mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

14 minutes ago, Tom said:

We’ve played Spurs twice at “New” Wembley :lol: 

and overall we’ve competed at Wembley 16 times…which is more than them. Idiots. 

There are other football venues in London too, which they may not be aware of. Nice of them to remind us not to try to turn Covent Garden and Trafalgar Square into something resembling a war zone though 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Tom said:

We’ve played Spurs twice at “New” Wembley :lol: 

and overall we’ve competed at Wembley 16 times…which is more than them. Idiots. 

Am fairly sure the first time we played spurs at Wembley was before their play off final… May 2018 was the first time we played them @ Wembley, had the mackems played at the new Wembley before then? 

23 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Missed the vital part about shitting in fountains. 

Well, read the post marra, mackems have claimed Trafalgar Square fountains fro themselves. I was thinking shall we just shit in the Dianna Memorial fountain instead? 

• Haha 6

6 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Am fairly sure the first time we played spurs at Wembley was before their play off final… May 2018 was the first time we played them @ Wembley, had the mackems played at the new Wembley before then? 

League cup final 2014. You just have to accept we will forever be in their shadow marra, visiting the New Wembley ofr any reason (except top level league matches) is the only thing that matter in football. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

51 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

League Cup final v Man City? 

1 hour ago, Renton said:

Well, read the post marra, mackems have claimed Trafalgar Square fountains fro themselves. I was thinking shall we just shit in the Dianna Memorial fountain instead? 

She was the Queen of Farts, gorblessah. 

There’s an article from last year in the Sunderland Echo which kind of sums them up. 20 Surprising Famous Faces Who Support Sunderland. It’s absolutely fucking tragic. Nearly everyone either hails from Sunderland or nearby. They’ve included Henderson and Pickford on the list. It’s also got Mark Webber on there despite him also claiming to support Man Utd. Peter O’Toole and Brian Clough are on there. Apart from both being dead for years when the article was written (I guess the headline ‘….Support or Supported…. didn’t sound as good). The piece also admits in the case of Cloughie he actually supported Boro. Perhaps my favourite bit is that it only lists 19 people. 

• Haha 7

5 minutes ago, Alex said:

There’s an article from last year in the Sunderland Echo which kind of sums them up. 20 Surprising Famous Faces Who Support Sunderland. It’s absolutely fucking tragic. Nearly everyone either hails from Sunderland or nearby. They’ve included Henderson and Pickford on the list. It’s also got Mark Webber on there despite him also claiming to support Man Utd. Peter O’Toole and Brian Clough are on there. Apart from both being dead for years when the article was written (I guess the headline ‘….Support or Supported…. didn’t sound as good). The piece also admits in the case of Cloughie he actually supported Boro. Perhaps my favourite bit is that it only lists 19 people. 

The usual suspects, Kate Adie, Dave Stewart, Steve Cram (number 3). I mean these are hardly surprising are they? :lol: Some of them ar nobodies from celebratory TV shows I've never heard of, and you're right, it stops at 19 after admitting 18 (Clough) was a Boro supporter.  :lol:

The funniest thing though is they're so needy this stuff actually matters to them. I genuinely couldn't give a shit which "famous people" supported us. 

• Haha 4

15 minutes ago, Renton said:

The usual suspects, Kate Adie, Dave Stewart, Steve Cram (number 3). I mean these are hardly surprising are they? :lol: Some of them ar nobodies from celebratory TV shows I've never heard of, and you're right, it stops at 19 after admitting 18 (Clough) was a Boro supporter.  :lol:

The funniest thing though is they're so needy this stuff actually matters to them. I genuinely couldn't give a shit which "famous people" supported us. 

You’re not going to believe this but you know Billy Hardy? The Sunderland-born boxer who fought in red and white striped shorts. Well it turns out he supports Sunderland. Tony Jeffries as well, the Olympic medalist, also born there who had a fast food van outside the stadium of light on match days. He only supports them as well. It blew my mind 

Edited by Alex
  • Haha 7