mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

I love how they think Allardyce going was a real sliding doors moment and they’d somehow be a top PL side if he’d stayed. He couldn’t believe his luck when he had an opportunity to get out as he knew he was firefighting / staving off the inevitable. 

Edited by Alex
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

23 minutes ago, Alex said:

I love how they think Allardyce going was a real sliding doors moment and they’d somehow be a top PL side if he’d stayed. He couldn’t believe his luck when he had an opportunity to get out as he knew he was firefighting / staving off the inevitable. 

Nobody was keeping them up that year and he knew it and I'm convinced Moyes was sold a pup when he took the job on as that early statement was him basically saying it's fuck all to with me what's incoming.

• Like 3

Kingston park is a wonderful place to watch Newcastle Women. 

Owing to some bizarre loophole you can have a pint in the stands. They get great crowds too, Wolves are top of the division above like so we were always going to get a hiding. 

However if they want to spend their weekends getting wound up that local women are paid properly to play sports & invested in then that's up to them.

• Like 4

Following Kane's penalty miss, Shearer admitted he still can't forget his penalty that was saved by Sorenson, which was a shit effort tbf. 20 odd years ago now. Naturally this has prompted a gloating thread on the SMB "what a day that was marra. FTM" etc. Usual slightly disturbing vitriol directed against Shearer. This caught my eye though. I mean, imagine investing this much time, money and effort to get one over your "mate"?   I love the fact he says how easy we are to wind up at the same time as admitting the lengths he went to to do it.

I'd gladly accept the picture, ditch the photo, and use the frame for something else personally.

Screenshot_20221211_210332_Chrome.thumb.jpg.c315051dd85e2bb499675d74b6347ef4.jpg

Edited by Renton
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, Howmanheyman said:

'Mosque on the hill'. :lol: :lol:

It's eating them up isn't it?

:lol: Isn’t our womens team in the fourth tier or something? They’ve lost the fucking plot if they think this is the Avenue to attack us. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Renton said:

Following Kane's penalty miss, Shearer admitted he still can't forget his penalty that was saved by Sorenson, which was a shit effort tbf. 20 odd years ago now. Naturally this has prompted a gloating thread on the SMB "what a day that was marra. FTM" etc. Usual slightly disturbing vitriol directed against Shearer. This caught my eye though. I mean, imagine investing this much time, money and effort to get one over your "mate"?   I love the fact he says how easy we are to wind up at the same time as admitting the lengths he went to to do it.

I'd gladly accept the picture, ditch the photo, and use the frame for something else personally.

Screenshot_20221211_210332_Chrome.thumb.jpg.c315051dd85e2bb499675d74b6347ef4.jpg

The saddest part about that is it’s probably made up :lol:. If it was true he’d be having a laugh about it and not be so weird and condescending about his supposed friend “rampant mag” ffs :lol:. I mean if a league win from over 20 years ago is what they have to hang their hat on they can have it, we got to watch the best striker this country has ever produced ply his trade for over a decade, while they watched… Kevin Phillips :lol: 

Edited by Howay
  • Haha 3

Some of the replies re: Shearer on that thread alone.

The arsehole giving Tommy no credit for a full length save. Classy.

He’s a fuckin bellend

The bloke is a f***ing Cockwomble

Baldy boring tosspot

Him and Linaker make a good team...pair of gobshites

Add in the countless usernames with FTM or some reference to Shearer being a wanker. Or Barton. Or Benitez. Or Beheady Eddie. Etc. Yet we're the ones being wound up? :lol:

Honestly, I can barely think of a mackrm player or manager  who I even particularly care enough about to dislike. Perhaps Cattermole, was a bit of a twat. Hutchinson, but not because he played for them, he eas just an arsehole. Wasn't a fan of that paedo who played for them or that fascist manager they had, but could scarcely give any of them a seconds thought now. Most my hatred goes to some of our own like Souness and Lee Bowyer if I'm honest. I just find mackems tragically funny. 

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Renton said:

Some of the replies re: Shearer on that thread alone.

Add in the countless usernames with FTM or some reference to Shearer being a wanker. Or Barton. Or Benitez. Or Beheady Eddie. Etc. Yet we're the ones being wound up? :lol:

Honestly, I can barely think of a mackrm player or manager  who I even particularly care enough about to dislike. Perhaps Cattermole, was a bit of a twat. Hutchinson, but not because he played for them, he eas just an arsehole. Wasn't a fan of that paedo who played for them or that fascist manager they had, but could scarcely give any of them a seconds thought now. Most my hatred goes to some of our own like Souness and Lee Bowyer if I'm honest. I just find mackems tragically funny. 

:lol: Special mention to the bloke claiming Shearer isn’t “classy” because he didn’t mention Sorensen saving it (why the fuck would he?) yet starting the sentence by referring to Shearer as “Arsehole”, that’s definitely classy marra :lol: do they engage their brains for a fucking second? 

Aye I think the lack of giving much of a fuck about their players is likely due to them being largely irrelevant, or average at best. Cattermole was a nob but he was also a dreadful player, if he was also a brilliant player who helped make them a good side we would probably be arsed about him more.

They also really fucking hate when people are negative about their club (which is the cause of the hate for Barton), I think largely because they don’t get talked about much if we went on about people that are negative about NUFC the way they do about negative comments regarding SAFC we’d lose our fucking minds. They can call this deluded but we’re a far better known and discussed club, personally I think whenever they try to compare themselves to our stature they’re the deluded ones. 

