mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

I can’t work what’s satire any more. European football. You’re halfway up the second division, mate :lol: 

If the owners did announce stadium expansion there is immediately think there was a rabbit off given the lack of investment in the first team 

• Haha 4

2nd Division fodder + having a loan to fix lifts + no parachute payments + hoping any loan players are competent = build biggest stadium in NE England and storm into Yewerup, marra. FTM. :lol:

Blow Your Mind Wow GIF by Product Hunt

• Haha 4

They're banging on about hosting Euro 2028 too. Even if that shithole was awarded it, they would get two qualifier games max. This is going to justify stadium extension? For reference, I went to all the matches at SJP in Euro 96, including those with France starring a certain up and coming star, Zenidine Zidane. This was long before our expansion, and the stadium was half empty. Weird fuckers. 

• Like 1

I'm sure the continentals will be absolutely mesmerised by the way people from Sunderland grout the bathroom tiles with their own turds. Real Sistine Chapel shit.

Edited by Gemmill
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Renton said:

They're banging on about hosting Euro 2028 too. Even if that shithole was awarded it, they would get two qualifier games max. This is going to justify stadium extension? For reference, I went to all the matches at SJP in Euro 96, including those with France starring a certain up and coming star, Zenidine Zidane. This was long before our expansion, and the stadium was half empty. Weird fuckers. 

They properly fucked up the ticketing for euro 96 btw. Loads of tickets were bundled up in packages of multiple games. So if you bought 2 or 3 group games you had much better chances of getting knock out matches. I can’t quite remember the procedure but my dad went to USA ‘94. When they were there they met a couple of lads from North Carolina who were football fans. They ended up visiting us for euro 96. They applied for two of these groups of tickets themselves each, thinking they would be over subscribed. So they ended up with two tickets each for the group games at SJP / Elland, the QF v Spain, the SF v Germany and the final. They gave their spare ones away (me and me dad went to Romania v Bulgaria at SJP plus the QF at Wembley with them). They even had a couple of spares for England v Scotland. That’s why it was half empty. 
Although the logic of SAFC expanding their ground with the euros as a consideration is mental. Also, I know they get decent crowds now but they can’t fill it and it’s been pointed out the punters are paying non-league level prices to get in. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Alex said:

it’s been pointed out the punters are paying non-league level prices to get in. 

Yeah but judging by the amount of rubbish floating around the pitch they're absolutely raking it in when it comes to crisps and confectionary sales.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, ewerk said:

Yeah but judging by the amount of rubbish floating around the pitch they're absolutely raking it in when it comes to crisps and confectionary sales.

They lose a fair wedge from the locals bringing in their own cheese slices tbf.

• Haha 7

21 minutes ago, Sonatine said:

They lose a fair wedge from the locals bringing in their own cheese slices tbf.

Plus don't forget it's quite a big stadium. When you see a few dozen crisp packets flying around, don't forget those come from a fewer number of whip rounds. 

• Haha 4

Do they really have a load of wonderkids?

BTW thanks for replies on Kane - read all of them, good points made. Just going to chalk it up to the boring perception since the word "beige" is what I think of whenever I see his name.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Do they really have a load of wonderkids?

BTW thanks for replies on Kane - read all of them, good points made. Just going to chalk it up to the boring perception since the word "beige" is what I think of whenever I see his name.

They’ve got a couple of teenagers iirc. Plus Rigg who they’ll lose in the summer anyway. You can’t count Diablo or Michut as they’re on loan. Stewart will be 27 before he kicks a ball for them again. I was quite impressed with Jack Clarke from the bits I’ve seen but he’s not exactly a superstar or a kid. Let’s be honest, they’d struggle to hold onto them if a Championship club came knocking, let alone a PL one. So maybe they aren’t that good. I think it’s just their latest delusion to soften the blow about us. 
I get you, re: Kane. Beige is about right. I think he’s a bit of a dirty cunt too and far from being a player I love. But I do think he’s an outstanding and highly effective centre forward. 

• Like 4

As I've said before the effort they had to put in to free ticket themselves up to 48k in the Reid days was phenomenal. For 60k they'd have to bus schoolkids in from the whole of England. I suppose that'll get the nonce community back on board though. 

• Haha 6

Wonder kids :lol: what does that make Isak, Botman, and Gordon? They’re off their fucking rockers the mackems like, they’re mid table in the championship and on about Europe :lol:.

• Haha 3

Their attendance would drop to about 23,000 if they were paying premier league prices and getting soundly beaten every week. 

60,000!? Champions league finals!!! :lol: 

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Howay said:

Wonder kids :lol: what does that make Isak, Botman, and Gordon? They’re off their fucking rockers the mackems like, they’re mid table in the championship and on about Europe :lol:.

Getting sustained oral sex off their parents over many years has clearly caused a severe delusional state.

• Haha 1

:lol: 

The desire to host tournament games is weird too, as a fan why do you give a flying fuck? It all comes back to that weird desire they have to be relevant as a town. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

https://www.cpfc.co.uk/news/club/non-league-day-dulwich-hamlet-athletic-club-bilbao/

Not a mention of our scatalogical chums down the road. 

Odd :lol:

I'd hate for anybody to accuse me of lookism but looking at this photo from the athletic article of the supporters who made the trip to dulwich from northern spain there's seems to be a distinct lack of salma hayek like dusky latina chicks.

maybe sunderland and bilbao do have a link after all?

IMG_3859-1024x768.jpeg.jpg

• Haha 3

12 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

I'd hate for anybody to accuse me of lookism but looking at this photo from the athletic article of the supporters who made the trip to dulwich from northern spain there's seems to be a distinct lack of salma hayek like dusky latina chicks.

maybe sunderland and bilbao do have a link after all?

IMG_3859-1024x768.jpeg.jpg

Salma Hayek Latina GIF by Identity

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

The MLF diplomacy team will be out in force to forge special connections with whoever is playing. Also, I think the idea of a city hosting the Champions League final is that the actual destination itself is a place that’s desirable to visit :lol: 

I think Newcastle has been ruled out before (even for a Europa league final) due to not having enough to tourist accommodation. Even if that’s no longer the case there’s no fucking way that shit hole will meet the criteria 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Howay said:

Tbf to the mackems they do have a great legacy in Europe, having played *checks notes* 0 (ZERO) games in the Premiership era and *checks notes* 4 (FOUR) games in their history. :lol:

• Haha 4

9 minutes ago, Alex said:

I think Newcastle has been ruled out before (even for a Europa league final) due to not having enough to tourist accommodation. Even if that’s no longer the case there’s no fucking way that shit hole will meet the criteria 

can you imagine being a german living in some spotlessly clean, fairytale bavarian town or an Italian from one of the stunning, historic walled cities of tuscany?

then you rock up in sunderland for the champions league final, yer fucking eyes would melt.

• Haha 8

36 minutes ago, Renton said:

Tbf to the mackems they do have a great legacy in Europe, having played *checks notes* 0 (ZERO) games in the Premiership era and *checks notes* 4 (FOUR) games in their history. :lol:

Need to get this knocked up at the arrivals in the airport.....

"For top European football......

Sunderland is not your destination."

• Haha 3

46 minutes ago, Renton said:

The four games is two (two legged) ties all in the same season as well. 

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Alex said:

The four games is two (two legged) ties all in the same season as well. 

I'm wondering though marra, does the fictional game in Auf Wiedersehen Pet count? 

• Haha 6