mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

Does anyone remember what we did in 97, the year we came second and secured champs league football, and both the mackems and Boro were relegated? I honestly can't remember we did anything other than have a bit of a laugh.

Can you even imagine what the mackems would do if that scenario happened today? :lol:

This :lol: no way did we all go to this extent, sad bastards :lol:

No matter how hard they try,they will always be Forever In Our Shadow.They now it and they hate it.Next season there will be more media interest in Rafa and NUFC than Hippo Heed and his shower of shite.Comparing attendances may not be popular again on wearside.

SAFC.Small club.Small ground .Small crowds.Fewer trophies.Forever In Our Shadow.

Honestly lads I don't know why you're even arsed, they've been saying all this shite for fucking years. Stuff like Robson being a MLF and trying to redraw boundries on maps, it's small time fucking nonsense and it's all they've had to hang onto for their entire lives. I've seen my team finish 2nd in my lifetime, play in the Champions League multiple times will they ever come close to seeing either of those things?

They can keep making stuff up to be 'better' at or take away from the City of Newcastle but it's all just fucking nonsense so let them have it.

Honestly lads I don't know why you're even arsed, they've been saying all this shite for fucking years. Stuff like Robson being a MLF and trying to redraw boundries on maps, it's small time fucking nonsense and it's all they've had to hang onto for their entire lives. I've seen my team finish 2nd in my lifetime, play in the Champions League multiple times will they ever come close to seeing either of those things?

They can keep making stuff up to be 'better' at or take away from the City of Newcastle but it's all just fucking nonsense so let them have it.

But surely they can't honestly believe that Robson took the same level of 'abuse' as Pardew? They make out like we hated him

There revisionism and then theirs that!

Who knows if they do, I'm willing to accept that they genuinely do believe it the same way that I accepted that the mug that was spamming the forum the other day believed that Sam Allardyce is a better manager than Rafa Benitez. They literally have fuck all to cling to man, they even made up the 'classy' thing because that is how little they have as a city and as a club. So aye I'm fairly sure they genuinely believe that Robson got a torrent of hate, when in actual fact it was more like a 'time to go' mentality from the people that wanted him to leave.

Aye I was too and it was more of a grumbling due to raised expectations (which were raised by the performance of Robson's side) not quite being met as opposed to any sort of abuse from what I remember. I know for a fact that they gave Peter Reid actual abuse (including hoying bananas at him while he was in the dugout) and he has been their best manager in the Premier League era...

You're right of course, but it is an interesting insight into mackem psyche, and quite addictive. The amount of utter shit they come out with is insane. I know we have our own knackers who when selectively quoted seem to fulfil the sky geordie cliché, but over there it's a genuine hive collective with the exceptional dissenter (who is invariably shouted down as a "mag bastard".

Reminds me of when I followed wolfy back to his mother ship forum, cluesforum. A hive of deluded maniacs who literally believe 9/11 never happened, and all the victims were simulated. Okay, the smb isn't as extreme as that, but the underlying mass psychosis is similar....

Btw, wolfy is now a major poster on the flat earth forums, again it's an interesting site. :unsure:

I'd love to know how they heard this 'torrent of hate' tbh, I was there I certainly didn't hear it.

I was there at his last match, they're talking shit.

I'll be honest, I wanted a planned, phased replacement for Robson, and for him to move upstairs. He did a fantastic job for us but imo he was on a downward trajectory and I couldn't see him getting us back to where he had got us. I was concerned about his age and the reported behaviour of players like Dyer. However, I limited my "abuse" to giving my opinion on a message board (this one in fact), I never called for his head at a match and I'm pretty sure I never spat on him. :D Mine was also a minority opinion.

Not that my opinion mattered at all or any other fan's did. The only people who mattered were the board, particularly Douglas Hall. I thought the way they treated him was shambolic, refusing to renew his contract and then sacking him 4 matches into a season without a replacement, meaning we ended up with Souness, the clueless fuckers. None of this had anything to do with the fans though and as far as I am aware Robson felt welcome at SJP until his dying days, and was particularly friendly with Shepherd.

So yeah, deluded mackem revisionism, the stupid twats.

Edited by Renton

I was there at his last match, they're talking shit.

I'll be honest, I wanted a planned, phased replacement for Robson, and for him to move upstairs. He did a fantastic job for us but imo he was on a downward trajectory and I couldn't see him getting us back to where he had got us. I was concerned about his age and the reported behaviour of players like Dyer. However, I limited my "abuse" to giving my opinion on a message board (this one in fact), I never called for his head at a match and I'm pretty sure I never spat on him. :D Mine was also a minority opinion.

Not that my opinion mattered at all or any other fan's did. The only people who mattered were the board, particularly Douglas Hall. I thought the way they treated him was shambolic, refusing to renew his contract and then sacking him 4 matches into a season without a replacement, meaning we ended up with Souness, the clueless fuckers. None of this had anything to do with the fans though and as far as I am aware Robson felt welcome at SJP until his dying days, and was particularly friendly with Shepherd.

