mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

27 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

I love how they've convinced themselves that their current plight is better than being in the Premier League, simply because they were fucking shit in the Premier League. Aye, it was the league's fault that they couldn't win a game to save their life.

:lol: It’s exactly the same this season as well. I find it pretty likely they’ll struggle next season as it’s clear the club is fucking rotten, they’ve had 3-4 managers in the last 18 month and none of them have created even a whiff of change. 

I know we like to take the piss out of them and vice versa, but joking aside I like to see all the north east teams do well and even now I still think they've a decent chance of avoiding the bottom place, not that impressed with Burton at all tbh. :good:

:lol:

There’s a few of them that are genuinely buzzing day dreaming about Quinn taking over and appointing Mick McCarthy in League One :lol::lol:. This is a fan base that rips us for idolizing a former manager who had us 2nd in the PL, meanwhile they idolize an absolute clogger of a target man who helped bring in the asset stripper that is currently trying to palm their scrap heap of a club off for free and a bloke that just got pedaled by Ipswich. 

• Haha 2

32 minutes ago, Howay said:

There’s a few of them that are genuinely buzzing day dreaming about Quinn taking over and appointing Mick McCarthy in League One :lol::lol:. This is a fan base that rips us for idolizing a former manager who had us 2nd in the PL, meanwhile they idolize an absolute clogger of a target man who helped bring in the asset stripper that is currently trying to palm their scrap heap of a club off for free and a bloke that just got pedaled by Ipswich. 

Well, when you put it like that..... :lol: :lol:

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Howay said:

Class fucking post. Absolutely nails it 

• Like 1

I think someone mentioned this before, but the points from the 6 in a row kept them up 3 seasons running. If they had been relegated one of those seasons they probably would have had enough of a squad and a bit of cash in the bank to rebuild in the same way we did last season.

Instead, because they managed to string out their relegation form out 4 years running they are now skint, with a squad full of shite, an empty stadium and are about to fall straight through the division :lol:

6 in a row. You’re welcome ;)

Edited by Kid Dynamite
  • Like 5

28 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

I think someone mentioned this before, but the points from the 6 in a row kept them up 3 seasons running. If they had been relegated one of those seasons they probably would have had enough of a squad and a bit of cash in the bank to rebuild in the same way we did last season.

Instead, because they managed to string out their relegation form out 4 years running they are now skint, with a squad full of shite, an empty stadium and are about to fall straight through the division :lol:

6 in a row. You’re welcome ;)

Sums it up really   2 in a row far outshadows all this 6 in a row malarky (Not that i'd be using it as a perma catchphrase like)

They obsess with the likes of Rodwell and ignore O'shea who hides from the every ball which comes towards him.  He literally covered himself up when the first goal went in rather than try to block it or put in any defence.   And now League One is where the rebuild will be happening.. maybe.  

14 hours ago, Howay said:

Seen his record when he was last in charge of them? 37 games, 31 losses. :omgwank:

They're down now, right? Like we're in "would take a miracle" territory now?

They seem incapable of playing well at home. The result against Derby should, in theory, have given them the boost they needed to fight their way out. Hard to say it's not at least partially the fans' fault at this point...

1 hour ago, Rayvin said:

They're down now, right? Like we're in "would take a miracle" territory now?

They seem incapable of playing well at home. The result against Derby should, in theory, have given them the boost they needed to fight their way out. Hard to say it's not at least partially the fans' fault at this point...

I watched some of the Derby game. It was a freak result. The mackems were turboshit in it. Giving them a little bit of hope only to have it snatched away is the icing on the cake. :icon_lol:

1 hour ago, Renton said:

I watched some of the Derby game. It was a freak result. The mackems were turboshit in it. Giving them a little bit of hope only to have it snatched away is the icing on the cake. :icon_lol:

It was Derby gifting them the chances rather than good play from Sunderland, by all accounts.

This is what experimental361 says about their chances of survival

ch-2018-04-022.png

7 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

:lol: production values there are a good reflection of the city. fucking hell!

Kept waiting for the punchline

2 minutes ago, The Fish said:

It was Derby gifting them the chances rather than good play from Sunderland, by all accounts.

This is what experimental361 says about their chances of survival

ch-2018-04-022.png

Side who have spent all season in the bottom three likely to be relegated shocker.

and no, I will not stop shouting at you for looking at football through the prism of maths.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Side who have spent all season in the bottom three likely to be relegated shocker.

and no, I will not stop shouting at you for looking at football through the prism of maths.