mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

59 minutes ago, Renton said:

No, its not in their hands. If Millwall win and Coventry don't lose they're missing out. And of course they need to win too. I'd give them about 30% chance of this happening, then maybe 20% in the play offs (being generous). Which gives them an overall 6% chance of winning the prize of being humped solidly for 9 consecutive months before going back to square one. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Howmanheyman said:

Well now I didn't check but one of the lads I was working with, (NUFC) said it and another, (Mackem), confirmed it. I'm not 100% surprised they've got it wrong and I did say are you sure? :lol:

It’s understandable that the Morlock got it wrong- we all use the decimal system of numbers, and have 10 digits. 
They are using duodecimal, or base 12, according to their extra digits. 

This also explains why they struggle with the age of consent. 

• Haha 4

Quirk of the fixture list that the teams in with a shout of the playoffs are all playing teams in the top half and, Luton aside, against sides with a tiny chance for the playoff spots themselves. Makes the final game of the regular season really interesting.

Mid (74pts 4th) - Cov (69pts 5th)

Mil (68pts 6th) - Bla (66pts 9th)

Pre (63pts 11th) - Sun (66pts 7th)

Swa (63pts 10th) - WBA (66pts 8th)

Middlesbrough are good at home ut they've lost their last 2 games. Also Coventry are unbeaten on the road in the last 8 games. I'd not be surprised to see Coventry win. 72pts

Millwall are strong at home, and Blackburn are terrible on the road, so you'd expect them to win. 71pts

Preston can't get there because of their GD and they're in poor form. Preston are better on the road than they are at Deepdale this season, but they are unbeaten at home in the last 7. Sunderland have been decent on the road. 

I reckon Swansea will beat WBA as well

Season for 3rd - 10th will end;

Lut 82

Mid 74

Cov 72

Mil 71

Sun 69

WBA 66

Swa 66

Bla 66

14 hours ago, The Fish said:

Quirk of the fixture list that the teams in with a shout of the playoffs are all playing teams in the top half and, Luton aside, against sides with a tiny chance for the playoff spots themselves. Makes the final game of the regular season really interesting.

Mid (74pts 4th) - Cov (69pts 5th)

Mil (68pts 6th) - Bla (66pts 9th)

Pre (63pts 11th) - Sun (66pts 7th)

Swa (63pts 10th) - WBA (66pts 8th)

Middlesbrough are good at home ut they've lost their last 2 games. Also Coventry are unbeaten on the road in the last 8 games. I'd not be surprised to see Coventry win. 72pts

Millwall are strong at home, and Blackburn are terrible on the road, so you'd expect them to win. 71pts

Preston can't get there because of their GD and they're in poor form. Preston are better on the road than they are at Deepdale this season, but they are unbeaten at home in the last 7. Sunderland have been decent on the road. 

I reckon Swansea will beat WBA as well

Season for 3rd - 10th will end;

Lut 82

Mid 74

Cov 72

Mil 71

Sun 69

WBA 66

Swa 66

Bla 66

unimpressed morgan freeman GIF

• Haha 8

I actually literally have had nightmares of the Blue Monkey. Never even been there, but seeing the photos and knowing Gemmill used to frequent it was enough. 

• Haha 4

A bit like how Tom was saying that even their dreams are shit - when they live vicariously it’s with a team that’s only out the bottom 3 by virtue of superior goal difference and onto their 4th manager in about a year 

Edited by Alex
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, PaddockLad said:

That’s err “Big Frank Chippa”…. He’s a  bit of a spoof merchant :lol: 

:lol: fair enough. 

• Haha 2

I swear to God the mackem's are mental. They have a whole thread on who is better, "Mogga" or "Big Sam" (I digress, but remember the fewm it caused the mackems when we referred to Rafa Benitez by his first name? Anyway....).

I mean although he doesn't inspiure me a bit, it does strike me as If Tony Mowbray is a modest, honest kind of guy and I quite like him. Allerdyce on the other hand is simply grotesque, physically and personality wise, and beyonf deluded. But they still fucking LOVE him on that board and are mourning he left them. Here's an example.

image.png.0f877aefe727fbd153f7f1a58733bb14.png

No, you're right Hank. It would have happened under Sam Allerdyce instead. 

• Like 1