mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

9 hours ago, The Fish said:

Oh sure, I just mean I'd prefer a defensively sound side that I need to help create/take chances. That's more about instilling confidence and loosening the shackles a bit, or perhaps changing the personnel. 

If I've got a side who're shipping 2 goals a game I'm going to have to work so hard drilling their defensive shapes, how they set up at set pieces, their workrate and concentration levels etc. 

Sounds like you've got your work cut out. Good luck and let us know how you're getting on 

• Like 4

16 hours ago, The Fish said:

Oh sure, I just mean I'd prefer a defensively sound side that I need to help create/take chances. That's more about instilling confidence and loosening the shackles a bit, or perhaps changing the personnel. 

If I've got a side who're shipping 2 goals a game I'm going to have to work so hard drilling their defensive shapes, how they set up at set pieces, their workrate and concentration levels etc. 

Instilling confidence, loosening the shackles and changing the personel :lol: on the flip side you can just tighten the shackles and change the personel for a leaky defence. Benitez is evidence enough that you (not personally) can sort average players into a decent defensive unit but you're ultimately at the mercy of your shit forwards

2 hours ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

Instilling confidence, loosening the shackles and changing the personel :lol: on the flip side you can just tighten the shackles and change the personel for a leaky defence. Benitez is evidence enough that you (not personally) can sort average players into a decent defensive unit but you're ultimately at the mercy of your shit forwards

Harder to get shit players performing well defensively, that's why, usually, it's the teams with the worst defence that go down, regardless of how free scoring they are. You're as bad as CT man. Oh and Coleman is no Benitez.

I didn't see how it could be controversial to say that it's easier to get a defensively sound team winning games, than it is to get a defensively shocking team winning games... then I remembered you're mostly a bunch of ornery dickheads :lol:

:lol: It’s just pathetic man. Rafa is a better manager than both, if they deny it they know nothing about football and/or are just letting their blind hatred of all things NUFC get in the way again. The bloke has won the Champions League and La Liga, he was managing Real Madrid less than three month before he took charge of Newcastle. 

Regardless, as I said it’s pathetic and all three are far better than the two bob Welsh tramp they have in charge of their merry band of alcoholics. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

Coleman of course, he's mustard

There are two explanations for that gag; Hangover, or you've just become a father.

3 hours ago, Rayvin said:

A thread complaining that some Sunderland fans are realistic when talking to Newcastle fans:

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/sunderland-fans-kissing-nufc-fans-arses.1404766/

:D

Hilarious thread.  If dangermouse was sitting behind the Geordie that poor Geordie would have got punched :D

21 hours ago, Rayvin said:

A thread complaining that some Sunderland fans are realistic when talking to Newcastle fans:

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/sunderland-fans-kissing-nufc-fans-arses.1404766/

:D

:lol:

It's funny how after 6-in-a-row we aren't as mentally scarred as they obviously are for all the victories we had over them in the KK/Robson years.

• Like 1