mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

They are still trying to convince themselves they relegated us.Bless.Our final game against Tottenham must have been a pre-season friendly.

I was sad to hear Mel Charles died recently.A decent player but nowhere near as good as his brother,John.He died on 21st of Feb 2004.On that day the makems were away at Cardiff.They had a minutes silence before kick off.Not for the first time the makems disgraced themselves by chanting during the minutes silence,A large number of their supporters were later thrown of an Easyjet flight back to our airport.( Their airport was last used by Hurricanes in WW2 ).The drink driver rewarded their actions by paying for their taxi fares back to sunlun.FACTS.

It's not strictly true though is it? Some were chucked off THAT Easy jet flight but the flight was later cancelled and that is when Quinn paid for 18 taxis to get everyone home:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/wear/6517635.stm

He claims the fans were in a good mood and I'm inclined to believe him since it was after a win, I've been on easy jet flights to Spanish islands where everyone is mortal and chanting etc so it sounds like the pilot was just in bad fettle. It's a nice gesture by the bloke ffs, if you're just going to try and make anything anyone to do with Sunderland does a bad thing then you're as bad as the people you're complaining about.

This also happened in 2007 so I'm unclear of what this has to do with John Charles death in 2004.

Edited by Howay

You are partially right and I am partially wrong.Appologies for that.The Easyjet incident wasn't on the same day as the disruption of the minutes silence to John Charles.Your failure to comment on the minutes silence suggests you are not aware of the incident.The fans behaviour resulted in the crew refusing to take off so to trivialise their actions by describing it as simply being in a good mood has me baffled.I've been in a good mood before take off but never been asked to leave the aircraft because of it.Maybe I've never flown with a pilot in 'bad fettle'. And yours view on drink driving are what exactly?

You are partially right and I am partially wrong.Appologies for that.The Easyjet incident wasn't on the same day as the disruption of the minutes silence to John Charles.Your failure to comment on the minutes silence suggests you are not aware of the incident.The fans behaviour resulted in the crew refusing to take off so to trivialise their actions by describing it as simply being in a good mood has me baffled.I've been in a good mood before take off but never been asked to leave the aircraft because of it.Maybe I've never flown with a pilot in 'bad fettle'. And yours view on drink driving are what exactly?

My comments about the fans being in a good mood are an assumption that they were asked to leave the plane for being drunk and rowdy but in a good mood rather than anything about them getting aggressive or nasty with the pilot/staff, it's only an assumption as I was not there, do you have any evidence they were aggressive or whatever it is you were asserting about them in your original post? Not sure how that is trivializing their actions, was anyone harmed before, during, or after their removal from the plane? What horrific issue on THAT easy jet flight am I trivializing exactly?

The minutes silence incident is irrelevant to my point, no I didn't know Sunderland fans booed during a minutes silence for Charles in 2004. I don't doubt you on that, they're scum but at least make your assertions against them fair or you're simply making shit up about them like they tend to do about us.

I can't say I'm a fan of drink driving but again I'm unsure what my opinion on drink driving has to do with Niall Quinn paying for 18 taxis, mackems booing a minutes silence for Mr Charles, or mackems being removed from a flight in 2007.

And your views on brown sauce v tomato sauce on bacon sarnies are what exactly?

Edited by Howay

So you are assuming the pilot was in bad fettle and that due to his bad fettle he refused to fly the plane because some passengers were in a good mood. Right.That's that sorted.

The drink driving question .I'm new to you,aren't I?

Yeah my assumption is the pilot may have been in a bad mood and he couldn't be arsed listening to a plane full of mortal football fans chanting, I wasn't blaming the pilot I was merely saying the mackems may not have done a whole lot to warrant getting booted off, they may well have but from what I read it just seemed they were being obnoxious which can get you kicked off a plane. If they bothered the flight staff/pilot by giving them grief then your pop at them is warranted. I don't know why the flight ended up not leaving, I assume that was mechanical issues.

No I know you don't like Quinn and refer to him as the drink driver due to his drink driving incident(s), fwiw I don't like Quinn either I just thought he did a canny thing by giving the fans a lift home especially as it wasn't all of them who were hoyed off for being disorderly.

No sauce for me.The bread must be white with lots of butter and the bacon done in the microwave .

I agree on the bread and plenty of butter if there's no sauce, I prefer the bacon done in a pan. 

Yeah my assumption is the pilot may have been in a bad mood and he couldn't be arsed listening to a plane full of mortal football fans chanting, I wasn't blaming the pilot I was merely saying the mackems may not have done a whole lot to warrant getting booted off, they may well have but from what I read it just seemed they were being obnoxious which can get you kicked off a plane. If they bothered the flight staff/pilot by giving them grief then your pop at them is warranted. I don't know why the flight ended up not leaving, I assume that was mechanical issues.

No I know you don't like Quinn and refer to him as the drink driver due to his drink driving incident(s), fwiw I don't like Quinn either I just thought he did a canny thing by giving the fans a lift home especially as it wasn't all of them who were hoyed off for being disorderly.

So they deserved to be thrown of the plane and were rewarded by receiving a lift home to makemland free of charge,paid for by someone who witnessed the incident.Would you have gone down the route of compensation if you had been asked to leave the plane because you believed  the pilot had been in a bad mood? I don't know where this bad fettle or bad mood has come from.The drink driver witnessed their behaviour so he could have paid the taxi fares of the innocent makems.

Aye.Microwave.Nee fat and nee water .The way to go.