mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

1 hour ago, Renton said:

Why are mackems so desperate to be liked? It's very odd. Post after post on SMB about how class they are and how all other fans love them , except for maybe us, Boro, Coventry, Portsmouth, Burton, Leeds and Wycombe wanderers. The latest group are the "Brixton lads" apparently.  They enjoy baiting an England striker who retired more than 15 years ago and singing about garden sheds too. Bizarre.

SmartSelect_20230129_094642_Chrome.thumb.jpg.fc85ef0b8319ba6c36060f6b856cc69b.jpg

The latest edition in the seemingly never ending series of things that didn’t really happen 👍🏻

• Haha 2
  • Jaysus... 1

If they had anything about them as a football club, they wouldn’t be so desperate for validation and recognition. Of course no one gives a shit about them so they make up stories instead, usually involving unlikely encounters with complete strangers who have to tell them how great they are. I don’t know what’s sadder, the cretins who come up with this guff on RTG or the morons who lap it up.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Kitman said:

If they had anything about them as a football club, they wouldn’t be so desperate for validation and recognition. Of course no one gives a shit about them so they make up stories instead, usually involving unlikely encounters with complete strangers who have to tell them how great they are. I don’t know what’s sadder, the cretins who come up with this guff on RTG or the morons who lap it up.

Apparently some Boca Juniors fans (who’d flown over to watch the game after seeing the Netflix series) were in the Sunderland end. They said the atmosphere was better than the Superclasico. Not just that, the football was better too.  

• Haha 4

4 minutes ago, Alex said:

Apparently some Boca Juniors fans (who’d flown over to watch the game after seeing the Netflix series) were in the Sunderland end. They said the atmosphere was better than the Superclasico. Not just that, the football was better too.  

One of them was maradona's cousin, said Diego had always admired Sunderland and hoped to sign for them when he knew he was going to Europe but insert reasons here why his club wouldn't sell him to the NE giants. What could've been, marra. FTM.

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, Alex said:

The latest edition in the seemingly never ending series of things that didn’t really happen 👍🏻

Aye while it absolutely didn’t happen, it’s just fucking weird how everything they do is amazing and no one ever experienced anything like it before. Like what is different about how their away end celebrates a last minute winner? It’s honestly one of the weirdest things about the whole thing, well besides finding some absolute level of validation from “a group of lads that live in Brixton”. 

• Haha 4

Part #9,768,234 in the series of conversations that didn’t happen is this nugget of an OP in a thread titled ‘Pride of the North East’:

AE1202A1-CF00-4F57-B065-973EE65F92E3.thumb.png.dd60d47f2353cc87ef16e2a7ae605e74.png

In which almost every single reply mentions us

• Haha 4

9 minutes ago, Alex said:

Part #9,768,234 in the series of conversations that didn’t happen is this nugget of an OP in a thread titled ‘Pride of the North East’:

AE1202A1-CF00-4F57-B065-973EE65F92E3.thumb.png.dd60d47f2353cc87ef16e2a7ae605e74.png

In which almost every single reply mentions us

:lol: The levels of delusion are off the charts like. The difference between bottom half championship (which they’re 3 points off) and top end of League One is minimal, what they’re claiming is some immense accomplishment isn’t anything special at all. Meanwhile they all automatically assume they’d walk the PL, despite the fact a newly promoted Fulham side were all over them (with half a second string out). A Burnley side who were absolutely fucking wank last season are now walking that division, the gap they think is small is actually a fucking canyon the deluded cunts. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, NJS said:

As soon as they fail to make the playoffs or lose in them they'll revert to default and start hounding out Mowbray. 

Aye give it 6 months and all this fantasy island shit will be forgotten. They're all pissed on Mowbrayball at the minute, but the hangover is coming. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Kitman said:

I don’t know what’s sadder, the cretins who come up with this guff on RTG or the morons who lap it up.

Given their predilection for underage girls, here’s the mackem-safe version …

3BB362B3-C7F6-4138-BDD7-DEADA994896A.jpeg.2a35551e1728bc2677c6a0fb258d55f6.jpeg

• Haha 4

On 28/01/2023 at 12:25, Renton said:

That's at least the second thread on him. There was another long one which was removed to the compendium. Like I say, I pity the admin there.

Cat Playing GIF

Quick me marra admin! It's happening again! Add this to the hidden compendium before deluded of SMB sees this batshit insanity!

Screenshot_20230129_185929_Chrome.thumb.jpg.75a3718e153def68f7d81f457a86c12e.jpg

• Haha 5

:lol: So they’re genuinely serious thinking they’re this amazingly exciting attacking side? Staggering, I thought they looked exactly what they are - a counter attacking side whose only threat came on the break against a weakened Fulham. It’s funny how they claim all their players are these amazing youth talents yet none of them are linked anywhere :lol:. They really need to pack in calling us deluded the way they’re going on. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Kitman said:

Even if it's true it's more or less indication that the "group of lads" reluctantly went thinking it was going to be absolute shit. Best case is they got drunk enough to have a good time and told the Mackems that despite it being Sunderland they still had a decent time.

And more likely is they had to twist their arms to go in the first place and then were so desperate for them to have a good time that the visiting lads would have felt obliged to tell him that the fans were 'brilliant'. Apart from that even in his embellished retelling the other comments aren't even particularly complementary. 

Can you imagine being so bitter that 17 years after an opposing team's player retired you'd still be singing about them in a game that doesn't even involve their old club. It's absurd.

12 minutes ago, OTF said:

Even if it's true it's more or less indication that the "group of lads" reluctantly went thinking it was going to be absolute shit. Best case is they got drunk enough to have a good time and told the Mackems that despite it being Sunderland they still had a decent time.

And more likely is they had to twist their arms to go in the first place and then were so desperate for them to have a good time that the visiting lads would have felt obliged to tell him that the fans were 'brilliant'. Apart from that even in his embellished retelling the other comments aren't even particularly complementary. 

Can you imagine being so bitter that 17 years after an opposing team's player retired you'd still be singing about them in a game that doesn't even involve their old club. It's absurd.

I’m afraid it sounds to me like a story invented by someone who isn’t all that bright and desperate for acceptance on a weird troglodyte forum

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Kitman said:

I’m afraid it sounds to me like a story invented by someone who isn’t all that bright and desperate for acceptance on a weird troglodyte forum

Aye and my point when I started writing was supposed to be if you're going to make a story up go all out, don't be like I had sex with one of the Spice Girls in the 90s and then say it was Mel B.

Edited by OTF
  • Like 1