mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

4 hours ago, The Fish said:

I got a signed Pardew print off a mate one Christmas. It was funny, I wasn't wound up. And I'm sure my mate isn't telling everyone what a magnificent own it was.

Shame Chez doesn’t post on here anymore as he’d have bought it 👍🏻 ;) 

Edited by Alex
  • Haha 3

56 minutes ago, Toonpack said:

Pretty sure they outspent us during that time as well.

Back of a fag packet maths says that 2007-2016 (their top flight seasons) they spent £363m and made £165m. We spent £343m and made £308m. So, Gross and Net they outspent us. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Alex said:

Shame Chez doesn’t post on here anymore as he’d have bought it 👍🏻 ;) 

If anyone's got a forwarding address, he can have it for the cost of postage.

Mackems finding out the hard way about the Steve Bruce bounce you get once the fat twat leaves a club. Boing boing you mackem twats. Hope you didn't get too cold. :)

Edited by Renton
  • Haha 8

Lost at home to West Bromwich Albion tonight after being 1-0 up. :lol: And it gets better......

"Carlos Corberan's Baggies are a different outfit to the side that won just two of their first 17 matches. The Spaniard lost his first game in charge against Sheffield United at the end of October, but they have now beaten Blackpool, QPR, Stoke and the Black Cats."

Four games in a row won by the new wba boss who seems to be doing a bit better than the last pudding. Amazing.

• Haha 6

7 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

Lost at home to West Bromwich Albion tonight after being 1-0 up. :lol: And it gets better......

"Carlos Corberan's Baggies are a different outfit to the side that won just two of their first 17 matches. The Spaniard lost his first game in charge against Sheffield United at the end of October, but they have now beaten Blackpool, QPR, Stoke and the Black Cats."

Four games in a row won by the new wba boss who seems to be doing a bit better than the last pudding. Amazing.

It's hilarious how their bitterness of us completely blinds them to any objective truth. Many will still argue blind Bruce was a better manager for us than Benitez or Howe. Their football judgement is the worst out of any set of supporters and ALWAYS comes back to bite them on the arse. 

Edited by Renton
  • Haha 2

:lol: The amount of excuses in that thread, they‘ll then go and say they’re the best fan base around. They’re just a shite, run of the mill, second/third tier football club, nowt special or interesting about the club or it’s fan base. 

I see they’re also turning on Mowbray :lol:, won’t be long until he’s hounded out by the best fan base ever who will be onto their third manager of the season. 

I just had a look at the other threads and on the first page alone they have threads trashing Mowbray, a one about how they’d never have Alex Neil back as he’s shit and a cunt, and one about how much of a bellend Lee Johnson is. They wonder why they can’t attract anyone with any talent :lol: :lol: 

Edited by Howay
  • Haha 4

17 minutes ago, Howay said:

:lol: The amount of excuses in that thread, they‘ll then go and say they’re the best fan base around. They’re just a shite, run of the mill, second/third tier football club, nowt special or interesting about the club or it’s fan base. 

I see they’re also turning on Mowbray :lol:, won’t be long until he’s hounded out by the best fan base ever who will be onto their third manager of the season. 

I just had a look at the other threads and on the first page alone they have threads trashing Mowbray, a one about how they’d never have Alex Neil back as he’s shit and a cunt, and one about how much of a bellend Lee Johnson is. They wonder why they can’t attract anyone with any talent :lol: :lol: 

:lol: :lol:

Howay reads it so we don't have to.....

Season 9 Thank You GIF by The Office

Staggering lack of self awareness on wearside MK-MVIIVII.  

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, ewerk said:

They're 11th in the league and four points off the playoffs, of course they want the manager out. What the fuck were they expecting from this season?

Its the fewm that they are not challenging for the champions league marra

Seems (again) their best players are loanees, can't build a team for consistency if the players aren't yours.

Also I see the Loch Ness Ronaldo Kitson was still out, was supposed to be on the bench, but still got a sore thigh, he's either properly crocked or he's angling to escape in Jan.

claiming 34,000 tickets sold here.....

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/attendance-thread-west-bromwich-albion.1593207/page-15

arguing about how whether anywhere between six to fourteen thousand hadn't actually shown up here......

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/attendance-tonight.1595605/

absolutely slaughtering the op for pointing out the ground was empty by the final whistle as he didn't appreciate how cold it was here....

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/embarrassing-fans.1595578/

they're fucking hilarious!    :lol:

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Screenshot_20221213_093034_Chrome.thumb.jpg.36b52eb3e59284444b90624fff4940ee.jpg

Watching England on the telly two days earlier and the spectre of Christmas a week and a half away fully justified the decision to leave early.

I enjoyed that someone posted evidence that goals are more likely scored late in games if the fans stick by the team. The considered response to that? "Stop talking shite".

"I see your proof, I understand your logic, and it makes sense, buuuuuut I'm going to dismiss it out of hand because I don't like it!"

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Screenshot_20221213_093034_Chrome.thumb.jpg.36b52eb3e59284444b90624fff4940ee.jpg

Watching England on the telly two days earlier and the spectre of Christmas a week and a half away fully justified the decision to leave early.

Having, presumably, already paid for the ticket anyway.

no official attendance released by the club, presumably because they're too embarrassed to claim there was thirty odd thousand in there last night.

I put their game on for 15 minutes last night before the wife claimed the tele for the strictly results show (I know, I know, shameful) and it looked to me their lower bowl was just over half full. odd really when every mlf in the entire world is a regular match attendee.

Edited by thebrokendoll
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1