mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

1 hour ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Giving Coventry fans pelters here for shitting in a bag and hoying it down to the lower tier. 

:D

I mean, who uses a bag when you have a shite in their stadium? 

Brings a whole new meaning to bag o’ shite 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Howay said:

:lol: I love that after years of them abusing Coventry, and insulting a club legend that has passed away they are utterly baffled why Coventry have such a dislike of them. 

Also, they need to pack in saying it’s teams big day out ffs they have absolutely shit attendances so it’s hardly like when Burton played us in front of nearly 50k people. 

https://mobile.twitter.com/ALS_Fanzine/status/1116814487900819456

Fucking tragic crack that like 

• Jaysus... 2

Load of bollocks. Came out of the away end greeted by 50 year old blokes offering out kids. Then shouting scum bags, and various things about jimmy hill being dead etc. 

Sore losers springs to mind. Thank god we beat that lot. 

Now off out of this shit hole for a night out in the toon.

PUSB

:D 

1 hour ago, Alex said:

Disgraceful but honestly exactly what I expect of them. Also if you go down the comments a bit immediately the “makes us look as bad as them up the road” deflection comes out, can he please point to a time one of our fanzines celebrated the death of a man that as far as I’m aware didn’t do a whole lot to them? (it actually doesn’t matter what he did tbh their actions towards him is absolutely rotten)

As I have said in the past this is a fan base that in very recent times celebrated the death of Jimmy Hill and still insult him, racially abused the mother of one of their players (who now fucking hates them), strongly supported a man on trial for touching up a school girl and made excuses for why it was ok then abused her, and has given endless abuse to their managers threatened them outside of work threw bananas at Reid etc. I absolutely know there are some horrible dick heads in our support but where the fuck do they get this high and mighty craic from? They’re fucking scum imo. 

Edited by Howay
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Howay said:

Disgraceful but honestly exactly what I expect of them. Also if you go down the comments a bit immediately the “makes us look as bad as them up the road” deflection comes out, can he please point to a time one of our fanzines celebrated the death of a man that as far as I’m aware didn’t do a whole lot to them? (it actually doesn’t matter what he did tbh their actions towards him is absolutely rotten)

As I have said in the past this is a fan base that in very recent times celebrated the death of Jimmy Hill and still insult him, racially abused the mother of one of their players (who now fucking hates them), strongly supported a man on trial for touching up a school girl and made excuses for why it was ok then abused her, and has given endless abuse to their managers threatened them outside of work threw bananas at Reid etc. I absolutely know there are some horrible dick heads in our support but where the fuck do they get this high and mighty craic from? They’re fucking scum imo. 

Don't forget they glassed their chairman, spat at the drink-driver when he was with his family and spat on monkey heed and the subs. Monkey heed also received a beer shampoo by the classiest fans in football. 

• Like 1

I see 60 Feyenoord fans came over for the Coventry game. The makems were and still are in awe of their hooligan antics, which were on display near the Coventry buses on Saturday. I wonder how impressed the makems were and are with their rapid retreat, along with their Breda pals, from the main square in Breda when they picked on the 'wrong' Toon fans. 

They are spending £14m on wages in League One :lol: 

“It is likely Jack will still have quite a large part of his budget pre-spent, depending on what league we are in may give us more work to do or not.” said Donald.

“Our starting wage bill for League One next season we have got about £14m-worth of contracted players.

“Because of the clauses in their contracts, if we get promoted that’s £18m before we sign a player. That’s above our break-even point.

“That is then a wider conversation on the options how do we potentially increase our budget, I don’t think we need that in League One, the parachute payments will be fine.

“If we have £18m pre-spent in the Championship and that means we are running at a loss the challenge for us is going to be how do we give Jack more funds so that we can still wheel and deal in the market.

“An £18m playing budget in the Championship, you’d expect to do quite well with that, there are some teams doing well in that.

“In League One we are fine but having £18m pre-spent as you go in to the Championship would be an issue.

“Teams that have gone up before with a budget of £6m or £7m, the biggest teams, we might be going up having £10m more than that already committed.”

:lol::lol::lol: That certainly doesn’t sound as rosy as the mackems have been making out. Struggling to get promoted with a £14m wage spend, and the same shit players will have them immediately underwater in the Championship.

I can’t believe they all love this bloke, have they not noticed the way he’s talking? Haven’t even went up yet and he’s already cutting their budget :lol: 

Edited by Howay
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, RobinRobin said:

Sounds like he is saying they will be better off not getting promoted.

Aye, a £14m wage bill in League One is no problem but £18m in the Championship is a big issue?

• Haha 1