mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

:lol: A draw and a loss to a mid table PL side in a pair of one off games where Fulham rested half their team and they think they’d be able to compete in this division? Total delusion, I love how much this will be eating at them and it’s even better that they’re complete and utter shite. 

• Haha 5

Just now, Howay said:

:lol: A draw and a loss to a mid table PL side in a pair of one off games where Fulham rested half their team and they think they’d be able to compete in this division? Total delusion, I love how much this will be eating at them and it’s even better that they’re complete and utter shite. 

They will never manage to get to even this. This is the lowest bar for our measure of success, and even if it never goes beyond this, Sunderland will never manage to even equal where we are.

Their insignificance is forever.

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

5 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

They will never manage to get to even this. This is the lowest bar for our measure of success, and even if it never goes beyond this, Sunderland will never manage to even equal where we are.

I love it when you come out with the drunk dirty talk. 

• Haha 7

4 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

:lol: Spot on, they last finished 4th in the top tier in the 1954-55 season, or 3rd in 1949-50. They’ll never achieve what we’ve managed this season in my lifetime and as you say we’re moving up from here, they’re an absolute non entity of a football club. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Howay said:

:lol: Spot on, they last finished 4th in the top tier in the 1954-55 season, or 3rd in 1949-50. They’ll never achieve what we’ve managed this season in my lifetime and as you say we’re moving up from here, they’re an absolute non entity of a football club. 

Ah but it doesn’t count because…..oh never mind

• Haha 6

13 hours ago, SpartaFC said:

I was at Wembley yesterday. First thing I saw opposite the Gateshead end was an England/sunderland flag with FTM on it. 

At least one of them got to Wembley this year.

• Haha 6

:lol:

fuck me, there's some tortured souls over in the dark place!

they've had weeks to come to terms with us likely to qualify for the CL, but no, last night has properly tipped the slobbering masses overboard. they've got threads on flag displays, keith downie, alan shearer, their mods are struggling to parsnip stuff quick enough or merge them all in to the sportswahing thread.

thankfully their voice of reason, sofatester, whose only rival to having his life totally consumed by nufc is the certified lunatic exile1968, popped up within half an hour of our match finishing, in our thread, to tell them all they shouldn't be bothered about us!

they don't appear to be taking his advice!

1010923815_Screenshot_20230523_092026_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.a78880687cbbe64ddade4e62f43e4372.jpg

Edited by thebrokendoll
  • Haha 6

36 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

fuck me, there's some tortured souls over in the dark place!

they've had weeks to come to terms with us likely to qualify for the CL, but no, last night has properly tipped the slobbering masses overboard. they've got threads on flag displays, keith downie, alan shearer, their mods are struggling to parsnip stuff quick enough or merge them all in to the sportswahing thread.

thankfully their voice of reason, sofatester, whose only rival to having his life totally consumed by nufc is the certified lunatic exile1968, popped up within half an hour of our match finishing, in our thread, to tell them all they shouldn't be bothered about us!

they don't appear to be taking his advice!

1010923815_Screenshot_20230523_092026_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.a78880687cbbe64ddade4e62f43e4372.jpg

"I could go on on a daily basis" :lol:

They do it on a minute by minute basis the sad twats. 

• Haha 5

for all the twats who bang on about oil money, the way howe has got a tune about out joelinton, miggy, murphy et al is the most amazing thing about our transformation 

• Like 7

I hope we don't depart from the transfer strategy we have used so far: young, hungry players complimented by a couple of experienced pros. Crucially, they have to be the right characters who will play the way Howe demands. No bloated egos, or players past their best after a final pay day. 

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

I hope we don't depart from the transfer strategy we have used so far: young, hungry players complimented by a couple of experienced pros. Crucially, they have to be the right characters who will play the way Howe demands. No bloated egos, or players past their best after a final pay day. 

If for some reason, Mbappe and Neymar were available to us. Would you turn them down?  (Ignoring FFP for a moment)

29 minutes ago, LongTimeAdmirer said:

If for some reason, Mbappe and Neymar were available to us. Would you turn them down?  (Ignoring FFP for a moment)

Yeah, our strength lies in working as a collective and not individual brilliance. Both of those players are amazing, but they'd both fall foul of the "No Dickheads" rule. 

• Like 1

There’s a big piece on ITV local news not just about the CL Qualification but also the boost (economic and otherwise) to the wider region. Blue touch paper lit 

• Haha 6

they appear to have made their parsnip section even more private.

the account I registered (but never actually posted with) just so I could have a nose and a chuckle at their expense now won't let me look on there. the unsociable twats!

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, LongTimeAdmirer said:

I don’t think I’d say yes to Neymar even if we were an established top club challenging for the title every year. 

Ideally, in 4-5 years time we’ll be able to attract someone as good as mbappe. Just as City managed to lure Haaland. But absolutely not at this stage of the journey.  

• Like 1