mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

5 minutes ago, Renton said:

Mackem fewm about the forthcoming Sam Fender concerts is starting. Over 100 posts of fewm after the thread started this morning, still with a week to go. Will it make a thousand posts by then? This MLF is getting upset about a picture intended for a toilet wall. 

image.png.94f39e92767058ef96654bddc6f1b1f4.png

:lol:

Again, if our stadium is lopsided what is theirs? (And that's before everything else). :lol: 

DERANGED.

Pretty much all of them expecting play offs at the very least. 

They may have forgotten that Leicester, Southampton and Leeds have been relegated, plus the teams who didn't go up through the play offs, plus the fact they only sneaked into the play off spots ahead of Blackburn thanks to goal difference.

Betfair has them 10th favourite for the title at 20/1. 

For comparison we're second favourite for the 23/24 Premier League title at 15/2 and I don't think any of us is entertaining that dream.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Pretty much all of them expecting play offs at the very least. 

They may have forgotten that Leicester, Southampton and Leeds have been relegated, plus the teams who didn't go up through the play offs, plus the fact they only sneaked into the play off spots ahead of Blackburn thanks to goal difference.

Betfair has them 10th favourite for the title at 20/1. 

For comparison we're second favourite for the 23/24 Premier League title at 15/2 and I don't think any of us is entertaining that dream.

We came 4th. Okay, we have the steepest upward trajectory but I can't see why we would be second favourites and those odds are ridiculously short imo. 

As for the mackems, well. They are losing their best two players for starters. And as you say, they seem to ignore everybody else in the league. Mowbray traditionally has difficult second seasons where he is sacked. Mackem home form has been shit for decades. We'll see, but again I think 20-1 is way too short. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Renton said:

We came 4th. Okay, we have the steepest upward trajectory but I can't see why we would be second favourites and those odds are ridiculously short imo. 

As for the mackems, well. They are losing their best two players for starters. And as you say, they seem to ignore everybody else in the league. Mowbray traditionally has difficult second seasons where he is sacked. Mackem home form has been shit for decades. We'll see, but again I think 20-1 is way too short. 

On oddschecker we're 5th favourite for the title but still only 16/1. Oddschecker has the mackems at 20/1 for the Championship title. 10th favourite for promotion, at 7/1

As an aside Everton are 6th favourites for the drop at 4/1.

Edited by The Fish

1 hour ago, The Fish said:

64423-large.jpeg

On oddschecker we're 5th favourite for the title but still only 16/1. Oddschecker has the mackems at 20/1 for the Championship title. 10th favourite for promotion, at 7/1

As an aside Everton are 6th favourites for the drop at 4/1.

Alreet, John. :good:

• Haha 2

31 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

Alreet, John. :good:

Right, I've been on here for literally decades and I've been abused, insulted, mocked and derided throughout. I've taken it all in my stride, but this, this shit is a step too far.

I will fucking Flounce. A flounce the likes of which you have never seen. 

• Haha 4

11 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Please, can we have a week off this topic? 
Gemmill is a broken man. 

No. Death of a thousands cuts. 

• Haha 2

48 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Please, can we have a week off this topic? 
Gemmill is a broken man. 

I think of him as WRONGemmill these days

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Renton said:

Mackem fewm about the forthcoming Sam Fender concerts is starting. Over 100 posts of fewm after the thread started this morning, still with a week to go. Will it make a thousand posts by then? This MLF is getting upset about a picture intended for a toilet wall. 

image.png.94f39e92767058ef96654bddc6f1b1f4.png

Well they find the idea of toilets offensive anyway so it’s inevitable the notion of a Geordie one will tip them over the edge. 

Edited by Alex
  • Haha 7

12 hours ago, The Fish said:

Right, I've been on here for literally decades and I've been abused, insulted, mocked and derided throughout. I've taken it all in my stride, but this, this shit is a step too far.

I will fucking Flounce. A flounce the likes of which you have never seen. 

Fish one minute 

Angry Over It GIF by GritTV

Then 

Kamala Harris Politics GIF by The Democrats

• Haha 2