mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

An observation - a few years back, Essembee was ridiculed on here (and indeed accused of being a mackem) such was his devotion to criticism of Sunderland and his pulling up of fairly irrational points to throw at them. I mean we all liked a dig but there were limits.

These days, I would venture that Essembee is an almost respected member of the community in terms of his contributions :lol: (Sorry Essembee, but you can't have not been aware of this perception). Is this because he has raised his game as a poster? No, I don't think so. It's because Sunderland have lowered themselves to the points where the 'limits' have expanded, and now even the crazy shit Essembee comes out with seems acceptable when put alongside paedo players, consecutive relegations, spending millions on players who don't play for them, an inability to fill their seats with anything other than excrement, and hugely delusional visions of where they are as a club compared to the reality of their situation.

Sunderland have become the club Essembee always believed they were. He's like some kind of mad bastard prophet.

• Haha 5

Errr none of that. Basically what happened was that 'toonraider' fella looked like a far bigger nonce so I moved Essembee over to a regular member rather than a 'mackem'.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Rayvin said:

An observation - a few years back, Essembee was ridiculed on here (and indeed accused of being a mackem) such was his devotion to criticism of Sunderland and his pulling up of fairly irrational points to throw at them. I mean we all liked a dig but there were limits.

These days, I would venture that Essembee is an almost respected member of the community in terms of his contributions :lol: (Sorry Essembee, but you can't have not been aware of this perception). Is this because he has raised his game as a poster? No, I don't think so. It's because Sunderland have lowered themselves to the points where the 'limits' have expanded, and now even the crazy shit Essembee comes out with seems acceptable when put alongside paedo players, consecutive relegations, spending millions on players who don't play for them, an inability to fill their seats with anything other than excrement, and hugely delusional visions of where they are as a club compared to the reality of their situation.

Sunderland have become the club Essembee always believed they were. He's like some kind of mad bastard prophet.

It was the precision take down of Noelie in the wolves thread that won me over tbh.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

While I'd delight in them having another season in League One I don't think it'll happen, unfortunately.   They'll miss out on the automatic promotion and then get lucky in the playoffs which will send RTG into overdrive of how much better it is that way and they wouldn't have wanted to finish in the top two because that would have been predicable.

13 hours ago, Rayvin said:

There are no limits with regards to having digs at the makems. 27-3-1970.

12 hours ago, Leon said:

While I'd delight in them having another season in League One I don't think it'll happen, unfortunately.   They'll miss out on the automatic promotion and then get lucky in the playoffs which will send RTG into overdrive of how much better it is that way and they wouldn't have wanted to finish in the top two because that would have been predicable.

They're going to finish top 6 unfortunately. The more they struggle to beat teams the less confident they'll be in the play-offs where they'll probably end up. They thought they'd piss the league but recent results are proving that teams aren't shitting themselves when playing Tyne and Wear's second biggest and second best supported club. Of course the usual makem arrogance will return as the draw is made for the play offs. 'How are you getting to Wembley' 'Where's the best place to park for Wembley'. 'I'd rather get promoted at Wembley than going up automatically'. How hilarious would it be if they go beat in the semi's. 

15 wins in 31 games. Equal or 2nd best in most games in a league they all thought they'd piss. 

Gillingham next. No Cascarino this time though. After those two play off games, Bob Sokoe had officially took them into the third tier of English football for the first time.Later, a statue to Geordie Bob was erected outside the Flat Pack for this achievement. Only in makem land. Tyne and Wear's second biggest and second most successful club. 

Donny. 6 points behind with a game in hand. 

Two things that mackems have said to me in the last week.  "Their manager sets out to nick a 1-0 win".  Strange since they seem completely incapable of keeping a clean sheet.  

And my personal favourite, "they have a team not suited to playing in league 1.  The players down there play to physically for them.  They're more suited to the Championship".  Again strange since all of their players who have played in the championship have been spectacular failures in that league as far as I can work out.