mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

I was careful not to make any blanket statement about fans of either team, just my experience. Closest I got was that it "made me wonder if it reflects differences in the wider fan bases."

The response on RTG has given us some indication ;)

12yr old lad with no ties to either club and without prescience prefers 1 club to another. "FUCKN GLORY HUNTAH"

:lol:

They're seething about one lads anecdote.

The best thing about it is that we've got weeks/months of it to come. There's going to be more articles like this one and more posters like the mag above who are furiously gnashing about how unbothered they are.

Reality has cracked and they don't know which way is up atm, bless em. They know which way down is, mind.

The desperation to believe this, man. I don't actually think for a second that he does believe it, they all know that this relegation hasn't had the effect on us that they hoped. FFS, they can compare it to last time and see that. But because they've got literally nothing else to hit us with, they're clinging to it.

"the best thing about it is that we've got weeks/months of it to come" :lol:

He's fucking gutted about that, it's written all over his posts.

Mackems aside though, it's a nice piece. You considered trying to get Louise Taylor's position at the Guardian HF? You've got stats, facts and a good writing style. She has none of those things.

Can't believe everyone has missed how blatantly racist young Happy Face was.

I was going to include the shame of thinking back that it was because he was the only black like. Glad you picked up on it without being explicit :lol:

The best thing about it is that we've got weeks/months of it to come. There's going to be more articles like this one and more posters like the mag above who are furiously gnashing about how unbothered they are.

Reality has cracked and they don't know which way is up atm, bless em. They know which way down is, mind.

The desperation to believe this, man. I don't actually think for a second that he does believe it, they all know that this relegation hasn't had the effect on us that they hoped. FFS, they can compare it to last time and see that. But because they've got literally nothing else to hit us with, they're clinging to it.

"the best thing about it is that we've got weeks/months of it to come" :lol:

He's fucking gutted about that, it's written all over his posts.

There were predictions of the City centre being smashed up (many references to phoneboxes and horses), and mass protests, so when the over-riding emotion on that day was hope, well, I think they're a bit confused to be honest. So many on that message board assert all Newcastle fans are illiterate, overweight, hooligans. So when that doesn't transpire they have 2 options; ignore it, or lie about it. They're like Chris McCann, predicting the apocalypse and then when it doesn't happen, well he'll just predict another one.

I've honestly had 1 or 2 decent conversations on there, but the overwhelming majority is petulant attempts to "win", honestly one poster replies with "RELEGATION" in almost every reply. I'm not sure what he's trying to achieve, I mean it's not like that is news to me. Although it strikes me that perhaps he does that because I'm not reacting how he's been told all Newcastle fans will react?

I've never deliberately wound anyone up on there and yet I'm forever accused of being a WUM and it strikes me, what if my reasonable conversation is winding them up because it's not in line with the fabrication of a Newcastle fan. I'm a reminder that their prejudice is nonsense?

I dunno, but I'm enjoying watching them wind themselves up.

Why are they so desperate for us to be really upset about being relegated? I'm genuinely not that arsed, of course there is some disappointment but it has been coming for 3 years man it's not like last time.

Now we have confirmed Rafa staying I have more excitement about the future than I ever have under Ashley's ownership, this positive feeling far outweighs the slight disappointment of going down. They spent the whole fucking season in the bottom 4, in fact they've barely been out of those positions for at least the last 4 years, I'm genuinely not jealous of the position they are in at all. They can say they're not jealous of ours and that is totally fine, I understand they're in the PL and that's what they want but us saying we're excited for Rafa shouldn't wind them up this much.

The point HF is making about hope and aspiration and the current parallel with 92 is going so far above their heads it might as well be being towed behind a small plane.

Why are they so desperate for us to be really upset about being relegated? I'm genuinely not that arsed, of course there is some disappointment but it has been coming for 3 years man it's not like last time.

Now we have confirmed Rafa staying I have more excitement about the future than I ever have under Ashley's ownership, this positive feeling far outweighs the slight disappointment of going down. They spent the whole fucking season in the bottom 4, in fact they've barely been out of those positions for at least the last 4 years, I'm genuinely not jealous of the position they are in at all. They can say they're not jealous of ours and that is totally fine, I understand they're in the PL and that's what they want but us saying we're excited for Rafa shouldn't wind them up this much.

I think a lot of them can't see anything from a different perspective. e.g. there's a Boro fan asking them why, if they're not bothered about Boro, are there threads about Boro on almost a daily basis? And they insist he's obsessed, why else would he be on a sunderland website?

I've said we're excited about the future because Rafa is a very good manager and we've not had one for years

"But he took yaz doon",

well, no, the 28 games before him and the way the league panned out relegated us,

"Di Canio kept us up with less games",

Benitez has a better PpG than Allardyce, Di Canio and almost as good as Advocaat

"He's only staying for the money"

Well I'm sure he could go to China or Russia or any other top flight and get paid a similar wage

"You're broke, Ashley said so"

Ashley lies, it's what he does

"He wiped your debt and you're still not happy, just like you weren't happy when you hounded out Pardew, you're deluded"

ad nauseum

What else can they do to be fair? Turn on Allardyce?

They have to save that for October.

didn't give MoN that long, 45 minutes wasn't it?

Remember them swilling Peyter Reid in a friendly? :lol: The two 7th place finishes had completely fucked their mindset. Either that or the fact the friendly was in 'yewrup'.

HF's photo in the mag described as "The dead eyed stare of a man who once had his dog lick strawberry jam off his toes". [emoji38]

Howay HF. Either post a denial or this will never go away.

HF's photo in the mag described as "The dead eyed stare of a man who once had his dog lick strawberry jam off his toes". [emoji38]

Howay HF. Either post a denial or this will never go away.

Isn't there a history between mackems and dogs? Roy Keane's unnatural affection for them or something?

Sounds like experience talking to me either way.

Remember them swilling Peyter Reid in a friendly? :lol: The two 7th place finishes had completely fucked their mindset. Either that or the fact the friendly was in 'yewrup'.

:lol: They used our monkeys heed craic to abuse him and pelted him with bananas as well. Best manager they had in the Premier League era and they quickly sweep that all under the rug now.