mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

Wait, who's saying they would rather win the playoffs than finish 9th?

Not ILDC. He's been twisting words and not listening. Standard mackem answers but his patter ('jamies') is ILDC all day. So in summary, Jamie is ILDC. Even Stevie Accorah Marshall Barnes would be proud of this detective work. ;)

They think they struggle to attract players because they don't have many celebrity fans.Where the fuck would they stay overnight for starters.Hendon Travel Lodge?

There is a Hilton actually in the stadium grounds for famous fans to stay. Hendon doesnt have a hotel that im aware of

James Herriot (dead obviously)

You know when something triggers some deep memory? Anyway, you just did and I was watching an epsiode of All Creatures Great and Small once (must've been early 80s) and one of the vets visits a farm and the farmer / some farm hand is an obsessive Newcastle United fan who starts realling off these facts and figures related to the team in the 50s. Random and dull as fuck but anyway....

In reality he was from Glasgow and lived the rest of his life in Yorkshire so fuck knows why he "supported" them - having said that he started in the 30s when the cunts were good so must have been a glory hunter.

In reality he was from Glasgow and lived the rest of his life in Yorkshire so fuck knows why he "supported" them - having said that he started in the 30s when the cunts were good so must have been a glory hunter.

Won the league in 38 I think*. I know they won the cup in 37. So you might be right, aye.

*Last team to do it wearing stripes as I seem to remember from some bit of trivia

He was born in Sunderland.

I didn't know that. His parents moved straight after they married and she was sent back to Sunderland to give birth to him. His dad must have been a zealot (Nothing wrong with that albeit for them).

Won the league in 38 I think*. I know they won the cup in 37. So you might be right, aye.

*Last team to do it wearing stripes as I seem to remember from some bit of trivia

STTDs!