mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

:lol::lol: Honestly man, they’re fucking brilliant tbh. Possibly the closest fan base to all the stereotypes we aim at them.

It’s absolutely brilliant that their high point for potentially many years could be a defeat in the Johnstones paint trophy final. 

Praising Allardyce, saying other fans of other clubs lack class, dismissing the amount spent... All sounds eerily familiar.

Would another season in the doldrums chip away at that delusion of theirs? 

• Like 1

The Don is selling up :lol: 

Getting out before he can get stuck with the stigma of failing by not get promoted. I really hope there's plenty of him being a bad Del Boy ming in the new Netflix series.

Edited by Ayatollah Hermione
  • Haha 4

27 minutes ago, Howay said:

He seems to be like Ashley in this respect, every time there’s a downturn these rumours come out. 

I hope they’re stuck with Donny for as long as we’ve had the amorphous lard blob. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ewerk said:

Even I’m amazed that he’s ran out of money quite this quickly.

Coke prices have gone through the roof since Brexit. 

( possibly, I have no idea :D). 

1 hour ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

And now, apparently he isn't. All this uncertainty is just what they need going into the playoffs.

Isn’t what? 

Skint, a massive chancer, or selling up?

(btw, selling to who,exactly? They’re not really a massively saleable asset, are they?) 

14 hours ago, ewerk said:

Even I’m amazed that he’s ran out of money quite this quickly.

Last month Sunderland announced pre-tax losses of £19.91m for 2017-18, a year in which they suffered a second successive relegation

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, ewerk said:

I thought the Don was mates with some mega rich South American who was going to turn them into the Durham PSG?

He was only going to do that if they got promoted. Even though they were certain to go up and one would imagine the club will cost him more if they do.

Edited by Rayvin

I’m sure the former chairman of Eastleigh FC has many billionaires queueing up to invest in his latest lower league project with, er, massive potential 

• Haha 2

Let’s pretend that wedding season is a thing for a moment, how the fuck does early May qualify anyway? 

Yeah, our shit crowds in November were blatantly down to wedding season too.