3

16 hours ago, Alex said:

If the Saudis got us to a £1b valuation then leave, that'd be fine by me. A club that's 'worth' £1b would need to be challenging for CL, at least, we'd have to have a good stadium, good facilities, good players etc. 

Sounds all right to me.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, The Fish said:

If the Saudis got us to a £1b valuation then leave, that'd be fine by me. A club that's 'worth' £1b would need to be challenging for CL, at least, we'd have to have a good stadium, good facilities, good players etc. 

Sounds all right to me.

It does, aye. The point is it doesn’t seem to fit with what they seem to want to do here or with their other ‘sports washing’ projects. And, at the same time, it would still put us in a very good place and it’s a best case dream scenario for an obsessed, bitter, toucher from down the road. Even their unlikely takes on everything going relatively tits up puts us light years ahead of them 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Alex said:

It does, aye. The point is it doesn’t seem to fit with what they seem to want to do here or with their other ‘sports washing’ projects. And, at the same time, it would still put us in a very good place and it’s a best case dream scenario for an obsessed, bitter, toucher from down the road. Even their unlikely takes on everything going relatively tits up puts us light years ahead of them 

I don't think where they are really comes into the thinking. It's purely what they imagine would be worst for us. Honestly, in the unlikely even they were relegated this season, Exile and his ilk wouldn't shed a tear as long as Isak turns out to be a flop, or Bruno breaks his leg.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

On 04/10/2022 at 17:10, NJS said:

I know Eddie's a sensible chap but I'd still love to see the mackem cunt call him a spineless beige coward to his face. 

killing a little bit of time on the drive up today and popped over to rtg.

fuck me, their hatred of howe is fucking sinister man. it'll destroy some of those tragic cunts if he wins us a trophy.

howay eddie lad!

:lol:

• Haha 5

Just now, Gemmill said:

You still letting your post-stroke mate do all the driving, you absolute psychopath? ;)

I prefer to think of myself as considerate actually, I don't like to upset his post stroke autistic routines.

nowt whatsoever to do with my penchant for half a dozen pints in the percy.

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

killing a little bit of time on the drive up today and popped over to rtg.

fuck me, their hatred of howe is fucking sinister man. it'll destroy some of those tragic cunts if he wins us a trophy.

howay eddie lad!

It's weird, as much as I dislike Sunderland, there's been a few of their managers I haven't minded at all, even when they were in the same division as us. Howe hasn't put a foot wrong regarding Sunderland by slagging them or even mentioning them so can only conclude it's the typical mackem green eyed monster showing itself yet again.

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

or even mentioning them

That’s where he’s transgressed- not even acknowledging their existence. 
And why the fuck should he? We’re a million fucking miles away from them, and they know it. 

Fewm fuel. :lol:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Howmanheyman said:

It's weird, as much as I dislike Sunderland, there's been a few of their managers I haven't minded at all, even when they were in the same division as us. Howe hasn't put a foot wrong regarding Sunderland by slagging them or even mentioning them so can only conclude it's the typical mackem green eyed monster showing itself yet again.

Wasn't a fan of Di Cannio. Or Allerdyce. But quite like Reid, Chris Coleman, and even Poyet (despite the fact cup semifinal). No idea either way over the division 3 managers. 

Tbh I've hated most of our managers much more. :lol:

Thats the difference between us. 

• Haha 3