mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

1 hour ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

More scintillating stuff on display from them last night. I heard that people were turning away from Napoli’s games in droves to catch a glimpse

Mate, there were literally hundreds of Napoli and Frankfurt fans rioting on the streets of Naples last night, both demanding that their respective clubs appoint Tony Mowbray as manager immediately.

• Haha 6

41 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

9 games left and 8 points to make up to get into the playoffs. Slowly slipping away week by week :lol: 

They're not making the play offs, they never were. Let's hope they have a tricky second season next year and go back to their spiritual home. With the "model" they are so proud to boast about (which to my eyes seems to be an even shitter version of Ashley's), I think this is a possibility, although tbf, you have to be pretty shit to get relegated from the championship. 

If they lose Stewart to Rangers which was supposedly on until he got fucked and aren't as lucky with loans as they have been this year, I can see the normal hounding out of Mowbray starting in about October. 

38 minutes ago, NJS said:

If they lose Stewart to Rangers which was supposedly on until he got fucked and aren't as lucky with loans as they have been this year, I can see the normal hounding out of Mowbray starting in about October. 

image.jpeg.5c90e59fe0349cbae8300476863069fb.jpeg

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, NJS said:

Mowbray will jump ship if a decent (or any) offer comes in 🙂 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, RobinRobin said:

Mowbray will jump ship if a decent (or any) offer comes in 🙂 

aye, if a bigger club such as rotherham came in for him mowbray would be off like a shot. much like neil did with stoke.

Edited by thebrokendoll
  • Haha 6

3 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

9 games left and 8 points to make up to get into the playoffs. Slowly slipping away week by week :lol: 

It’s the amount of teams between them and the playoff places too which makes it highly unlikely they’ll get into the top 6

Edited by Alex
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Alex said:

It’s the amount of teams between them and the playoff places too which makes it highly unlikely they’ll get into the top 6

This is what I never understood, so many of them were certain that they would get top 6, seemingly oblivious to a dozen clubs in a similar situation, most of whom were better equipped to do so.

This lad knows the score, the amount of abuse he gets on the thread for saying it though is quite something! Genuinely, you go against the message you're treated like a hertetic, or even worse, a Mag. 

image.png.e546d3c5b5c6c099164c8d51599a3977.png

• Like 3

8 hours ago, thebrokendoll said:

aye, if a bigger club such as rotherham came in for him mowbray would be off like a shot. much like neil did with stoke.

You don’t turn down Rotherham

• Haha 4

23 hours ago, Renton said:

This is what I never understood, so many of them were certain that they would get top 6, seemingly oblivious to a dozen clubs in a similar situation, most of whom were better equipped to do so.

This lad knows the score, the amount of abuse he gets on the thread for saying it though is quite something! Genuinely, you go against the message you're treated like a hertetic, or even worse, a Mag. 

image.png.e546d3c5b5c6c099164c8d51599a3977.png

The arrogance comparing themselves to Brighton, Southampton, and Brentford btw :lol: 

Those three teams built good footballing sides, had a direction and aligned their managers with that direction, they bought under the radar players who fit their system and grew with the side. In what way are Sunderland emulating that? They’ve went from Alex Neil to Mowbray, no cross over in style and when you look at other candidates (such as Keane) there clearly is no philosophy in place. They’re heavily relying on loans, and those loans are ones which won’t become permanent. They had a little run of results which took them to solid mid table in the championship, under a heavily experienced manager that is a known quantity. I can’t see any comparables between the sides they think they emulate and themselves other than two of them also play in red and white :lol: Fucking basket cases. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

They largely sit in two camps - those that have bought into ‘the process’ and those that haven’t. But as Howay says, there doesn’t actually seem to be one. At least beyond ticking over without much investment 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Alex said:

They largely sit in two camps - those that have bought into ‘the process’ and those that haven’t. But as Howay says, there doesn’t actually seem to be one. At least beyond ticking over without much investment 

It's like the minute things are going their way they convince themselves it's all part of the plan, when things go wrong it's because there is no plan. When things were going well for us under Benitez it's because we could see the work he was doing on the shape, on the system. When Bruce was getting a similar points haul it was despite a lack of tactics. We could see that so we didn't throw our cocks around. There just seem to be any critical thinking over there.

A PR person's in charge, that's brilliant! Why, why is it brilliant to have someone in charge who's remit is to alter your perception of reality?

