mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

Case in point to what I said earlier.

image.thumb.png.8dc08c048ad2fa0a2221054eaaa3d272.png

There's a thread now on SMB being which would they prefer, getting promoted or winning the FA cup. Think its fair to say either scenario is unlikely. Then the immediately think of us. I can honestly say, I would much rather we won the league cup, even if they lifted the FA cup. This to me just proves they are happy as long as we don't do well. Well, tough titty, all the imaginings in the World now aren't stopping us. 

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Renton said:

There's a thread now on SMB being which would they prefer, getting promoted or winning the FA cup. Think its fair to say either scenario is unlikely. Then the immediately think of us. I can honestly say, I would much rather we won the league cup, even if they lifted the FA cup. This to me just proves they are happy as long as we don't do well. Well, tough titty, all the imaginings in the World now aren't stopping us. 

Genuinely don't think about their possible success or failures away from this messageboard (or talking to sunderland mates).

My imaginings about the League Cup are solely what it would mean for NUFC, the players and me. I haven't thought about what Newcastle lifting the League cup would mean to Sunderland. I guess it would further increase the gap between the two clubs and accelerate our progress towards European competition and further domestic honours as our successes attract more, higher quality players and more, higher value commercial deals. And that would make them frustrated, it would attract more fans from areas where it's traditionally been a split between the two clubs?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Never realised Pope Benedict was a MLF. 

He looks like he's just teleported in there and is thinking "Wor zum teufel bin ich? Wer zum fickin sind diese leute?".

No doubt I've fucked up my jorman. 

• Haha 2

50 minutes ago, Renton said:

So his best case scenario is we win the league cup and they win the FA cup? He wouldn’t prefer to win the FA Cup and us to go out to Southampton? Do they fucking engage their brains while making up these weird imaginary scenarios, or is it just drivel on autopilot?

Why is he even acting like them winning the FA Cup is some plausible scenario, they’re only in the 4th fucking round they need to win 5 more rounds to win the thing. It’s absolutely barmy, it’s like us saying “I seyz to me mam imagine if they got promoted in the play offs next seyyyson and we won the Champions leyyyug? Tha would be the best fing eva”, it’s so fucking weird they got promoted and are a middling championship side which is good for them given where they are but they’re acting like they’d pump a side 3rd in the premier league that are currently the best defensive unit in the top 5 European leagues and among the highest scorers in the Premier League. It’s just ridiculous, they even have the brass neck to call us deluded in the same posts :lol: 

• Haha 4

18 minutes ago, Howay said:

So his best case scenario is we win the league cup and they win the FA cup? He wouldn’t prefer to win the FA Cup and us to go out to Southampton? Do they fucking engage their brains while making up these weird imaginary scenarios, or is it just drivel on autopilot?

Why is he even acting like them winning the FA Cup is some plausible scenario, they’re only in the 4th fucking round they need to win 5 more rounds to win the thing. It’s absolutely barmy, it’s like us saying “I seyz to me mam imagine if they got promoted in the play offs next seyyyson and we won the Champions leyyyug? Tha would be the best fing eva”, it’s so fucking weird they got promoted and are a middling championship side which is good for them given where they are but they’re acting like they’d pump a side 3rd in the premier league that are currently the best defensive unit in the top 5 European leagues and among the highest scorers in the Premier League. It’s just ridiculous, they even have the brass neck to call us deluded in the same posts :lol: 

When you live in Sunderland I guess all you can do is either get out and disown your past (if you're sensible) or develop a fervent imagination. I mean our equivalent would be something like:

• Imagine Sunderland get relegated from the preimiership.
  • Then imagine they are so shit in the second tier they end up bottom of the league with various comical club carry on.
  • Then imagine they have to beat Burton to avoid relegation to League 1, the very team they used to take the piss out of us.
  • THEN imagine that Darren Bent of all people scores the deciding goal which relagates them.
  • THEN imagine a film crew actually filmed this for posterity and  it viewed on the most popular streaming serivce. :lol:

I mean, even in my most fervent imagination I doubt I could conjure such a scenario.

Oh.

Edited by Renton
  • Haha 10

This is literally the type of thing managers come out with when playing top sides, essentially saying they’re simply too good for us to deal with but we tried to stay in the game. We’re obviously really shit though. 

• Like 3

There’s about 20 teams with a better chance of winning the fa cup. So roughly the same as next season and the premier league if they do get up via the playoffs 

Edited by Alex

2 hours ago, Howay said:

This is literally the type of thing managers come out with when playing top sides, essentially saying they’re simply too good for us to deal with but we tried to stay in the game. We’re obviously really shit though. 

Aye, wait till they see the man mountain Ryan Fraser

4 hours ago, Howay said:

Do they fucking engage their brains while making up these weird imaginary scenarios, or is it just drivel on autopilot?

Glue, frequently and in large quantities. It explains everything

• Haha 4

"Doing a Sunderland" has already entered the footballing lexicon, rpelacing "doing a Leeds". But the comparison is a bit daft here, Sunderland have been utter shit almost consistently since WW2.

• Haha 2