mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

George Taylor once of Tyne Tees 'Shoot' and in later years a NUFC employee sadly dies. A little before my time so couldn't say, (or care) who he supported but I've seen opinion divided on this. Not sure who to believe if I'm honest?

Screenshot_20201214-211118__01.jpg

Screenshot_20201214-211212__01.jpg

• Haha 4

Like a lot of his generation he might’ve had time for all the north east clubs but, like you say, it’s the bizarre desperation to associate almost anyone and everyone with their shit tip of a club that  is tragic. Especially as it doesn’t seem to matter what the evidence is to the contrary 

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, Alex said:

Like a lot of his generation he might’ve had time for all the north east clubs but, like you say, it’s the bizarre desperation to associate almost anyone and everyone with their shit tip of a club that  is tragic. Especially as it doesn’t seem to matter what the evidence is to the contrary 

The desperate search for relevance in the lower leagues. Everyone’s cup final, everyone’s a MLF, every other club loves us. Except the filthy mags, FTM

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Alex said:

You think if they weren't mostly famous for being our local rivals they'd put in so much effort to claim people, players or teams as MLFs?

They’re seething because they couldn’t get their home game with Wimbledon postponed.

They’re about to add another name to their hated list.They have a young kid called Embilton who had a shit game last night and they want him out the club because of it.Another ‘starlet’ is a kid called Diamond who’s a toon fan I’ve been told.They don’t know yet.

21 minutes ago, essembeeofsunderland said:

They’re seething because they couldn’t get their home game with Wimbledon postponed.

They’re about to add another name to their hated list.They have a young kid called Embilton who had a shit game last night and they want him out the club because of it.Another ‘starlet’ is a kid called Diamond who’s a toon fan I’ve been told.They don’t know yet.

Well, they do now. 

• Haha 2

Mrs. Fist works for a large Mackem housing association, named after a Penguin. 

The staff all received a Christmas hamper instead of the usual night out, which was supposedly filled with things that celebrate sunderland’s heritage. 
Here’s what was in it;

Ringtons Teabags

Ringtons Biscuits

Ringtons Coffee

Sweets from Beamish Museum Sweety shop

A bottle of Prosecco

A pen

And this

So, Ringtons was started in Heaton, Newcastle, by a Geordie and a Yorkshireman. 
Beamish is in Durham, created by another Yorkshireman. 
Prosecco isn’t made on the sun-drenched terraces of Southwick, last time I checked. 
The pen is from China

The only thing actually from sunderland is the pint pot with the name of a brewery on it that closed 20 years ago. :lol:

FTM. 

• Haha 3

Yeh they’ll sell you a can of “craft ale” for £5 named after a futureheads song or something. 

Apparently the best place to drink Vaux historically was in Bamburgh as one of the owners lived there so they’d send the best beer to the pubs there. So an elderly relative tells me once a month anyway :lol: 

• Haha 3