mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

2 hours ago, Alex said:

Their desire to rewrite history etc., man. I don’t know if you’ve seen all that Durham thread but they make a few references to The Battle of Boldon Hill. I’m not sure but I’d bet the Wikipedia page (which it definitely doesn’t warrant) was created by a Mackem. Almost all the citations come from one source. It was basically a minor skirmish in the English Civil War. It was part of a much wider series of battles etc between the Royalists based in Newcastle and the Scots. The Scots were allied to the Parliamentarians in convenient ‘the enemy of my enemy is my friend’ arrangement. The Scots wanted religious autonomy following the Act of Union and there’d been a war even before the English Civil War over it. I did that period in a-level history and we had a local historian who came in and told us all about the Battle of Marston Moor and the Siege of Newcastle and so on (no mention of Boldon Hill btw). The Scots being victorious in the siege was significant because Newcastle was a crucial coal port (as well as it diverting Royalist soldiers from fighting the Parliamentarians). The mackems have interwoven their supporting the Scots in this skirmish at Boldon Hill, despite there not being much evidence of any Parliamentarian forces in Sunderland at that time. Possibly because Sunderland barely existed. But the Scots did garrison in the area that is now Sunderland. Anyway, and I apologise for the waffle, this (possibly fictitious) mackem involvement (in an insignificant event in the context of that conflict) is what forms the entire basis of this ‘the Sunderland v Newcastle rivalry goes back to the English Civil War’ bollocks 

I checked on that chat GPT about this as I had not heard of the Battle of Boldon Hill. This is what I got: I couldn't find any information about a battle specifically called the Battle of Boldon Hill during the English Civil War. It's possible that the name is either incorrect or refers to a smaller skirmish or engagement that may not be widely recorded or known.

• Haha 4

So its not Sunderland's top 4 EPL rivals gunning for their star player? Just mid table, relegation fodder looking to bolster their reserves? Magedia conspiracy all over it 

1 hour ago, Rayvin said:

:lol: The great thing about that is, the mackems absolutely will not be able to accept losing him to those clubs.

Why? You'd think they'd be yewsed to losing their absolute, beloved favourite evah star strikers to Palace. Pretty sure Gabbiadini and Sewpa Kev left them for selhurst park. 

6 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Will they live vicariously through this one’s mild successes as well?

I thought this too :lol: 

"Dunno what the mags are talking about marra, there's mackems in the PL"

"Gerrin, that goal against the mags went in off Clarke's arse, 7 in a row that"

"Always loved Palace me, proper club. They love us down there an all"

• Haha 5

9 hours ago, RobinRobin said:

Has anyone asked County Durham whether they want them? 🙂 

The SR postcode will be consigned to the litter bin of municipal history and Washington can be free once more

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Rayvin said:

:lol: The great thing about that is, the mackems absolutely will not be able to accept losing him to those clubs.

He'd be mad to leave the project at Sunderland when they're at the doorsteps of returning to their former glory. Especially if it's to go to one of those nothing clubs, in particular Brentford who stole their strip without the necessary reciprocal BFF agreement in place.

• Haha 8

Most of Co Durham hate the mackem bastards unfortunately for the marra an endangered  species…..you’re fucking toast, ya got the upper tiers closed ya dozy cunts,ya got big tony from the tees as a gaffa most of Washington fucking hate sunlun….get ta fuck ya morons.

• Haha 2

Aye, the reason why they have such a problem with ‘Washy mags’ and ‘East Durham mags’ is because they know there’s fucking loads of them 

• Haha 1

I told you lot that should be a parody site. Also unsure how well it fits in with their stated editorial aim of “promoting the city’s image and profile on the world stage.” Unless they’re agent provocateurs installed by the magedia

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Mackem fewm about the forthcoming Sam Fender concerts is starting. Over 100 posts of fewm after the thread started this morning, still with a week to go. Will it make a thousand posts by then? This MLF is getting upset about a picture intended for a toilet wall. 

image.png.94f39e92767058ef96654bddc6f1b1f4.png

• Haha 3