mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

:D

The absolute shite some of them talk about Newcastle fans, the club, etc. as well just to make them feel better about themselves. Beggars belief really.

You're a man who might know; is there a term for that kind of shared acceptance of a falsehood? Like 'cognitive dissonance' but on a grand scale? The kind of mass delusion exhibited by the Far-Right in the states during every election that means, regardless of the evidence stacked up against their nominee, they'll ignore, refute or twist reality and continue to support him/her?

You're a man who might know; is there a term for that kind of shared acceptance of a falsehood? Like 'cognitive dissonance' but on a grand scale? The kind of mass delusion exhibited by the Far-Right in the states during every election that means, regardless of the evidence stacked up against their nominee, they'll ignore, refute or twist reality and continue to support him/her?

Mackemness?

Mass hysteria? Seems apt

Mass hysteria? Seems apt

Aye, I thought that, but Hysteria conjured images of panic and that didn't quite fit with what I had in my head. 

Never mind, I was probably only ever going to use it to be pompous anyway :lol:

Aye, I thought that, but Hysteria conjured images of panic and that didn't quite fit with what I had in my head. 

Never mind, I was probably only ever going to use it to be pompous anyway :lol:

Would 'a bunch of knackers kidding each other they're not talking shite' cover it?

To be honest - I agree with the Mackems on Yedlin. 'He's absolutely class and miles better than Janmaat marra, we'll be getting him permanent too''. This is before he signed for us like LOL.

There's an entirely fictitious thread on there about Newcastle fans attacking Norwich fans after the match, with the Newcastle fans getting laced, of course. Just why?

Read that last night.  tbf half of them are clearly on the wind-up or calling shenanigans and then the other half are desperate to believe it with no proof.