mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

I'd never heard of this lad, for obvious reasons since hes a 20 year old league 1 striker until a couple of weeks ago when he appeard in an article the Sports Prospects of 2019 for the football section there he was alongside Frenkie De Jong and Jadon Sancho.

Oh, louise taylor wrote it btw.

• Haha 4

I watched the documentary and despite the Mackem doc makers trying so hard portray them in a good light it was still fucking hilarious from start to finish. What a fucking shite club they are. The new owners come across like a right pair of cunts. Was nice to see Coleman living in Tynemouth :lol: 

Funnily enough the bloke that I ended up feeling somewhat bad for was Rodwell :lol: they were basically trying to bully him out of the club, they basically threw the kid to the wolves and tried to make him a lightening rod for all their issues.  Bain wanting Rodwell to agree to just tear the contract up to do the club a favor since the club were struggling while Bain is sat there with a Patek Philippe watch on was a highlight. 

• Like 2

It's the only thing they've got to hold on to :lol:

I can't say I've ever even wanted to watch them on television, let alone actually pay and turn up to their games. 

Utter fantasy from the mackems - perhaps bar the odd non local Newcastle fan at their away games, the dregs of the 90s.

3 hours ago, Tom said:

It's the only thing they've got to hold on to :lol:

I can't say I've ever even wanted to watch them on television, let alone actually pay and turn up to their games. 

thats one thing i notice as a big difference between us and them, anytime i have looked at their message board, or even a couple of old mates i speak to occasionally who are makems, they always seem to have watched our game - or know all our players names and how theyve been performing.. I think I’d struggle to name more than three or four players in their team from last few years. 

8 hours ago, essembeeofsunderland said:

I'm always surprised at how long it took my friends to drop me after they realised I was a Walter…

… or maybe it was because I’m the Vanta Black of conversation.

FYP

Just finished the Sunderland documentary. A few bits I noticed:

*There arrogance of them in preseason. Predicting they’d beat Celtic 5-0 then getting hammered by the same result was perfect.

*The idiot listening to the away match on the radio telling the camera that they have the best fans in the world with the next scene being the cameraman being attacked by the ‘best fans in the world’.

*The fact that Coleman appeared to be one of the primary reasons for Grabban leaving. The moment he walked out the door so did any chance of them staying up and the fact that he kept getting subbed and the manager hadn’t even spoke to him since his arrival was ultimately the reason they’re now playing in League 1.

• Haha 1

:lol: Aye that spanner in his SAFC themed house saying they had the best fans in the world was a quality addition. 

Coleman came across as a right arrogant cunt imo, you’re spot on about the Grabban issue being down to him. Loved when Grabban celebrated after putting one past them :lol:  

2 hours ago, David Kelly said:

I see a load of them are fewming that Roy Hodgson doesn't watch them or have a clue who Maja is.

TBF, I thought it was a bit radge that he doesn't keep an eye on other leagues but then I remembered he's past 70 and it's amazing he's got the energy to focus on Palace at all  :lol: 

Edited by Ayatollah Hermione

5 hours ago, Howay said:

:lol: Aye that spanner in his SAFC themed house saying they had the best fans in the world was a quality addition. 

Coleman came across as a right arrogant cunt imo, you’re spot on about the Grabban issue being down to him. Loved when Grabban celebrated after putting one past them :lol:  

Haven’t seen it yet but Coleman always comes across as someone who absolutely loves himself 

• Like 1