mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

56 minutes ago, Renton said:

I was just about to quote that very post. This is the follow up. This definitely happened. AFter 2 trophies in their recent history. If you're going to lie, put a bit of effort into it. 

image.thumb.png.cb8a13aa240169ccfe1eb2b486b29f6f.png

• Haha 5

:lol: They know that’s not what it’s like at all anyway right? I don’t look at every win and see an asterisk about it because the ultimate owners of NUFC are horrible people via a wealth fund. If you applied that type of thinking to every day life you’d be absolutely fucking miserable. 

The “we have our club back” stuff obviously is because we have an ownership whose goals for the club align with the fan base now, they want success isn’t that the fucking point of football? Of course it’s a hypocritical view since at the base it’s just us wanting out club to be successful, but who doesn’t? Why watch shit football that has no eventual pay off, you do it as a fan but you’d rather watch successful football with amazingly talented players no?

As others point out basically no fan base in this country has their club they’re all owned by fucking cunts, are our cunts the worst? Yes, but that asterisk applies to all of them to varying degrees. For example people like Boehly and FSG that own Chelsea and Liverpool, they buy up company’s gut them and sell them on, it ruins peoples lives, as bad as murder, torture, or whatever else SA does? Categorically no of course not but from a moralistic standpoint they’re still horrible and that’s where the money is coming from, it’s hard to draw this line in the sand now when we’ve descended from those hedge fund type owners, to oligarchs, to now nation states, this was the natural progression and football in its greed never tried to stop it. So why not us? If it wasn’t NUFC it would be another club, if you have a strong moral compass and decide you can’t stomach the link with the club so stop following it I respect that, but the mackems are fucking kidding themselves if that’s their entire fan base as well as the fact many still accept these type of hypocritical choices in many other areas of their lives (from the clothes they wear, to their phones, TVs, media they consume etc etc). 

In short they’re pathetic tbh. Their opinions are absurd and they’re incapable of bridging any sort of gray area because they’re blinded by obsession and hatred of NUFC to a weird fucking level. It’s hilarious watching them tie themselves in knots mind, they can enjoy watching the champagne football they’re getting which has taken them to mid table in the championship, I’ll carry on watching top level internationals go on to play European competitions cheers. 

Edited by Howay
  • Like 3

I’ve said before, their “owner” Louis-Dreyfus, is rich because his family company have held back grain supplies from countries that are desperate for it, in order to artificially raise the price of that grain. 

He might not be cutting their heads off, but his wealth is built by causing more death than our erstwhile owners. 

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, Alex said:

In Consett I am Jackie, in Tow Law I am John….

🎶

In Boldon I am Andrew 

In Jarra I am Mack 

In Durham I am Johnathan 

In Wearside, I of course am Jack.

Many stories I have made up

From the mind of a bull's clem

But always......a happy...... FTM.

🎵

ca6a447c90f77dab0a55a83cc3227585.jpg.1c4da203896c300fbbac155e6e667a25.jpg

• Haha 8

ca6a447c90f77dab0a55a83cc3227585.jpg.6f4e664d69ff3ac59d75b1d81dd0f42c.jpg🎵

Sometimes it is tragic

You'd think I'd learn by now

But anyways,

have you heard of of the MLF....... Who forrrrrrmmmmed.....

......Athletic Bilbao. 🎶

Edited by Howmanheyman
  • Haha 7

1 hour ago, Howay said:

we have an ownership whose goals for the club align with the fan base now

Well that's it, in a nutshell, isn't it? 

When people were campaigning against Ashley, it had fuck all to do with his zero contract employees working in sweatshops (imo anyway). That was an easy excuse, nothing more. It was because he was asset stripping the club on an annual basis, and couldn't give a fucking toss about its stature or respect its heritage. Had the fat cunt acted properly with respect to the club, shown some ambition rather than purely acting as a carpet bagger,  he would never have been loved (just as the current ownership isn't), but he would have been tolerated. 

