mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

9 hours ago, Renton said:

"I could go on on a daily basis" :lol:

They do it on a minute by minute basis the sad twats. 

And still they struggle to highlight actual ones, I agree the Saudi government are vile but if the mackems were as arsed about it as they go on they’d be able to come up with some actual examples rather than “killing babies” and other sweeping comments, it’s almost like they don’t actually give a flying fuck and are willing to trivialize human rights issues in the name of point scoring all tied up and delivered in a racist manner. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, LongTimeAdmirer said:

If for some reason, Mbappe and Neymar were available to us. Would you turn them down?  (Ignoring FFP for a moment)

But ... wouldn't one of them play on the left wing?

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Howay said:

:lol: 

The Durham Cricket song :lol: I’m not sure how long it’s been associated with DCCC but they’ve only been a first class county since 1992. Their patter in general and attempted gotchas are fucking shite. 

• Haha 2

51 minutes ago, Alex said:

The Durham Cricket song :lol: I’m not sure how long it’s been associated with DCCC but they’ve only been a first class county since 1992. Their patter in general and attempted gotchas are fucking shite. 

As you know, you see them genuinely arguing that Blaydon was in County Durham, so it's a mackem song. Apart from being utterly pathetic, it ignores the fact the whole song is about people travelling there from Newcastle. Same with the Sage and Baltic, accroding to them they are more closely allied to Sunderland because they are on the South banks of the tyne and therefore "part of Durham". . 

It actually always struck me as a bit daft Gateshead is treated as a seperate entity to Newcastle anyway. Lots of cities are divided North/South by large rivers and are the same city - London, Glasgow, even Sunderland spring to mind. Only Liverpool Birkenhead is similar, but the Mersey is about 2 miles wide there and only traversed by tunnel. Newcastle's population has accordingly been regarded as artifically low, which is important for national and international recognition, if not funding formulas. Same as the artifical North Tyneside Newcastle split. Anyway, I digress, but the moniker sad mackem bastards is well earned by that pathetic tweet again. 

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, Renton said:

It actually always struck me as a bit daft Gateshead is treated as a seperate entity to Newcastle anyway. Lots of cities are divided North/South by large rivers and are the same city - London, Glasgow, even Sunderland spring to mind. Only Liverpool Birkenhead is similar, but the Mersey is about 2 miles wide there and only traversed by tunnel. Newcastle's population has accordingly been regarded as artifically low, which is important for national and international recognition, if not funding formulas. Same as the artifical North Tyneside Newcastle split. Anyway, I digress.....

:lol: Worse than the train craic this.

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Alex said:

Also, Blaydon (like Gateshead) is almost exclusively black and white anyway. 

A glory much of the North East can look forward to.

15 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

I don't know how an amateur geography teacher such as yourself has mistaken me as coming from Boldon.

Thought I was a hospital porter? Alright, South Shields, whatever, floating distance from the Blue Monkey. You've done well for yourself and have graduated to the Great Park I think, which is Newcastle proper (unless you're a mackem in which case its Northumberland), but you can't shake your roots which you share with CT. 

• Haha 5

Great Park was pre-divorce. :lol:

Wideopen now. Which is classed as North Tyneside but you better fucking believe I use the Brunswick (Newcastle) tip. Am I fuck driving all the way to the Tyne Tunnel one which is what I'm meant to do.

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, Renton said:

Great Park, which is Newcastle proper (unless you're a mackem in which case its Northumberland)

Too right. The western extension of Great Park basically meets the airport runway which means it's in PONTELAND, marra.

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Wideopen now. Which is classed as North Tyneside but you better fucking believe I use the Brunswick (Newcastle) tip. Am I fuck driving all the way to the Tyne Tunnel one which is what I'm meant to do.

Reported. 

• Haha 6

50 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Wideopen now. 

Is that why you broke up?

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, Sonatine said:

Stay-classy GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Surely this is from the van parked outside?

Mind, I remember going to SJP once aound 2009 where I was helping host a fairly large workshop with some senior NHS staff - GP partners, consultants, industry reps and above. Came to lunch and it was "build your own sandwich" which was baguettes sliced along ways with fillings like grated cheese you had to add yourself, and an unlimited supply of chips. The chips were good tbf. Anyway, the snobby doctors weren't too impressed and I was asked to enquire was this really a £25 per head lunch, to which the response from the catering manager was, yes, it was  the "credit crunch lunch".

Fanks Mike.

• Haha 7

28 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

aD was less than xD. 

Less of a Dick than expected?

Gotta be the only time anyone's suggested that with regards to Gemmil.

2 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Less of a Dick than expected?

Gotta be the only time anyone's suggested that with regards to Gemmil.

No, he HAD less of a dick than the ex-wife expected. #chinesemouse

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Renton said:

Surely this is from the van parked outside?

Mind, I remember going to SJP once aound 2009 where I was helping host a fairly large workshop with some senior NHS staff - GP partners, consultants, industry reps and above. Came to lunch and it was "build your own sandwich" which was baguettes sliced along ways with fillings like grated cheese you had to add yourself, and an unlimited supply of chips. The chips were good tbf. Anyway, the snobby doctors weren't too impressed and I was asked to enquire was this really a £25 per head lunch, to which the response from the catering manager was, yes, it was  the "credit crunch lunch".

Fanks Mike.

That story about the chef at SJP in the Ashley years who resorted to cutting old desks up because Charnley wouldn’t sanction him buying some new cheese boards :lol: 

• Haha 3