mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

The makems are only behaving like other small,ex-3rd divisions clubs have done, when they reached a cup final.What must be upsetting the makems most,the ones who haven't travelled to Wembley,are their accents being heard on national radio.

the-big-lebowski-o.gif

giphy.gif

Some fair amount of bitterness coming from our lot atm like if you want to compare small-time carry-on. It'll be good for North East football for them to win this even though I wish it was us. Anyone that's calling this a Mickey Mouse cup would be tugging themselves off if we were in their shoes today and rightfully so, their relegation battle aside.

Edited by Ayatollah Hermione

Some fair amount of bitterness coming from our lot atm like if you want to compare small-time carry-on. It'll be good for North East football for them to win this even though I wish it was us. Anyone that's calling this a Mickey Mouse cup would be tugging themselves off if we were in their shoes today and rightfully so, their relegation battle aside.

That's very progressive. I suspect too progressive for some. :lol:

I agree though, although only from a very top level - I couldn't actually watch and support them play, but the principle of benefits for NE football is agreeable.

If they win the cup and get into Europe they will have had to beat Chelsea, Man united and Man city. Can't argue with that.

Still hope they don't, if only for the goading for the next 3 decades. If they

Am fairly ambivalent about them somehow winning today but I live in Dorset not Chester Le Street which makes a huge difference :D

Would anyone swap their season for ours before kickoff.... doing the double over them, getting to a cup final + perilous league position v beating manu at OT, selling our best player and getting twatted twice by them?.....

Probably not. It's luck of the draw as to whether you bounce straight back up after relegation.

Portsmouth have managed to go from FA Cup winners and playing Milan in Europe in 2008 to being 6 points off the conference currently

Spot on.

38973.jpg

Bullshit, any Toon 'fan' claiming the tramps winning owt before us would be a good thing in any way, shape or form must be off their heed. Fucking scandalous claim to make.

Aye, huge sigh of relief if I'm honest. They played well to be fair to them, and on the first half alone deserved to win. The difference between the teams? About 200m worth of class.