mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

One of them on Jarrow Roofing BCA going bust:

Sunderland residents/fans willing these other local clubs on to better things, likes of Shields and that. Fuck them man. Chance we could be playing the c*nts some day. Each time one of these rag tag lot gain a promotion and we get relegated we lose a handful of fans. Fuck them.

Hahaha. Giving it the big one about maybe one day catching us when they're actually terrified of Northern League clubs overtaking them. :D

54 minutes ago, Sonatine said:

What's interesting about that is the Pickford money was included in the 16/17 results. So for this year's accounts when they were in the Championship they basically have no real outgoing transfers worth speaking about (roughly £6m). Their accounts for this year are going to be an absolute disaster.

Anyone expressing any doubt over the financial clout of The Don is quickly being shot down for making things up, being negative, and having no sources.

I'm yet to see any sources as to exactly how big The Don's bank account though. They are in full on delusion here. Denial even.

If we had just gone into League One and had been given away to some bloke who immediately started talking about 'living within our means' I'd be getting ready for a long and painful time. Not rambling on about the Premier League :D

Edited by rob032
Typo
  • Haha 2

Aye they’re in full on denial mode. In that thread a bunch rail against the bloke saying Stewart doesn’t have a lot of money, then one goes “you think £300M isn’t a substantial amount of wealth?” They then all liked his comment :lol: It’s clear as fucking day this Stewart and his mates have nowhere near that ffs, they’re collectively at around £10M according to the (albeit limited) information available. 

8 minutes ago, Howay said:

Aye they’re in full on denial mode. In that thread a bunch rail against the bloke saying Stewart doesn’t have a lot of money, then one goes “you think £300M isn’t a substantial amount of wealth?” They then all liked his comment :lol: It’s clear as fucking day this Stewart and his mates have nowhere near that ffs, they’re collectively at around £10M according to the (albeit limited) information available. 

IF he can stabilise the club and IF he can get them promoted to the Championship within a season or two then IF he can make them a mid-table side on a tight budget and IF he can then sell the club to someone willing to invest a bit of money they'll be in a decent position. But that's the best possible scenario for them at the minute looking at the next 3-4 seasons. Obviously nobody knows what lies around the corner but it seems implausible they're about to start spending lots of money any time soon.

• Like 1

I'm still sceptical about the debt-free claims. At the same time, Short also claimed he'd knocked back higher offers for the good of the club. How skint were the other blokes then? :lol:

I suspect these chancers were the only show in town, and a condition of the deal includes Short being able to spin the sale however he wants to, unchallenged.

Edited by TheGingerQuiff
  • Like 1

Be surprised if a load of hopeless nobodies who couldn't be arsed to play for them in the championship suddenly decide they want to play for them  in League One. Oh fuck I'm being negative. Up The Don.

I thought it was common knowledge that Donald hasn't a pot to piss in compared to other owners of recent Premier League clubs? Even some League One owners are wealthier than him (Portsmouth & Scunthorpe e.g.). 

These mystery backers need to be willing and able to pump a lot of money into that club.

4 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

I'm still sceptical about the debt-free claims. At the same time, Short also claimed he'd knocked back higher offers for the good of the club. How skint were the other blokes then? :lol:

I suspect these chancers were the only show in town, and a condition of the deal includes Short being able to spin the same however he wants to, unchallenged.

It's in the interests of the incoming party to be presented in the most favourable light as well. And certainly for the immediate future, even with the debts cleared, they're going to have to roll their sleeves up and cut costs. There's still an age of austerity ahead of them.

The problem they've got, I would guess, is that if it goes to shit again - there is no way that these guys will be able to save them. And sure, getting out of League 1 should be easy enough - but from the Championship on the basis of only spending what you earn, whilst also competing with clubs wielding parachute payments and the like..? yeah, no way. They're not coming back up to the PL unless they pick up a very good manager.

Edited by Rayvin

There's also no indication that he's just wiped the debt off and took a hit to his personal fortune (fanciful imo) He might have bought the stadium off for them for all they know, yet are treating it like some kind of noble deed. Fuck off man :lol:

4 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

I suspect these chancers were the only show in town, and a condition of the deal includes Short being able to spin the sale however he wants to, unchallenged.

Wiping out the money they owe him is one thing, but paying off the external creditors is another. If he's done that, they should erect a statue for the poor sap. Bank rolling them, spending a fortune on players and managers, the man's a saint.

Don't they still owe money on transfers too?