mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

33 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Why is Phil Foden buying houses for Mark Campbell’s mother? 

Because he's a good guy, not like that Raheem Sterling monster.

On 14/07/2020 at 18:47, Rayvin said:

Are you saying you think they'll finish second? I think they're going to struggle for playoffs again - parachute payments are done and their owner is clearly not interested in spending his way out. Plus they'll also have to factor in the 3 newly relegated teams.

They’ll be up there again.They weren’t that far off the playoffs and true,nee more parachute money,but two or three half decent free transfers or loan players.....A poor start will have the makems changing their allegiances to South Shields.

That is the most reasonable post I've ever seen you make about Sunderland :lol:  Sunderland's situation is now so dire, what Essembee says about them is neutral. Fucking hell.

• Haha 5

12 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

That is the most reasonable post I've ever seen you make about Sunderland :lol:  Sunderland's situation is now so dire, what Essembee says about them is neutral. Fucking hell.

At the moment there is no real reason to not give them the lickings of a dog.Enjoy the one-off.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Alex said:

We don’t hate to say we told you so 

Must be annoying that their bitter rivals predicted what would happen with these two chancers in charge of their club. It must be so annoying.

:cuppa: 

SD said if someone passes the EFL test and has the money, he will accept the same terms as he paid to buy the club.

DR asked SD how much have he had put into the club.

SD replied that is was irrelevant.

:lol::lol::lol: 

• Haha 2

SD said the club is in a better position than it was when he bought it. It is more efficient with only £5 million losses per year, compared to £30 million at the time of the takeover and he has shown that 25,000 season ticket holders is possible in league one. Potential buyers see a better run club than the one he bought.

DR stated we now have 10K season ticket holders.

SD said the attitude of the fans is putting off investors. There will not be a more committed or positive owner of SAFC than SD. SD commented that RAWA has a responsibility to challenge these negative assumptions.

Please don't leave, Stew. You're solid gold.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

26 minutes ago, ewerk said:

SD said the attitude of the fans is putting off investors. There will not be a more committed or positive owner of SAFC than SD. SD commented that RAWA has a responsibility to challenge these negative assumptions.

:lol: Fuck me. They've not protested, they've not boycotted, the worst they've done is not be there. 

2 minutes ago, The Fish said:

:lol: Fuck me. They've not protested, they've not boycotted, the worst they've done is not be there. 

:lol:
I like to think we can take a little bit of credit for that– they’d rather see their club sink without trace than raise a finger because “ it’s what them lot up the road dae”. 
Too classy. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Monkeys Fist said:

:lol:
I like to think we can take a little bit of credit for that– they’d rather see their club sink without trace than raise a finger because “ it’s what them lot up the road dae”. 
Too classy. 

Asked some of them on RTG, and they say that the low attendance figures and low number of people renewing for another season in League 1 is a protest. Not because people are apathetic, no no no, it's a protest. 

The man thinks he should be carried shoulder high through the streets of Wearside for an eighth place finish in League One.

When he bought the club he did so because they were a PL club holidaying in League One. Now they're just a run of the mill League One side and he thinks they're worth the same money.