Football fans compartmentalise their minds. All we care about is the football at the end of the day, and the community of the club itself. The match goers, the wider community like on here. Why else follow a club man? It's absolutely laughable for the mackems to take the high ground and pretenf they're different. 

• Like 7

Even going back to the "good old days" of majority working class fans, the clubs were owned by the rich - the solicitors and monopoly shop owners like our lot or the old money bankers who owned Arsenal and so on. 

There's nowt wrong with the tribal /community/sense of belonging aspect of football clubs but the actual owners have never been a factor in that imo. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, NJS said:

Even going back to the "good old days" of majority working class fans, the clubs were owned by the rich - the solicitors and monopoly shop owners like our lot or the old money bankers who owned Arsenal and so on. 

There's nowt wrong with the tribal /community/sense of belonging aspect of football clubs but the actual owners have never been a factor in that imo. 

If you go back far enough (but not all that far) you had the maximum wage, with players tied to clubs even once their contract had expired. And the owners raking it in, at the big clubs anyway. There’s a lot wrong with modem football but at least the actual talent sees a canny bit of the profit 

Edited by Alex
  • Like 3

We all know if the mackems were offered limitless pots of cash from a noxious oligarch or nation state, they would snap their hands off. Then tie themselves in knots trying to justify why it’s okay.

North Korea would be a perfect fit for them (if they weren’t foreign).

There’s no moral high ground here, it’s just because it’s us. The amount of tine and effort they put into their bullshit is hilarious. They’re like deranged monkeys at the zoo flinging poo at the visitors, there’s no logic to it.

The only thing they’re outraged about is our success.

• Like 8

I don’t know like. A lot of their fanbase is pretty clued up about Saudi involvement in world affairs down the years. You just need to look at how many of them were discussing the 9/11 attacks on RTG last year. On the 9th of November 

Edited by Alex
  • Haha 7

6 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

:lol: Putting aside the grammatical errors, ‘seen as’ ffs, if they want to achieve their aim. Which appears to be promoting Sunderland globally :lol: Maybe don’t write editorials that ABSOLUTELY FUCKING SCREAM that you have a massive inferiority complex about the place a few miles up the road. 

• Haha 6

11 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

Their Editorial Policy is as follows...

The editorial policy of Sunderland Global Media is to promote the city while covering local and regional news with an objective, fair and insightful angle. In doing so, we adhere toSunderland Values” of honesty, humility, solidarity and progressivism.

Aye, righto :lol: 

• Haha 6

Just now, Alex said:

:lol: Putting aside the grammatical errors, ‘seen as’ ffs, if they want to achieve their aim. Which appears to be promoting Sunderland globally :lol: Maybe don’t write editorials that ABSOLUTELY FUCKING SCREAM that you have a massive inferiority complex about the place a few miles up the road. 

aye, I spotted the seen bit as well!

'sunderland global media' no fucker gives a shit about them.  :lol:

• Haha 3

Remember when they had the advert directly outside the arrivals area there? Poking fun at us for their being in the Premier League after we’d gone down last time. That went well

Edited by Alex
  • Haha 3

The easiest way for them to be known globally is for them to contribute anything to the world. Newcastle is known for the beer, the football team (have been relevant in the PL era, competing in Europe and now are on the upswing again), actors/artists (Sting, Charlie Hunnam, etc etc), coal production (“you could sell coal to a man from Newcastle”). They have being the epicenter for the Cholera outbreak to be fair but that’s about it, I know they like to think their football team is comparable but that’s the stuff of fantasy. The difference between the regions/clubs will show in the media we put out, the Netflix show made them a laughing stock, from a depressed unprivileged town, which they seem oblivious to whereas this Amazon show about NUFC will present the region in a positive light and give the club a positive professional look. 

Of course they can do it their usual way and just walk around referring to an airport no one gives a fuck about by the wrong name. 

• Like 2