mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

2 minutes ago, Alex said:

Remember when they had the advert directly outside the arrivals area there? Poking fun at us for their being in the Premier League after we’d gone down last time. That went well

:lol: I think it stayed up long after we switched positions as well due to their club being so poorly run. 

• Haha 4

Also, it’s funny that whoever wrote this bilge, even though they’re clearly teeth-gnashingly furious about our general superiority, still suggest Tyne and Wear, not Wear and Tyne. 
It’s like they know, deep down. 

Rent free :lol:

• Haha 6

22 minutes ago, Alex said:

Remember when they had the advert directly outside the arrivals area there? Poking fun at us for their being in the Premier League after we’d gone down last time. That went well

19 minutes ago, Howay said:

:lol: I think it stayed up long after we switched positions as well due to their club being so poorly run. 

It did stay up after they went down as I remember walking past it and laughing.

safcmain.thumb.jpg.072f5530c7f23d5b891b0f36044ea197.jpg

• Haha 4

37 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

discussing the fact they're on sky again. apparently all the top players looking for their next move will be tuned in to a mid table championship clash.....

Screenshot_20230325-130257_Samsung Internet.jpg

:lol: just in general. Surely they want to be hiding themselves from the cameras as no player, or indeed, sentient human could possibly be impressed by the sight of empty pink seats and a load of rubbish wafting about the shop.

Also, I love how in their world, the only knowledge of a club that a player can attain is through watching them on the telly. Like catching a glimpse of Napoli on Channel 4 in 1987 with wonderment. The last decade of football coverage and culture really hasn’t landed on Wearside yet has it?

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, PaddockLad said:

Have the fuckin droogs mentioned this yet? :cuppa:

EBE11FDC-0C5F-426D-8CFA-045501B11F44.jpeg

The Pony Express hasn't delivered the news to RTG yet but no doubt when the natives find out it'll be party time with chessy chips/blue pop.Now normally when we win a game its quickly moved to "Parsnip" but I predict it'll be discussed in depth on the main board for a number of days

Edit....just noticed its on the U18s thread....it must be a big game for them as it already 7 pages/140 posts, no doubt they'll be in a frenzy before the day is outim horny jack nicholson GIF

Edited by Rosco
  • Haha 4

4 hours ago, Sonatine said:

Their Editorial Policy is as follows...

The editorial policy of Sunderland Global Media is to promote the city while covering local and regional news with an objective, fair and insightful angle. In doing so, we adhere toSunderland Values” of honesty, humility, solidarity and progressivism.

Aye, righto :lol: 

I read the article, thinking they were going to give some valid reasons the airport should change its name. They raised two irrelevant points, which were both the same point. Also the one thing they think is a clincher is factually wrong. Durham-Tees Valley Airport is now called Teeside International. And the other example they cite, Doncaster-Sheffield Airport, has shit down! 

Some organisation this SMG (sad mackem gobsites?). It's a "pan-news" site whatever the fuck the means. Truly global with a London branch! And three staff members covering three competencies, one of which is "news"! :lol:

Screenshot_20230325_163341_Chrome.thumb.jpg.d1ca2c774b6f42968cd4f3fcb8bbbbe5.jpg

Edited by Renton
  • Haha 2

Mad they didn’t stick Phillips on instead eh? :lol: 

The question to ask is why are all these international records suddenly being broken? 

Kane had about 20 more england appearances than Shearer…mostly against minnows. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Kitman said:

Strange that no-one else has ever knocked Shearer’s England record. I wonder why that could be?

It's better than talking about 2nd Division football. :good:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I'm just going to say it. It's bothered me for years.

I don't think Harry Kane is any good. At all. I think if he played for Southampton or Wolves or even West Ham, we'd never hear a word about him and there'd not even be a whisper of an England call-up. He's a slightly above average PL striker, hence why no bigger club than Spurs was ever willing to go in for him, also considering his injury record and the monumental price tag it would take to sign him. He just doesn't represent value for money because he's not actually going to improve your side. He can score loads against Panama and Everton (similar level of opposition quality) but in big games he goes missing, North London derbies excepted, and forget his record in big tournaments for England. It doesn't even bear mentioning.

He's massively overrated, mentioning him in the same breath as Shearer and even Phillips is a joke. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, acrossthepond said:

I don't think Harry Kane is any good. At all. I think if he played for Southampton or Wolves or even West Ham, we'd never hear a word about him and there'd not even be a whisper of an England call-up. He's a slightly above average PL striker, hence why no bigger club than Spurs was ever willing to go in for him, also considering his injury record and the monumental price tag it would take to sign him. He just doesn't represent value for money because he's not actually going to improve your side. He can score loads against Panama and Everton (similar level of opposition quality) but in big games he goes missing, North London derbies excepted, and forget his record in big tournaments for England. It doesn't even bear mentioning.

He's massively overrated, mentioning him in the same breath as Shearer and even Phillips is a joke. 

Incorrect 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, acrossthepond said:

Suspect there are many good reasons why we're wrong mate, but this is also my view and I'm tired of pretending otherwise :lol: 

1 hour ago, acrossthepond said:

Doesn’t his goal record tend to contradict the assessment of him as a slightly above average PL striker? Regular goal scorers command sky high fees and salaries because it’s not that easy to stick the ball in the net for club and country, regardless of who you play for.

I realise you’re saying he’s built his career on bullying inferior sides. And I freely admit that I havent seen him play much for Spurs and I dont tend to watch England games. However there does seem to be a consensus that he’s one of the country’s leading forwards. Is that just media hype?

What is it that he does well in his actual game that allows him to score so much? "Well" in this case meaning better than average for most PL players. 

His technique, whenever I see him, is ok. Aerial play is ok. Maybe positioning is what he's so good at?

Obviously I do accept that he must be very good at something, but like fuck can I describe what it is :lol:

I don't think I'll ever rate him but again suspect that I'm just wrong.