mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

33 minutes ago, Alex said:

Not to mention how ‘classy’ it is hoping for load of clubs to go out of business just so they can benefit 

You got to love their level of self delusion because they sing their peado can fuck who he wants to but no doubt the PL needs their "history of unparalleled class and dignity."

Fuck off you inbred clueless cunts.

• Like 3

Sir Ricky Sbragia is a piss taker but he does it so “subtly” they don’t seem to realise.

He’s been at it for years :lol: 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, sammynb said:

Um, no. The good doctor was involved in the manufacture and design of tanks in WW2 but Porsche the company never made tanks, the tractors aren't even really Porsches, the engine and drivetrain was designed by Porsche but they were made by someone else and just badged Porsche.

Anyway back to the sad makem cunts.

They made the chassis for the Elephant and Tiger’s I believe, having had their design for their own “tiger” knocked back.

3 hours ago, Toonpack said:

They made the chassis for the Elephant and Tiger’s I believe, having had their design for their own “tiger” knocked back.

Ferdinand Porsche founded the company called "Dr. Ing. h. c. F. Porsche GmbH" in 1931,[4] with main offices at Kronenstraße 24 in the centre of Stuttgart.[5] Initially, the company offered motor vehicle development work and consulting,[4] but did not build any cars under its own name. One of the first assignments the new company received was from the German government to design a car for the people, that is a "Volkswagen".[4] This resulted in the Volkswagen Beetle, one of the most successful car designs of all time.[6] The Porsche 64 was developed in 1939 using many components from the Beetle.[4]

During World War II,[7] Volkswagen production turned to the military version of the Volkswagen Beetle, the Kübelwagen,[7] 52,000 produced, and Schwimmwagen,[7] 15,584 produced.[8] Porsche produced several designs for heavy tanks during the war, losing out to Henschel & Son in both contracts that ultimately led to the Tiger I and the Tiger II. However, not all this work was wasted, as the chassis Porsche designed for the Tiger I was used as the base for the Elefant tank destroyer. Porsche also developed the Maus super-heavy tank in the closing stages of the war, producing two prototypes.[9]

Lots of design work but no knocking one out in the back shed ala Monkey Fist.

2 minutes ago, Tom said:

German motor companies are proper incestuous mind. 

VW, Audi, Porsche, all in the same bed. 

That group is (and add to it Seat/Skoda/Bentley/Lambo/Bugatti/Ducati/and a bunch of truck brands) but Merc and BMW aren't part of the mechanical fourth reich'n'roll.

VAG is so "special" they even have their own font to rule the world - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VAG_Rounded

I love my VW Polo like, great car. Fancy a van next mind. Big ol transporter to turn into a camper.

They don’t really look like campers so it’s ok to roll up to work in :lol: 

12 minutes ago, Tom said:

I love my VW Polo like, great car. Fancy a van next mind. Big ol transporter to turn into a camper.

They don’t really look like campers so it’s ok to roll up to work in :lol: 

In 2006 we tripped around the world cup in a VW Transporter California which was a great camper, steel pop up roof, did 190 on the autobahn, that's what you need T-Keith.

https://www.outandaboutlive.co.uk/motorhomes/reviews/motorhomes/details/motorhome-review-the-2006-volkswagen-california-se-on-swb-25td-vw-t5/898997

5 hours ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Some might say that bloke was A-TRACTOR-ED to farming implements.

1 hour ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Sometimes I pick a random page of this thread and read a bit because, wherever you land, it’s hilarious. In future, I’ll make sure to avoid Page 599.

Spot on ;) 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, sammynb said:

In 2006 we tripped around the world cup in a VW Transporter California which was a great camper, steel pop up roof, did 190 on the autobahn, that's what you need T-Keith.

https://www.outandaboutlive.co.uk/motorhomes/reviews/motorhomes/details/motorhome-review-the-2006-volkswagen-california-se-on-swb-25td-vw-t5/898997

With a Porsche designed tank you wouldn’t have had any problems with traffic jams though.