We've got a young owner with access to a lot of money! Do you? Have you really thought about it?

This process is going brilliantly! What process?

If they were like Brighton and Brentford then they'd deserve credit, but just like every other middling second tier side. Some good kids on loan, maybe one or two better than average players for that league, but plenty just filling a shirt and a manager who's got experience. Take that team and that manager and dump them in Stoke shirts and nobody would bat an eye. You want a process, have a look at Burnley, Sheffield United, Swansea. They score highly on the "Fair Game Sustainability Index". 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Howay said:

The arrogance comparing themselves to Brighton, Southampton, and Brentford btw :lol: 

Those three teams built good footballing sides, had a direction and aligned their managers with that direction, they bought under the radar players who fit their system and grew with the side. In what way are Sunderland emulating that? They’ve went from Alex Neil to Mowbray, no cross over in style and when you look at other candidates (such as Keane) there clearly is no philosophy in place. They’re heavily relying on loans, and those loans are ones which won’t become permanent. They had a little run of results which took them to solid mid table in the championship, under a heavily experienced manager that is a known quantity. I can’t see any comparables between the sides they think they emulate and themselves other than two of them also play in red and white :lol: Fucking basket cases. 

Yeah, I meant that even if you accept they have a plan similar to these clubs, and can somehow successfully implement it, that plan is not likely to be sustainable long-term given what Sunderland is. I think that mackem poster is correct in identifying that as as issue, he is wrong for thinking that's where they are at anyway. Further down that thread of course the mackem mutants are howling at the moon proclaiming how they are a much bigger club than those mentioned. They still think winning the league a few times two centuries ago means something. Brentford is in NW London, and as such is a bigger draw than Sunderland. Brighton is trendy and a seaside place people actually want to go to. Southampton is a proper city, not a shitty misnamed town. All are bigger clubs currently than Sunderland. All are a magnitude (at least richer) and more attractive propositions. 

You get the sense that the next tidal wave of despair is going to hit SAFC soon. They are in danger of ending up a yo yo club again, only this time between the second anfd third tiers. 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Renton said:

Yeah, I meant that even if you accept they have a plan similar to these clubs, and can somehow successfully implement it, that plan is not likely to be sustainable long-term given what Sunderland is. I think that mackem poster is correct in identifying that as as issue, he is wrong for thinking that's where they are at anyway. Further down that thread of course the mackem mutants are howling at the moon proclaiming how they are a much bigger club than those mentioned. They still think winning the league a few times two centuries ago means something. Brentford is in NW London, and as such is a bigger draw than Sunderland. Brighton is trendy and a seaside place people actually want to go to. Southampton is a proper city, not a shitty misnamed town. All are bigger clubs currently than Sunderland. All are a magnitude (at least richer) and more attractive propositions. 

You get the sense that the next tidal wave of despair is going to hit SAFC soon. They are in danger of ending up a yo yo club again, only this time between the second anfd third tiers. 

Oh aye totally got your point, I was just having a go at the shit seater for having the brass neck to compare SAFC to those clubs. It’ll go tits up next season iyam, the loans they get next season probably won’t go as well as the ones this season (I mean they loaned a bloke Manchester United paid £40m for, there’s not many like that go out on loan), once that doesn’t work out they’ll immediately be on Mowbrays back - as they were a few months ago tbh. 

• Like 1

And the match thread on our game is up and running.......no doubt 50/60 pages by full time........but they dont care about us marra...FTM 

• Haha 3

Iyam the mackems have more in common with us under Ashley than the likes of Brighton. The norm for us before Bruce was a bang average manager, a bang average squad topped up with loans and contract extensions, and a lack of investment in every area of the club.

• Like 1

tbh any sensible fans should be satisfied with a top half finish outside the  play off places? SAFC has been starved of funds by the chuckle bros and for many years has scraped by in D2. Mid table in D1 would be a solid effort imo.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kitman said:

tbh any sensible fans should be satisfied with a top half finish outside the  play off places? SAFC has been starved of funds by the chuckle bros and for many years has scraped by in D2. Mid table in D1 would be a solid effort imo.

But top 10 in the PL is their natural position, marra.

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Interesting. I think all 20 of the Premier League teams and around half of the Championship will finish above them

I think you’ll find they’d finish halfway up the division above the division they’re halfway up 👍🏻

• Haha 5