mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

Just now, Gemmill said:

I stand with the mackems on this one. I'm gonna watch John Wick to try and take my mind off it.

Some of them are claiming it's a conspiracy mind :lol: Not sure you want to stand too close.

• Haha 1

Just now, Rayvin said:

Some of them are claiming it's a conspiracy mind :lol: Not sure you want to stand too close.

Wait til you watch Jerry Mina attempting to non-consensually breastfeed off Solanke on MOTD. Should have been off with 15 to go. I don't even think he got booked.

• Haha 4

4 minutes ago, NJS said:

Thread 'MOTD Goal of the season' https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/motd-goal-of-the-season.1608450/

Barca of the north scored ten better goals than goal of the season contenders... 

I thought you were exaggerating, but third comment did in fact claim that they have scored 10 better. I know that you would never have known that I had doubted you, but I feel the need to apologise. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, GrahamTaylor5 said:

I thought you were exaggerating, but third comment did in fact claim that they have scored 10 better. I know that you would never have known that I had doubted you, but I feel the need to apologise. 

No worries - in fact lower down it becomes apparent that just Diallo scored ten better.. 

• Haha 3

MLFs score better goals on a Sunday morning down the park than any motd contenders, they're even better goals if it's a mag team they're playing. They're truly awesome all round. :good:

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, ohhh_yeah said:

Bellingham set to sign for Sunderland.   :biggrin:

* tears of pride *

On the river where the litter used to float….

• Haha 3

21 minutes ago, Alex said:

The local press are on to it now:

https://www.sunderlandecho.com/news/opinion/why-sunderland-should-rejoin-county-durham-4146591
I read it twice in case I’d missed something but no, that’s it :lol: 

Bizarre article, brings Bolton into it, said there might be reasons why it's better for them to remain in greater Manchester but says he couldn't be arsed to look into it. :lol: Sums them up, especially with Brexit.

• Haha 4

The second division aristocrats, the Barcelona of the EFL know the real deal when they see it, their players, yes, our second player to get a call up to the actual Brazil squad, not so much. :lol:

• Haha 3

It would be funny enough anyway but they absolutely love vastly inferior players like Cattermole and Kevin Ball. The latter would’ve probably needed a Vanuatuan grandparent to get an international call-up. 

• Haha 6

29 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

Bizarre article, brings Bolton into it, said there might be reasons why it's better for them to remain in greater Manchester but says he couldn't be arsed to look into it. :lol: Sums them up, especially with Brexit.

I mean it should be a satirical article but the Tyne and Wear doesn’t exist crack is exactly the sort of thing they regularly go on about. 

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Alex said:

The local press are on to it now:

https://www.sunderlandecho.com/news/opinion/why-sunderland-should-rejoin-county-durham-4146591
I read it twice in case I’d missed something but no, that’s it :lol: 

tremendous article that.

think if tony gillian ever went transatlantic he'd be a shoe-in for a pulitzer prize.

• Haha 7

9 minutes ago, Alex said:

I mean it should be a satirical article but the Tyne and Wear doesn’t exist crack is exactly the sort of thing they regularly go on about. 

Of course Tyne and Wear exists. We had to get them to pay for the airport and the mag-etro after all. :cuppa:

• Haha 7

Comparing themselves to  barca has striking similarities 

barca average attendance 83 k

marras 25k

barca never played 2nd or 3rd tier 

marras have

barca play in the champions league 3427 games in Europe competitions 

marras 2

Marras rowed a boat to the Basque Country 

barca didn’t 

• Haha 7

39 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

Of course Tyne and Wear exists. We had to get them to pay for the airport and the mag-etro after all. :cuppa:

Their desire to rewrite history etc., man. I don’t know if you’ve seen all that Durham thread but they make a few references to The Battle of Boldon Hill. I’m not sure but I’d bet the Wikipedia page (which it definitely doesn’t warrant) was created by a Mackem. Almost all the citations come from one source. It was basically a minor skirmish in the English Civil War. It was part of a much wider series of battles etc between the Royalists based in Newcastle and the Scots. The Scots were allied to the Parliamentarians in convenient ‘the enemy of my enemy is my friend’ arrangement. The Scots wanted religious autonomy following the Act of Union and there’d been a war even before the English Civil War over it. I did that period in a-level history and we had a local historian who came in and told us all about the Battle of Marston Moor and the Siege of Newcastle and so on (no mention of Boldon Hill btw). The Scots being victorious in the siege was significant because Newcastle was a crucial coal port (as well as it diverting Royalist soldiers from fighting the Parliamentarians). The mackems have interwoven their supporting the Scots in this skirmish at Boldon Hill, despite there not being much evidence of any Parliamentarian forces in Sunderland at that time. Possibly because Sunderland barely existed. But the Scots did garrison in the area that is now Sunderland. Anyway, and I apologise for the waffle, this (possibly fictitious) mackem involvement (in an insignificant event in the context of that conflict) is what forms the entire basis of this ‘the Sunderland v Newcastle rivalry goes back to the English Civil War’ bollocks 

Edited by Alex
  • Like 4

15 minutes ago, Alex said:

Their desire to rewrite history etc., man. I don’t know if you’ve seen all that Durham thread but they make a few references to The Battle of Boldon Hill. I’m not sure but I’d bet the Wikipedia page (which it definitely doesn’t warrant) was created by a Mackem. Almost all the citations come from one source. It was basically a minor skirmish in the English Civil War. It was part of a much wider series of battles etc between the Royalists based in Newcastle and the Scots. The Scots were allied to the Parliamentarians in convenient ‘the enemy of my enemy is my friend’ arrangement. The Scots wanted religious autonomy following the Act of Union and there’d been a war even before the English Civil War over it. I did that period in a-level history and we had a local historian who came in and told us all about the Battle of Marston Moor and the Siege of Newcastle and so on (no mention of Boldon Hill btw). The Scots being victorious in the siege was significant because Newcastle was a crucial coal port (as well as it diverting Royalist soldiers from fighting the Parliamentarians). The mackems have interwoven their supporting the Scots in this skirmish at Boldon Hill, despite there not being much evidence of any Parliamentarian forces in Sunderland at that time. Possibly because Sunderland barely existed. But the Scots did garrison in the area that is now Sunderland. Anyway, and I apologise for the waffle, this (possibly fictitious) mackem involvement (in an insignificant event in the context of that conflict) is what forms the entire basis of this ‘the Sunderland v Newcastle rivalry goes back to the English Civil War’ bollocks 

Did you fail your history A level? I only aak because the civil war was 1642-1649 and the act of union was 1707

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

Did you fail your history A level? I only aak because the civil war was 1642-1649 and the act of union was 1707

I was getting mixed up, I meant the 1603 Union of the Crowns. And I got a B ;) 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

Did you fail English?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Alex said:

It would be funny enough anyway but they absolutely love vastly inferior players like Cattermole and Kevin Ball. The latter would’ve probably needed a Vanuatuan grandparent to get an international call-up. 

His grandad was a bit of a diver apparently 

image.jpeg.c39863e6d72d3f0721da13b0700e1bb5.jpeg

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

You’re just saying that in a vain attempt to get me to read your posts.

You hang on my every words, sunshine.