mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

Had a conversation last night with a good mate (toon supporter) who knows his stuff about footy. He was claiming that he was going to be supporting Sunderland in the final because of a NE loyalty; that the few mackem friends we have would feel how we would feel Newcastle were to win it. That it would be a victory for our region against the Southern/NW dominated football press and culture. He is not the only one who shares this opinion as well. I've heard a lot of Geordies saying they will be wanting Sunderland to win on Sunday. Whilst I can admire the open-mindedness and good spirit behind this sentiment, I absolutely couldn't get on board with it like! I told him to imagine the noise, the whine from wear side if they were to win it? We would never, NEVER hear the end of it until we won something of substance - a once in a lifetime event that doesn't look likely to happen any time soon. I hope they enjoy their day out as far as it goes to comfy travel, seeing a bit of London, blue chips and cheesy pop, but I really really want them to go home empty handed after a stuffing. The british love the underdog, but not the mackem mongrel. Fuck that.

Im all ready for the big trip to the cup final

I might make a wish me luck thread but not sure if the response would be too positive

Your damn right! Total humility is what I wanna see.

Edited by Slayer

A girl I know just posted this on FB.

Apparently Sunderland supporters have arranged to meet for a booze up in Covent Garden. And guess where I am? Its hell. Just come out of The Desolation Of Smaug. They are no better than the Orcs.