mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

We’re assuming by PL he means Premier League, which renders his statement as ridiculous. 

Since we know mackems never make ridiculous statements, PL has to mean something else here. 

Paedo Lovers fits perfectly. 

• Haha 1

I’m sure they came 10th in the season of the famous Uncal Mick 4am SJP takeover. No doubt fresh from The New Monkey, after a hard night trying to pull school girls with cornrow hair styles. That would still only be 3 times though (out of 31 PL seasons) 

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, Alex said:

By historical I assume they mean Edwardian 

think they're going off the all time table. 

Premier League + 1. Division » All-time league table (worldfootball.net)

Pre-premier League, the last time they finished top 10 of the top flight was 1955/56, they were relegated 57/58. Also in 1955/56, the First McDonalds opened and Elvis first broke into the Music Charts with Heartbreak Hotel and the first Snooze alarm clock hit the shelves. 

In the PL era they've finished in the top 10 on 3 occasions (99/00, 00/01 and 10/11). 

We've done it 18 times since 1992

Edited by The Fish
  • Like 1

I'm not saying they're delusional or confused but some of them reckon a wandering Sunderland AFC fan up here for work in the 1870s founded their own club. He'd just finished a shift where they used to build the boats and was walking home around dusk all by himself through a cobblestone ally when a ghostly voice whispered to him, "If ya build it, Marras will come. FTM." True story. :good:

• Haha 10

3 hours ago, Howmanheyman said:

I'm not saying they're delusional or confused but some of them reckon a wandering Sunderland AFC fan up here for work in the 1870s founded their own club. He'd just finished a shift where they used to build the boats and was walking home around dusk all by himself through a cobblestone ally when a ghostly voice whispered to him, "If ya build it, Marras will come. FTM." True story. :good:

I’ve heard that tale tbf. 
Bloke was called Bill Bao.…

• Haha 6

45 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

I’ve heard that tale tbf. 
Bloke was called Bill Bao.…

He was a runner of some repute, locals referred to him as Athlete Bill Bao.

Think he emigrated to Spain at some point.

Edited by Toonpack
  • Haha 6

On 11/03/2023 at 01:53, Monkeys Fist said:

We’re assuming by PL he means Premier League, which renders his statement as ridiculous. 

Since we know mackems never make ridiculous statements, PL has to mean something else here. 

Paedo Lovers fits perfectly. 

Pub League. Paedo Lovers they're in a League of their own.

20 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

It’d be funny as fuck if it kicked off :lol:

Pretty sure I remember a young Norwich fan being brutally attacked by an older Sunderland prick a couple of years ago so maybe he didn't get the memo?