mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

28 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

41RWDJVCMZL._SY445_.jpg

I know he's incompetent, but I don't think even Lee Charnley can have had an effect on their downfall.

It’s just fucking brilliant that all of the nonsense they leveled at us last season has been shown up in spectacular fashion. Bottom after over half a season with the least amount of wins in the league :lol: 

1 hour ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

Is there much of a financial impact in being relegated to pub league one? In terms of income I mean. The impact for those lot will be devastating when their external creditor's arse calls out and call their loan in.

I can’t imagine there’s much money in League one, isn’t it something like 2k a week or so players usually get down there? The mackems will have Jack Rodwell on 60k a week still :lol:

A big point for any creditor will be that it means at the very least 3 seasons outside the PL. Realistically it’ll be a lot longer as they’re in a horrific mess, it’s been festering and getting worse for years but the fans have brushed it off so now it’s an utter plight. 

That thread they had last season about how they'd get on the championship might be worth a look if it's still on there? :D (I know there was a few said they'd struggle but there was quite a few who thought they'd be play off spots, mid table at worst). 

6 hours ago, Tom said:

They'll go down like & they'll be gone for a long time.

People can't get their head round it but it's happened to better clubs than Sunderland.

I just think they'll do enough to survive this season. If Coleman can get a tune out of the like Grabban, O'Shea and the younger players they should have enough to cling to their place in the second tier. However, that they're even in the conversation is shocking. They should have offloaded Kone, Ndong, Khazri et al, reduced the wage bill and overhauled the squad. They've bought mostly shite, and kept mostly shite, no wonder they're mostly shite. That said, I expect them to cling to the bowl like a stubborn shit stain.

They won't miss an opportunity to "brag" about being the Premier League for 10yrs, but what has it given them? No European football, no silverware, few star players, few memorable games. A decade of turgid football, mostly at the wrong end of the league and the only thing that gave them joy were the results against us. 

Selling Ndong and Kone could bring in £12-£15m.They'll both be on decent money.We can only hope Monkeyface blows it on 4 or 5 shite players from the lower leagues with attitude problems.The league table doesn't lie,nor  the tv footage of 35,000 pink seats ( their 25,000+ attendance figures are fooling neebody).They cannot afford to pay 'quality ' players big money to get them out the shite.They've got Cardiff away,who are due a win ,then crucial games against Hull at home then Brum away.A right hammering  off the smoggies this weekend wont help their confidence either.

14 minutes ago, Tdansmith said:

You're only saying that in case your mackem mates over at rtg read it  :icon_lol:

Ridiculous isn't it? Predicting the bottom club for survival on the basis that Coleman gets a tune out of a striker that's almost certainly leaving this month and that they've already been getting a tune out of and are still bottom, a defender that's older than God and some young players which I'm assuming he thinks are better than complete shite, which they aren't.

• Haha 1

Their best hope is that Coleman can use his previous position to get someone like Woodburn in and he immediately finds form.  That's a pretty big risk and if I were Liverpool they'd be one of the last clubs I'd be wanting to send a promising youngster to.

I can't see the likes of O'Shea ever finding any form again, he turns more slowly than an oil tanker these days.  A couple more defeats, especially if they're to teams around them and the smoggies, and the fans will be turning on them again.  I saw on twitter last night that there's already some who are saying they won't go back as long as Coleman is in charge.  

Basically while it's certainly not impossible, and they do have a history of being the turd that won't flush,  I can't really see anything about them currently which suggests anything more than relegation come May. 

I think at the very least they're in a relegation battle until now and the end of the season. Can't see them getting the sort of run they'd need (picking up ten points from six games or something like that) to take them clear of trouble.

According to Fish's analysis, they have to win 10 out of 20 games to get a total in the region of what meant survival last year. 

I'm still mildly hopeful because of that.