mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

37 minutes ago, Renton said:

So apparrently it's the 40th anniversary of the film "Local Hero". I have't seen it for years so must get round to watching it again if I can find it. 

Anyway, one mackem starts an innocent thread on it. Can you guess how long it takes to descend into pure fewm about us using the eponymous Knopfler song at SJP, he was Scottish not a Geordie, anyway Blyth's not in Newcastle, neither was Gosforth before 1974, more added fewm about Sam Fender, and then veering off to tirades about "Washy Mags"?

First reply. I now I shouldn't but they're just so damn funny. :lol:

image.png.e941835f136e0243d499a755713ffd80.png

I watched it with my daughter quite recently. Stood up pretty well

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Renton said:

So apparrently it's the 40th anniversary of the film "Local Hero". I have't seen it for years so must get round to watching it again if I can find it. 

Anyway, one mackem starts an innocent thread on it. Can you guess how long it takes to descend into pure fewm about us using the eponymous Knopfler song at SJP, he was Scottish not a Geordie, anyway Blyth's not in Newcastle, neither was Gosforth before 1974, more added fewm about Sam Fender, and then veering off to tirades about "Washy Mags"?

First reply. I now I shouldn't but they're just so damn funny. :lol:

image.png.e941835f136e0243d499a755713ffd80.png

There was a one a few weeks back about Ally McCoist who’d been saying nice things about them. Still having a soft spot for them.m etc. After some appreciative comments it quickly descended into him loving the Mags and how he was a traitor for having his testimonial against us :lol: 

• Haha 5

6 minutes ago, Alex said:

There was a one a few weeks back about Ally McCoist who’d been saying nice things about them. Still having a soft spot for them.m etc. After some appreciative comments it quickly descended into him loving the Mags and how he was a traitor for having his testimonial against us :lol: 

Must have been the only way he could get a crowd in wedding season. Us or Bilbao I suppose. 

• Haha 6

10 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Good to here the old knees are still working. :whistle:

A bit cheeky and possibly hypocritical.

Spongebob takes offence and squares up to MF.

354407577_oldmen.gif.aba48fe124c2683e37c3037a0ae0ae3f.gif

Edited by Renton
  • Haha 4

At least their manager is a decent bloke, even with the play off semi final coming up he helped out a local theatre company by sending a few of the squad along to play extras in a play about Vikings. When Mowbray asked the director how they got on the reply he got was 'They were ok at the pillaging and raping but were fucking shite at Luton.' :good:

Edited by Howmanheyman
  • Haha 10

1 minute ago, Howmanheyman said:

At least their manager is a decent bloke, even with the play off semi final coming up he helped out a local theatre company by sending a few of the squad along to play extras in a play about Vikings. When Mowbray asked the director how they got on the reply he got was 'They were ok at the pillaging and raping but we're fucking shite at Luton.' :good:

image.gif.915f6f29c68f51af5cd81521734f34b8.gif

• Haha 8

39 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

At least their manager is a decent bloke, even with the play off semi final coming up he helped out a local theatre company by sending a few of the squad along to play extras in a play about Vikings. When Mowbray asked the director how they got on the reply he got was 'They were ok at the pillaging and raping but were fucking shite at Luton.' :good:

Disbelief Reaction GIF

• Haha 4

47 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

Sending Off Red Card GIF by Football Australia

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, Tom said:

I’d love to see yesterdays match thread :lol: 

The usual, very funny. 

At 1-0, 2-0 the match has been fixed, Di Zerbi has been bribed or threatened with a bone saw, the OG was 100% evidence of this, etc. 

At 2-1 with Brighton looking in the ascendency (tbh they didn't really, but you know what I mean), it's LMAO, Mags aren't qualifying for the CL, Brighton are a class above, etc.

At 3-1 onwards, the match has been fixed, Di Zerbi has been bribed or threatened with a bone saw, the OG was 100% evidence of this. 

To be clear, a sizable proportion of the SMB really believe Brighton were told to throw the match and complied with this. They are fucking tapped. 

• Haha 8

57 minutes ago, Renton said:

The usual, very funny. 

At 1-0, 2-0 the match has been fixed, Di Zerbi has been bribed or threatened with a bone saw, the OG was 100% evidence of this, etc. 

At 2-1 with Brighton looking in the ascendency (tbh they didn't really, but you know what I mean), it's LMAO, Mags aren't qualifying for the CL, Brighton are a class above, etc.

At 3-1 onwards, the match has been fixed, Di Zerbi has been bribed or threatened with a bone saw, the OG was 100% evidence of this. 

To be clear, a sizable proportion of the SMB really believe Brighton were told to throw the match and complied with this. They are fucking tapped. 

I saw a bit in there where someone was arguing that our second goal was an example of the ref being bribed. Not for giving the free kick itself. But because the ref added on time we had wasted and because he booked Schar but didn’t give a free kick. I mean, that’s just not understanding the laws of the game :lol: time gets added on regardless of which side is doing the time wasting. And of course the ball wasn’t in play, awaiting our free kick so the ref couldn’t award them one. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Howmanheyman said:

laugh-funny.gif

• Haha 4