Gene_Clark

mackem messageboard gold

:lol:

As an aside, finally getting round to watching the Netflix documentary and I'm buckled in the first minute. An actual sermon about their shit football team, intercut with images of some speccy kid pointing at his napper, screaming "FUCKING THINK ABOUT IT!" as Billy Jones looks on, almost in tears. What a crease this is going to be.

• Haha 3

To be fair the only Oyster he's likely to be familiar with is the smell emanating from your average Mackem lass' private area.

Edited by Fumacarena

I think we decided that he wasn't a mackem because he was good humoured about the accusations instead of wildly defensive. Also, as far as I can tell, he isn't supportive of Mike Ashley (the usual giveaway).

On 25/03/2019 at 23:09, Howay said:

:lol: They really are a gift that keeps on giving. All this clart on for the fucking Trotter Independent Trading Co Cup, our youth team were in it man. Iirc Pompey are taking as many as them but the way they’re going on you’d think it’s some phenomenal flood of support of which the world has never seen. I’d be more impressed if they filled their own ground the bunch of scruffs. 

That’s the thing for me. Like having to close parts of the ground for league games yet there being a massive interest in tickets for a cup final is some sort of indication as to their having an amazing fan base. It’s the opposite of that, you stupid cunts. Their support was awful last season too. Even those that went created a poisonous atmosphere. 

Edited by Alex
  • Like 4

6 minutes ago, Alex said:

That’s the thing for me. Like having to close parts of the ground for league games yet there being a massive interest in tickets for a cup final is some sort of indication as to their having an amazing fan base. It’s the opposite of that, you stupid cunts. Their support was awful last season too. Even those that went created a poisonous atmosphere. 

Watching the Netflix thing shows just how toxic that place was. 

Looks like they'll be around the play off spots, which is surely an indication that they're not being terrifically well run:

• With the money they had they could and should have overhauled the club. Instead, they're still relying on Lee fucking Cattermole.
  • Last two seasons they've sold their top goal scorers midway through the season. Which, when you're gunning for promotion/survival, is bonkers. A quick look at the table shows they're good defensively, but pretty shit up front. 
  • If they don't get promoted, which is entirely possible, their next step will have to be further cost cutting, which further limits their ability to compete at the upper reaches of the 3rd division.

Tbf, it’s easy to downplay the significance of the competition and the achievement of making it to Wembley but, just to put into context how big a prize it is, Carlisle have won it twice 

• Haha 8

On 26/03/2019 at 15:59, Ayatollah Hermione said:

:lol:

As an aside, finally getting round to watching the Netflix documentary and I'm buckled in the first minute. An actual sermon about their shit football team, intercut with images of some speccy kid pointing at his napper, screaming "FUCKING THINK ABOUT IT!" as Billy Jones looks on, almost in tears. What a crease this is going to be.

The footage of the crowd in the Bristol game :lol: :lol: Immediately after that kid called them "the best support in England" 

I won’t harp on anymore in here but fuck me, this is one of the finest examples of dramatic irony in any work ever made.

Edited by Ayatollah Hermione
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2