mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

4 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

a sobering thought here lads, 

the way ashley, charnley, barnes and bishop run our shit show of a club with the help now from top geordie brucey. it would only take marginal improvement on the pitch and a reasonable amount of investment off it for the mackems to be lording it as north east 'top dogs' in 12 months time.

“Our club” :lol: Nobody’s fooled mate, just in case you were wondering.

I don’t think they’ll get promoted this year & whilst they’ll pick up some decent results in league one they’ll get botted senseless in the championship & that’s with hitherto unseen investment.

The championship isn’t the league it was. Plenty  clubs are doing some serious spending & there's always three relegated teams willing to throw some serious money at the situation.

• Like 1

Just now, Tom said:

He thinks you’re a mackem. :lol:

We know you’re not :up: 

ahh!

why the fuck would he think that?!

my comment above was more to do with our apparent inclination towards self destruction than an approval of anything going on down the road!

:)

9 minutes ago, Tom said:

I don’t think they’ll get promoted this year & whilst they’ll pick up some decent results in league one they’ll get botted senseless in the championship & that’s with hitherto unseen investment.

The championship isn’t the league it was. Plenty  clubs are doing some serious spending & there's always three relegated teams willing to throw some serious money at the situation.

aye, all the above is accepted, i think they'll finish in the play off places again, which is why i reckon it'd only take a marginal improvement for them to actually go up.

i do however think we're absolutely nailed on to go down this year and the toxic atmosphere at newcastle could see us bottom half in the championship.

i wouldnt have a problem with that, if it meant a means to an end.

Newcastle United women are playing the mackem women tomorrow at the SOL. 

£3 and whist I hate driving anywhere near that direction as they probably have better roads in Kabul, I’m going to have a look along!

On 24/08/2019 at 10:59, Tom said:

Newcastle United women are playing the mackem women tomorrow at the SOL. 

£3 and whist I hate driving anywhere near that direction as they probably have better roads in Kabul, I’m going to have a look along!

We lost this narrowly, 3-2 but it was a class time out. 

It was nice to sit and watch a football game without people behaving like total knobheads.

• Like 1

On 8/24/2019 at 08:57, Tom said:

They're years from a return to the top flight. Likely only play them in the FA Tinpot or the Women's league for ages.

Could be a generation of talented kids from the region available to the only show in town, if only we'd invested in the academy. 

this mackem takeover.. some wealthy yanks who know feck all about “soccer” get in cahoots with some no mark chancers who will “run things” for them..

I’m sure this scenario didn’t end well for the scruffy twats last time ? 

2 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Glad to see normal service resumed. They were going to storm the league because they beat Burnley reserves in the cup apparently 

For their sakes they're going to have to hope this takeover turns out well.