mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

16 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Even if they were open there's fuck all decent about the pubs in Sunderland!

I had the misfortune of having a works Christmas night out there once. We ended up in someone called "Arizona". It was midnight and there were genuinely people going clubbing in tracksuits and trainers 

Did all of the locals not stare at you the whole time?  The last time I was forced to go there that was how I found it.  All of the semi intelligent mackems go out in Newcastle so it really is the dregs of the gene pool that go out there.  It's like a night out in Royston Vasey if you're not local!

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

anybody else drive their parents to the brink of financial ruin during the 70s due to the ever shifting sands of footwear fashion?

I reckon i would've given imelda marcos a run for her money, off the top of me head i had....

platforms 

beetle crushers

monkey boots

red dr martens (yellow laces)

black dr martens (red laces)

riders (elastic sides)

riders (strapped)

brogues

yellow riders with elastic sides and brogue pattern

yellow riders, lace up with brogue pattern

madness, now I'm happy with novelty slippers!

:)

ps.....

any footwear with leather soles had to have enough segs hammered in to them to have kept consett steelworks open another few years!

Blakey’s segs- I loved hammering them in, fucking lethal in winter though :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, David Kelly said:

Did all of the locals not stare at you the whole time?  The last time I was forced to go there that was how I found it.  All of the semi intelligent mackems go out in Newcastle so it really is the dregs of the gene pool that go out there.  It's like a night out in Royston Vasey if you're not local!

My lass used to work with a lass who lived with her bloke in Seaham. We used to sometimes stop over on a Friday / Saturday night. Watch a film, have a few drinks and get a takeaway, as you do. I think we only went for a drink local with them the once and it was quite intimidating even though we left well before closing time. But you used to get a funny look for not being local even venturing to the shop for some cans or whatever. 

And, like you say, you’d have to be tapped to go drinking in Sunderland even if you were from there 

2 hours ago, Alex said:

My lass used to work with a lass who lived with her bloke in Seaham. We used to sometimes stop over on a Friday / Saturday night. Watch a film, have a few drinks and get a takeaway, as you do. I think we only went for a drink local with them the once and it was quite intimidating even though we left well before closing time. But you used to get a funny look for not being local even venturing to the shop for some cans or whatever. 

And, like you say, you’d have to be tapped to go drinking in Sunderland even if you were from there 

Worked with a lad, die hard Sunderland fan, would be in and out on a match day, (think him and his mates were from around Leam Lane iirc?) Used to call them thick mackem bastards etc. :lol:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Alex said:

It needs to be....

....imminent? :lol: 

Presumably by the best bid he means a real bid. Ironic that his name is Storey btw, if indeed that is his real name.

I expect that any due diligence on Storey’s bid, if indeed there is one, would end when Donald’s solicitors find him sleeping in his car outside the ground.

• Haha 5

11 hours ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

How many times has this sweaty beast demanded a decision now?

I’m following in his footsteps and demanding that Penelope Cruz imminently reply to my request to split her whiskers 

hmmm....

penelope cruz has completely lost her appeal to me since reading that rtg hard man reiver had burst her back door in whilst bodyguarding her on her private yacht at the cannes film festival. not only that, she'd revealed to him during the subsequent pillow talk the impending takeover by dell. or so he claimed.

anyway, even if there's the slightest of possibilities he's telling big fibs, he's tarnished penelope forever.

I stick with the timeless beauty of salma hayek for my fix of dusky latina babes these days!   :)

• Haha 4

I've only paid for a haircut once in 26 years, but if I was on daft footballer money I reckon about the only thing I'd still do for myself is wipe my arse. And I'm not so sure I wouldn't outsource that too. :lol: 

• Haha 2

I just saw we all missed a big milestone for the tramps down the road, their last game was their 100th in League One since relegation to it! Congrats to the ownership for their success and here’s to many, many more League One matches. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, Howay said:

I just saw we all missed a big milestone for the tramps down the road, their last game was their 100th in League One since relegation to it! Congrats to the ownership for their success and here’s to many, many more League One matches. 

They must be pleased that they are now an established League One side and don’t have to worry about relegation or punching above their weight

• Haha 4

They're the Man U of the 3rd division, everyone's cup final so it would be rude to abandon their new mates down there. It's the kind of selfless act a classy club would do unlike the universally disliked Mag rabble up the road. FTM.

• Haha 7

22 hours ago, Tom said:

Aye by the look of it they do some of the Newcastle players hair :lol: 

Why the fuck does Almiron go in there? He could do it himself.

There’s a bloke at work who grew his hair a bit long during the first lockdown because the barbers were shut. He used to get a number 2 all over every single time he went :lol: 

Edited by Alex
  • Haha 2