mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

3 minutes ago, Renton said:

I'm wondering though marra, does the fictional game in Auf Wiedersehen Pet count? 

Nah, that was just a friendly with the stated aim of making new friends, especially if the new friends were once formed by a wandering MLF. 

• Haha 4

Where has this stadium nonsense come from? On what planet would you expand your stadium (which you can’t fill now even with cheap seats) in the vague and unfounded hope of better times ahead? When all the evidence tells you the new seats wont sell and the team isn’t good enough to make the second division play-offs? Wouldn’t you just spend any spare cash on better players?

Is this just because we’re talking about expanding SJP. Or has someone been at the glue again during Field of Dreams?

• Haha 6

Someone "heard" the club were thinking about it then this was expanded on by a notion that the FA were going to pay for it if England get the next euros. 

In other words fantasy island strikes again. 

• Haha 5

Someone 'heard' someone in their head tell them something exciting about Sunderland but was soon interrupted by the other voice which told him it was time to start punishing whores again even if they looked like normal women going about their lives. FTM.

• Haha 10

It sounds like “KLD” and the other clowns don’t have enough money to get the bogs cleaned on a regular basis. And yet they’re going to expand the stadium :lol:

• Haha 5

Tell you what lads it’s no wonder we’re all jealous as fuck of them, imagine getting to dream about adding more seats to the stadium and then covering the shite look of it with some decorative cladding, of course in that dream you still won’t fill the stadium but you’ll get to imagine hosting some early group games in the as yet unscheduled Euros - worldwide acclaim and a legion of MLFs awaits, to couple that they have a squad full of absolute wonder kids who are capable of the dizzying heights of mid table in the Championship, and similar goal returns at a somewhat similar age to Jacob Murphy! (Oh wait that’s the lad they have on loan) Just think what those players will achieve down the road, that’s before even mentioning those wonder kids play football like 2008 Barcelona. 

• Haha 4

4 hours ago, thebrokendoll said:

see you've been making friends over on the dark side again mr cusack!  :lol:

It's fun to rile them up, now and then. 

• Haha 3

18 hours ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

The MLF diplomacy team will be out in force to forge special connections with whoever is playing. Also, I think the idea of a city hosting the Champions League final is that the actual destination itself is a place that’s desirable to visit :lol: 

what you saying like? 

1753869934_Screenshot2023-03-28at12_53_26.thumb.png.41690a6b148a1b46f10a233d8f92ce57.png

• Haha 2

31 minutes ago, The Fish said:

It's fun to rile them up, now and then. 

why are a couple of them so adamant on calling you ian?

actually, forget that. it's  a bit like asking why they shit on their seats or in fountains, there is no logical explanation.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

why are a couple of them so adamant on calling you ian?

actually, forget that. it's  a bit like asking why they shit on their seats or in fountains, there is no logical explanation.

Because there's a video of Ian Cusack arguing with some Tesco worker about cat food. Looks like he's having a tough time in it. So Ready To Go instead of seeing a bloke, clearly having a tough time, they see a target for abuse. Because Cusack is/was prone to lengthy diatribes they think that any other poster that does similar must be him. 

Also it's a straw to grasp as when they're not winning the argument. 

• Haha 2

43 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

what you saying like? 

1753869934_Screenshot2023-03-28at12_53_26.thumb.png.41690a6b148a1b46f10a233d8f92ce57.png

Having the misfortune to have to visit that area on occassion in a previous life, I'm guessing that photo was taken within the last 6 months despite looking like it should be form the early 80's (car aside).

• Haha 4

24 minutes ago, David Kelly said:

Having the misfortune to have to visit that area on occassion in a previous life, I'm guessing that photo was taken within the last 6 months despite looking like it should be form the early 80's (car aside).

I thought it couldn't possibly still look that grim so looked it up on google maps and...

image.thumb.png.68778778e39cd6aba214041625ff99d7.png

• Haha 4

UK Champions League Final Venues in history 

Wembley (old)

Hampden Park (old)

Wembley (new) 

Principality Stadium 

Old Trafford 

Sunderland!???

• Haha 7

38 minutes ago, David Kelly said:

I thought it was a still from 'Chernobyl' or 'Gorky Park'? 

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, Tom said:

UK Champions League Final Venues in history 

Wembley (old)

Hampden Park (old)

Wembley (new) 

Principality Stadium 

Old Trafford 

Sunderland!???

They're either best friends with the other stadiums or built or founded them in the old days so they're hoping they'll put in a good word for them, marra. :good:

• Haha 5

27 minutes ago, ewerk said:

I thought it couldn't possibly still look that grim so looked it up on google maps and...

I did wonder whether the Tall Ships informaiton center in ter earlier photo might have aged it a bit but I've no doubt that it stayed on that site years after it was appropriate.

And for anyone who's not had the pleasure of visiting the bright lights of Sunderland, I know it looks similar to Shields Road or Wallsend High Street but I can confirm this slap bang in the middle of the 'city' centre about 200m from The Bridges.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, David Kelly said:

I'm assuming it was 2018 using Google and looking at the "Tall Ships Information Point". Christ, what a fucking venue for it. It makes Hartlepool like St Tropez and Blyth look like Monaco. :lol:

But anyway. " Aas durnt knaarr whey yers are crituss, critess, seying it looks bad marra. Them tower blocrks and staytion are classic brootalist arcitest, arcita, buildings marra. A bit of cladding an it cood be New York marra". 

Edited by Renton
  • Haha 4

57 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Odds on that barricade is to keep folks away from a monster turd that seat-shitter lad has just laid down.

• Haha 5