I find them a crease tbh, I’ve said before we couldn’t wish for better local rivals. No matter how shit it got under Ashley they never once capitalized and kicked on, they basically were right there in the toilet with us and then got even worse :lol:. I mean I suppose it’s no wonder they seem to go on that Ashley was some great owner when you consider we finished 5th under him (higher than they’ve ever come in the PL era) and played more European games than they have in their entire history - despite that he goes down as a shit stain on our club. It’s going to be all part of the fun watching them lose their fucking heads in the coming years when we go up the gears as a club under this ownership, and the coverage we get switches to be positive, and glowing their hatred list will grow and grow :lol:

• Haha 5

29 minutes ago, Howay said:

:lol: Special mention to the bloke claiming Shearer isn’t “classy” because he didn’t mention Sorensen saving it (why the fuck would he?) yet starting the sentence by referring to Shearer as “Arsehole”, that’s definitely classy marra :lol: do they engage their brains for a fucking second? 

Aye I think the lack of giving much of a fuck about their players is likely due to them being largely irrelevant, or average at best. Cattermole was a nob but he was also a dreadful player, if he was also a brilliant player who helped make them a good side we would probably be arsed about him more.

They also really fucking hate when people are negative about their club (which is the cause of the hate for Barton), I think largely because they don’t get talked about much if we went on about people that are negative about NUFC the way they do about negative comments regarding SAFC we’d lose our fucking minds. They can call this deluded but we’re a far better known and discussed club, personally I think whenever they try to compare themselves to our stature they’re the deluded ones. 

I find them a crease tbh, I’ve said before we couldn’t wish for better local rivals. No matter how shit it got under Ashley they never once capitalized and kicked on, they basically were right there in the toilet with us and then got even worse :lol:. I mean I suppose it’s no wonder they seem to go on that Ashley was some great owner when you consider we finished 5th under him (higher than they’ve ever come in the PL era) and played more European games than they have in their entire history - despite that he goes down as a shit stain on our club. It’s going to be all part of the fun watching them lose their fucking heads in the coming years when we go up the gears as a club under this ownership, and the coverage we get switches to be positive, and glowing their hatred list will grow and grow :lol:

And they'll still insist they'd rather be in league 2 playing Harlepool than be owned by Saudis and be able to sleep at night😏 

Edited by Rosco
  • Haha 4

9 hours ago, Howay said:

That's a good point to be honest. In the 14 seasons that Ashley was taking the legs out from under us, they finished above us 5 times (twice by virtue of us not being in the PL). We finished above them 9 times.

Their average finish was 15th, buoyed largely by one 10th placed finish in 2010/11. Our average finish was 13th.

Average point return was 38. Ours was 45pts.

Only got more than 40pts in 3/14 seasons. We managed it 10/12 times.

In those 14yrs they didn't have a single season with a positive GD. We only managed it twice.

They had over a decade to sort their shit out, and instead tumbled down the leagues in spectacular fashion. We sorted it out in under a year. Yes, we spent a bit, but you can't tell me that with the proper planning, they couldn't have achieved a good return over 10 seasons?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Renton said:

The other thing is it never happened 

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Alex said:

I got a signed Pardew print off a mate one Christmas. It was funny, I wasn't wound up. And I'm sure my mate isn't telling everyone what a magnificent own it was.

• Haha 3

13 hours ago, Renton said:

"The look on his face when I gifted him a big expensive picture frame. Pwnd lolz"

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Alex said:

You know come to think of it, I'm sure the sad bastards have this print hanging somewhere prominent in the SoL? Might have been on Sunderland 'til I die I think. @The Fish can do a stadium tour to confirm. 

• Like 1

The Mackem coping strategy is fascinating like. When we were better than them despite being shit ourselves under Ashley, they had to invent this concept of them being more "classy" to cope with the reality of the situation. As far as the cities went, they eventually gave up on claiming Sunderland was a better city, conceding Newcastle held that. But only the city centre, apparently their surrounding suburbs are far superior (despite remarkably being a lot cheaper). Of course you have to take areas like Jesmond, Gosforth out of this made up fact (can't remember why?)  and coastal places like Whitburn are definitely in Sunderland but places like Tynemouth are excluded as they are North Tyneside. Then, as the gap between us becomes stratospheric, so has their use of the trump card of morality. :lol:

However, as we approach the end game, it seems their new coping mechanism is censorship, simply banning people whose opinion does not toe the SMB line. Shame, it used to be a decent forum in all honesty, now it's just descended into insanity. 

Edited by Renton
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

23 minutes ago, Renton said:

You know come to think of it, I'm sure the sad bastards have this print hanging somewhere prominent in the SoL? Might have been on Sunderland 'til I die I think. @The Fish can do a stadium tour to confirm. 

They have. Or they did have. I saw it on something else 

2 hours ago, Alex said:

This. A picture from back then, it's dodgy enough in it's original form, blown up would be grainy/pixelated to fuck, no way it happened.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Fish said:

That's a good point to be honest. In the 14 seasons that Ashley was taking the legs out from under us, they finished above us 5 times (twice by virtue of us not being in the PL). We finished above them 9 times.

Their average finish was 15th, buoyed largely by one 10th placed finish in 2010/11. Our average finish was 13th.

Average point return was 38. Ours was 45pts.

Only got more than 40pts in 3/14 seasons. We managed it 10/12 times.

In those 14yrs they didn't have a single season with a positive GD. We only managed it twice.

They had over a decade to sort their shit out, and instead tumbled down the leagues in spectacular fashion. We sorted it out in under a year. Yes, we spent a bit, but you can't tell me that with the proper planning, they couldn't have achieved a good return over 10 seasons?

Pretty sure they outspent us during that time as well.

• Like 3