Gene_Clark

mackem messageboard gold

2 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Stokoe was from Prudhoe iirc. 

He means SBR. As for the mackems, I thought we were all deluded, yet getting us challenging for honours and into the champions league equates to mediocrity? Make your minds up ffs. And they’re only trying to claim Robson because they’re such an irrelevant nonentity. To quote man himself “What is a club in any case? Not the buildings or the directors or the people who are paid to represent it. It’s not the television contracts, get-out clauses, marketing departments or executive boxes. It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city. It’s a small boy clambering up stadium steps for the very first time, gripping his father’s hand, gawping at that hallowed stretch of turf beneath him and, without being able to do a thing about it, falling in love.”

Which highlights a big difference between the two clubs. Virtually every Newcastle fan seems to have a deep affection for the place regardless of whether they’re from there or live there. Sunderland fans, on the other hand, often have no sense of connection to the place beyond the club itself. Which is understandable given it looks like Vladivostok

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Alex said:

He means SBR. As for the mackems, I thought we were all deluded, yet getting us challenging for honours and into the champions league equates to mediocrity? Make your minds up ffs. And they’re only trying to claim Robson because they’re such an irrelevant nonentity. To quote man himself “What is a club in any case? Not the buildings or the directors or the people who are paid to represent it. It’s not the television contracts, get-out clauses, marketing departments or executive boxes. It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city. It’s a small boy clambering up stadium steps for the very first time, gripping his father’s hand, gawping at that hallowed stretch of turf beneath him and, without being able to do a thing about it, falling in love.”

Which highlights a big difference between the two clubs. Virtually every Newcastle fan seems to have a deep affection for the place regardless of whether they’re from there or live there. Sunderland fans, on the other hand, often have no sense of connection to the place beyond the club itself. Which is understandable given it looks like Vladivostok

i spent a week working a while back at a town called bacau in the north east of romania, very close to the moldovian border. utter, utter depressing shithole.

uncannily like sunderland, apart from bacau had some incredibly minxy maidens!  

Good news. Season 2 of the mackem documentary is getting aired.

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibernian/jack-ross-i-was-reluctant-netflix-star-at-sunderland-1-5048341?fbclid=IwAR2Jjc9EycW7XYRrY3BtCMB_-EKcoBqMkJF0dy9HfsQCVJge6wCJ7TTsRu0

Looking forward to the behind the scenes reaction to the last second playoff final loss :lol:

Edited by Kid Dynamite

“To try to convince me to help them with it, they showed me little bits of the first series. And for some reason they decided to show me the clip where Chris comes out the stadium after being relegated. I’ve no idea why they showed me that”

:lol::lol: Another man leaving with high opinions of Sunderland.

• Haha 3

It was a tough choice between the clip of the ex-manager getting harangued, the camera crew getting attacked or the young 'un taking a shit in his seat.

• Haha 4

20 minutes ago, strawb said:

The bit where Coleman got called a wanker and lost it saying he had 6 kids or something doubled me up

The rapid descent from him laying on the “charm” with all of the training ground staff, banging on about his great coaching methods and being full of confidence to looking truly miserable following defeat after defeat was easily better than anything Netflix’s scripted shows have come up with.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

The rapid descent from him laying on the “charm” with all of the training ground staff, banging on about his great coaching methods and being full of confidence to looking truly miserable following defeat after defeat was easily better than anything Netflix’s scripted shows have come up with.

It was more the get called something shit, respond with something completely irrelevant but really angrily part that got me.

“You are a complete prick!”, “fuck you! I’ve got all my own hair!”

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Alex said:

Oh look, he’s pretending again   

Given Sunderland's level recently he may in fact actually be thrilled at a draw.

That could be a genuine statement of elation. I mean they nearly lost after all.

• Jaysus... 1

3 hours ago, Rayvin said:

Given Sunderland's level recently he may in fact actually be thrilled at a draw.

That could be a genuine statement of elation. I mean they nearly lost after all.

Deffo not marra. I thought the final score was one nil when I read a post earlier so was gutted when I read they equalised but if this new manager continues with the 1-1 malarky from the previous geeza I will be fine with this. Seems like Rafa would struggle with those shower. I wasn't expecting for someone to be cocky and tempting fate gloating at one nil. Maybe best to wait till final whistle!

• Jaysus... 6