mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

11 hours ago, Howay said:

"Admittedly at a lower level". Most in the third tier in fact, none in the top tier. It literally beggars belief how these mackems don't understand the absolute basics of the football pyramid. :lol:

• Haha 4

The irony is Dan Neil would have to leave Sunderland for that to be right (not that I think the mackem has any chance of being proven correct). 

• Haha 4

30 minutes ago, Renton said:

"Admittedly at a lower level". Most in the third tier in fact, none in the top tier. It literally beggars belief how these mackems don't understand the absolute basics of the football pyramid. :lol:

:lol: They also both played in League One at a similar age (Longstaff was 19 iirc), Longaz managed 12 goals & assists (8 goals) to Neil’s 10 (3 goals). He’d also managed about 32 PL appearances by Neil’s age. It’s of course possible Neil is actually a talent, I’ve never seen him play, but the fact mackems tend to compare every single one of their players favorably to ours makes me think he’s not actually better. As you say though it’s just fucking mental how they act like the PL and league one is in any way comparable, despite having visible evidence this season when their Barcelona style side had to play counter attacking defensive football to a fairly bog standard, newly promoted side. 

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, Alex said:

The irony is Dan Neil would have to leave Sunderland for that to be right (not that I think the mackem has any chance of being proven correct). 

No clue where he's from but of course if he is one of their own and leaves they can live vicariously off the cunt for years like the Jordans. 

• Haha 3

A quick browse and I assumed from the title this would be from some crappy Sports news website or something, but no, it's the mackem's proclaiming themselves as the most passionate fans and for the most part the lower league fodder they've been forced to play filling in several places in the top 10. I mean, this list does seem to be a bit arbitrary to me and prone to bias perhaps :lol:.

If we want to be objective, it would be interesting to compare and contrast home and away form. Pretty sure Sunderland's home form is toxic, with the stadium half empty, litter literally blowing around the pitch, regular fights amonst themselves, people leaving early and other people chastising people for leaving early, absolute shite flammable flag displays, shitting in pink seats etc. Not sure they should be number one tbh. 

image.png.37d0160d79894108bead6002073f2f07.png

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, NJS said:

No clue where he's from but of course if he is one of their own and leaves they can live vicariously off the cunt for years like the Jordans. 

He's one of yours, South SHields apparently.

Incidentally, I also read they have a mackem Sam Fender who is much more better than Sam Fender, but I forget his name. 

• Haha 3

21 minutes ago, Renton said:

He's one of yours, South SHields apparently.

Incidentally, I also read they have a mackem Sam Fender who is much more better than Sam Fender, but I forget his name. 

Sayum Feyendeyer

• Haha 6

There's an awful lot of fewm on the SMB recently despite it being off season. Main thread is going strong, with the usual suspects constantly repeating themselves and taking the moral high ground whilst calling Saudis camel humpers and fetishising paedophilia and execution. Bear Beats seems to think sexuality is a choice in this post which is telling I think. What a daftie. 

Screenshot_20230607_205824_Chrome.thumb.jpg.47119df9084b0d243a65bcc44d4dfc17.jpg

Edited by Renton
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Renton said:

A quick browse and I assumed from the title this would be from some crappy Sports news website or something, but no, it's the mackem's proclaiming themselves as the most passionate fans and for the most part the lower league fodder they've been forced to play filling in several places in the top 10. I mean, this list does seem to be a bit arbitrary to me and prone to bias perhaps :lol:.

If we want to be objective, it would be interesting to compare and contrast home and away form. Pretty sure Sunderland's home form is toxic, with the stadium half empty, litter literally blowing around the pitch, regular fights amonst themselves, people leaving early and other people chastising people for leaving early, absolute shite flammable flag displays, shitting in pink seats etc. Not sure they should be number one tbh. 

image.png.37d0160d79894108bead6002073f2f07.png

It's such a subjective and arbitrary idea that it's pointless to debate it. Nice to see they won something this season though.

• Haha 4

11 hours ago, Renton said:

There's an awful lot of fewm on the SMB recently despite it being off season. Main thread is going strong, with the usual suspects constantly repeating themselves and taking the moral high ground whilst calling Saudis camel humpers and fetishising paedophilia and execution. Bear Beats seems to think sexuality is a choice in this post which is telling I think. What a daftie. 

Screenshot_20230607_205824_Chrome.thumb.jpg.47119df9084b0d243a65bcc44d4dfc17.jpg

:lol: pretending to be arsed about those things because of football makes him a paragon of virtue of course. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

it should be a rule that that you can't write the word alabama without hoying up a picture of patricia.....

patricia-arquette-true-romance.thumb.jpg.9693376afa0c7bb1da9db3c9385f31f1.jpg

The lovely Alabama has her lovely arse near the fender ironically. 

• Haha 3

They’re still at it with the Atletic Bilbao (and Madrid) nonsense. :lol:

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/the-uncovered-curious-link-between-sunderland-afc-athletic-club-bilbao-atlético-de-madrid.1608918/

IMG_0276.thumb.jpeg.55116812fd935edc9b82526bc348c0ab.jpeg

I’ll save you all the bother of clicking on, reading, and spitting your current beverage over the links provided by saying that their “historian” has written a date and name heavy bit, which just states that the shirts came from sunderland- no sources provided, no proof, nowt. :lol:

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/the-uncovered-curious-link-between-sunderland-afc-athletic-club-bilbao-atlético-de-madrid.1608918/

I’ll save you all the bother of clicking on, reading, and spitting your current beverage over the links provided by saying that their “historian” has written a date and name heavy bit, which just states that the shirts came from sunderland- no sources provided, no proof, nowt. :lol:

Ha'way marra, stop being selective in your posts. The follow up post conclusively shows Athletico Madrid was founded by a MLF. A proper kit historian has said so. FTM.

image.png.3a27128e419e897f1b469ebe5de0573b.png

• Haha 3

It’s pretty extraordinary that grown men have devoted so much time, with such risible results, to something they could have settled by going outside and asking a passing fan 

“ Do you care?”

7on9jn.gif

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

It’s pretty extraordinary that grown men have devoted so much time, with such risible results, to something they could have settled by going outside and asking a passing fan 

“ Do you care?”

7on9jn.gif

Or that the title of "kit historian" can be procured through the ability to say "this stripey shirt look like that stripey shirt!"

• Haha 4

45 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

"Our branch" :lol: :lol:  Two men and a dog, and the dog's not there by choice

• Haha 4

8 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

As with a lot of things with them, someone needs to make an intervention for their own sakes.

let it go GIF

Any particular reason this song is on your mind (and wall) just now? 
:lol:

• Haha 1