So yeah, deluded mackem revisionism, the stupid twats.

I was at his last home game, his last game was Villa away? I didnt go that day but yeah I pretty much agree with everything you've said it's complete revisionism by them certainly wasn't abuse at him in his last home game

I certainly blame Douglas for the sacking then I do Shepherd, as you say they were seen friendly together

Edited by gpirlo68

They keep trying to make our relegation into a spectacle because they're furious that we don't seem arsed at all that we went down and they finished above us. It's destroying them. "Ohh wait til August when the reality sinks in that they're running out against Preston North End." Not like we didn't run out against them in 2009. We survived. We came back up. We kicked the living fuck out of them, went on to finish in the top half a couple of times, 5th once, played in a Europa League quarter final, and during that time they've done...the sum total of absolutely fucking nothing. Reckon we'll do the same again, and so will they.

Edited by acrossthepond

I think you've hit the nail on the head as to why we aren't too arsed. Last time there were many of us concerned that we would never come up again but we've all seen that decent management plus a squad too good for the division means that we should be bouncing straight back up.

I was at his last home game, his last game was Villa away? I didnt go that day but yeah I pretty much agree with everything you've said it's complete revisionism by them certainly wasn't abuse at him in his last home game

I certainly blame Douglas for the sacking then I do Shepherd, as you say they were seen friendly together

At Villa away didn't he drop Shearer, which caused a bit of a stir? We also went on to lose 4-2 didn't we?

Aye I was too and it was more of a grumbling due to raised expectations (which were raised by the performance of Robson's side) not quite being met as opposed to any sort of abuse from what I remember. I know for a fact that they gave Peter Reid actual abuse (including hoying bananas at him while he was in the dugout) and he has been their best manager in the Premier League era...

They keep very quiet about the tosser who gobbed on SAINT Niall Quinn in front of his wife and kids outside Roker Park in 1996...tbh I didn't know until recently either but it's comes from Quinn's own mouth in this book...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Up-There-North-East-Football-Boom/dp/1909245178

You're right of course, but it is an interesting insight into mackem psyche, and quite addictive. The amount of utter shit they come out with is insane. I know we have our own knackers who when selectively quoted seem to fulfil the sky geordie cliché, but over there it's a genuine hive collective with the exceptional dissenter (who is invariably shouted down as a "mag bastard".

Reminds me of when I followed wolfy back to his mother ship forum, cluesforum. A hive of deluded maniacs who literally believe 9/11 never happened, and all the victims were simulated. Okay, the smb isn't as extreme as that, but the underlying mass psychosis is similar....

Btw, wolfy is now a major poster on the flat earth forums, again it's an interesting site. :unsure:

:lol: Suppose everyone needs that mindless entertainment, like Gemmill with his Mindy Project nonsense. I must admit I've also fell down that manic wormhole that is RTG and it never disappoints, they're fucking lunatics even the level headed ones end up getting abused for being maggie cunts :lol: .

Wolfy was a nutter wasn't he :lol: , when I was driving the other day a car pulled out in front of me and had a bumper sticker that said "9/11 was an inside job" a pretty insensitive bumper sticker to have in a town as hard hit by the disaster as the town I live in but his ridiculous Dodge Charger seemed untouched, it made me think of Wolfy mind :lol: .

They keep very quiet about the tosser who gobbed on SAINT Niall Quinn in front of his wife and kids outside Roker Park in 1996...tbh I didn't know until recently either but it's comes from Quinn's own mouth in this book...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Up-There-North-East-Football-Boom/dp/1909245178

:lol: Aye doesn't quite fit their little agenda I'd never heard about that either, neither does the fact that fans racially abusing one of their most prolific strikers in recent years mother forced him into moving away. They can bang on about Sir Bobby being abused all they like, I was there it didn't fucking happen, as Renton said it was more a sentiment of it's time to move upstairs from the people that wanted him to finish as opposed to any venom whatsoever. In fact most of the anger was leveled at Jenas, Dyer and Bramble who were seen as the cunts that were ignoring him and messing about iirc.

They always seem to bring up things their own fan base/players have done, like that idiot on here the other week starting multiple threads alluding to Cisse being a paedo and the greggs bloke being a nonce, why do that? It only draws attention to the fact they fucking celebrated a bloke that was on trial for noncing and even sung songs about him shagging whoever he wants, it's an argument they'd never fucking win. Stick to overdone and unfunny jokes about a bloke punching a horse, at least we can't accuse them of that one yet.

At Villa away didn't he drop Shearer, which caused a bit of a stir? We also went on to lose 4-2 didn't we?

Shearer wasn't doing well in the first 3 games and got dropped for it, iirc Dyer was left out of the squad. The media was creating lots of stir around the time and dropping Shearer emulated what had happened with Guillet in 99, huge pressure was on him

Aye we ended up losing 4-2