mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

I’d happily sell him to them for £8m or so, I’d offer him to any other team for free. 

What happened to their squad being far better than ours? They’re saying what is essentially the same midfield they had last season would be improved by probably the worst player we have on the books. 

15 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Saw one of their lot whinging about other teams treating them like a cup final. Funny, we managed to get past that easily enough.

:lol:

I honestly think it’s the opposite for them, teams are fully expecting to batter them so open up against them in an attempt to win. It’s one of the major reasons a striker as shite as Grabban has as many goals as he does. 

23 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Saw one of their lot whinging about other teams treating them like a cup final. Funny, we managed to get past that easily enough.

:lol::lol:

Aye, playing against us last year in front of 52,000 spectators with Rafa Benitez in the dug out was pretty much standard I'd imagine for most championship clubs or playing Villa for the first time in years no big deal at really. However, the chance to run out at a more than half empty Stadium of light, crisp packets swirling about, pink seats aplenty, the ex-manager of Preston in charge, (incredibly, not taking the piss, his name escapes me already) :lol: would've been a real highlight of the decade for these small clubs of the championship like Leeds Utd, Sheffield Wednesday, Villa and Wolves etc. I can see the mackems logic to be fair. 

• Haha 1

It's made me laugh how far they've got ahead of themselves. Every bad result we get they celebrate like mad.

Its as if they're 10 points ahead of us, not in the championship relegation spots in december. 

11 hours ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

In fairness though at every home game there’s a large contingent of away fans buoyed by the prospect of a night out in Newcastle 

It's interesting that they're still not turning it around actually. I mean they could do, quite easily - two wins on the bounce at any point for the rest of the season would probably revilatise them, but it's still not working.

Don't think they'll go down but am starting to be a little stunned that they're still staring relegation in the face. Their club is the very definition of a slow motion car crash though, so maybe they actually will sleepwalk into League One.

18 minutes ago, essembeeofsunderland said:

It's as if they get the 3 points when we lose.

4 minutes ago, essembeeofsunderland said:

Reading v Brum tonight.If Brum win the makems go bottom.If Reading win they go 9 points clear of  the makems.

tumblr_nnuzy9c2KP1qfsl0xo1_400.gif

• Haha 1