mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

6 minutes ago, Tom said:

When away fans go to Sunderland they use it as an excuse to have a night out in Newcastle.

That’s not gonna to change any time soon.

They’re a shit club in a shit town in division three. Nobody cares

Honestly, the knock on effect on tourism could be huge for our city. Its also not that widely known that the Reubens brothers have already invested substantially into Newcastle projects and this will doubtless increase. Alright, they're all tory cunts ultimately but I almost prefer this type of investment to the pork barrel politics of the official tory party. We're in a dog eat dog world and Newcastle needs to up its game imo. Can't underestimate the impact of a successful football club on that. 

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Tom said:

No, no you have it all wrong. 

Everyone loves them remember? :lol: 

22 minutes ago, Alex said:

They’re going to be the most liked club in the north east. Even though they already are. Or something 

New and improved Sunderland! Now with added likeness! When being the most liked club in the north east isn't enough! Available at all good division three stadiums and internet forums. Terms and conditions don't apply. Likeness may go down when you meet them.

• Haha 4

A club is about identity and history. Be it Newcastle, Sunderland, even South frigging Shields, it is about identity and history, and what it stands for.

It goes all through football. Real Madrid were supported and propped up by the Francoist government back in the 40's, 50's and 60's, which is why it left a bitter taste in the mouths of many in Spain seeing what they represented and stood for, a sentiment that is still evident today.

Ajax in the Netherlands, traditionally with a large support from the Jewish community of Amsterdam. Celtic in Scotland, the team of those from Irish Catholic heritage. St Pauli in Germany, the team of the left-wingers, Hansa Rostock, fervent right-wing support. Marseille in France, a high amount of support from the Muslim immigrant population of that city. A clubs identity runs right through it.

Newcastle and Sunderland, traditionally, working class clubs of the people. Been rivals pretty much since day one, but both shared one common theme - they were the clubs of the community they represented. Communities with a history of resisting fascism, resisting oppression, and standing up for what is right.

But in one quick stroke, that club of yours have embraced everything that you have spent the last hundred and odd years going against. You've prostituted yourselves for what amounts to nothing more than blood money. To see people dancing, actually DANCING in the streets wearing tea-towels on their heads, draped in a flag that represents to many, many people the world over a symbol of tyranny, oppression and death, well, that sickens many, many people.

And this is what your lot cannot seem to understand. In the space of little over 24 hours, you have overturned every moral, every bit of humanity that was left in you, just so you can lord it over everybody else, and gloat and sneer that somehow this now validates your misguided belief that you are somehow superior, somehow more deserving that every other club. We've seen it for years, the arrogance, the massive superiority complex, the same misguided shit that has been repeated ad nauseum time and time and time again.

"We've suffered more than anybody else."
"We just want wor club back."
"Yas just divvint understand."
"We're special."

Now everybody in the country is seeing "everybody's second team" for what they really are. A bunch of absolute hypocrites who sell themselves to the highest bidder, flashing a bit leg and making eyes at the first person that comes along with a chequebook. So, they're murderers, you say? One of the worst human rights records in the world? History of oppression and violence towards anyone who disagrees with them? Fund terrorism, you say? What's that? They're gonna buy us a new number nine? We might win some silverware? And then you shrug. Nah, in fact, you don't even shrug. You go racing for the kitchen drawer and pull out the first tea-towel you can grab, wrap it around your head and start dancing, like the performing monkeys that we always knew you were.

You're f***ing disgusting because you have spat on your past. You've kicked your history to the ground, and pissed on it. And for what? Blood money.

And that, mate, is why we absolutely f***ing despise you lot. Because you are nothing more than hypocrites. You bring shame on your club. Shame on your city, and shame on your ancestors.

So forgive me for wanting your little project to go tits up. It would be nothing more than you deserve.

In tears at this lad on ready to go. He’s really, really upset :lol: 

• Haha 5

:lol:

I love posts like that. In all honesty, there are elements that are true which I'm certainly not bothered to go into now. But we all know the heart of football, if it ever existed, is long gone now and that post is purely driven by bitter jealousy. The fact that the mackems actually believe they are somehow morally superior beings is quite the thing. They're not. In fact all empirical evidence suggests they are more insular, xenophobic, racist, homophobic and even fatter than people from Newcastle. Yet somehow  if this was them they would block it through the sheer power of moral indignation? :lol:

I hope this thread shuts down shortly, they really are an absolute irrelevance to us. Maybe when we're in the same division some rivalry can start up again. Might be al ong time (also could be next year, but, y'knaa). 

• Like 4

I think the view that football hitherto harboured some kind of prelapsarian innocence is a very fanciful one & it’s almost certainly incorrect on many levels. 

I don’t think football is even a working class sport anymore, like cricket its probably closer to transcending class barriers these days. 

So while posts like that read well they’re littered with inaccuracies. 

There were no good old days, just one group of people exploiting another with a football in the middle.

• Like 2

It’s the stuff of daydreams tbh. It’s fucking football man, we watch it for entertainment and for something to talk about. This whole “people will like us and hate them” thing is complete delusion, they’re Accrington Stanley tbh who gives a fuck about them? I’ve fucking always hated Liverpool but I’ve never once paid any mind to Accrington Stanley because of that dislike of Liverpool, even if I did what would it bring them? They can have their imagined adoration of people on the internet to go with the absolute dross lower league football they watch and we can all enjoy watching some world class football. 

Will we be more disliked? I suppose maybe yeah, but what would that do? What impact do the mackems think that has on anything? I can’t say I dislike Manchester City any more or less than I did before they were taken over, and even if I did that increase in dislike wouldn’t effect them at all. Most people will just see us become another successful club, they’ll watch our games out of interest but by and large they’ll not care too much and will focus on their own club and their own rivalries. The mackems hark on about our arrogance but come out with absolute fucking twaddle like this where they’re arrogantly thinking they (and we) matter to fans of other clubs, they don’t. 

The delusion will grow as we will inevitably get mentioned a lot more, there will be an increase in jokes/derision about us on football meme and news pages as the club grows, so I’ve no doubt the mackems will see this as hatred for NUFC and will be in comment sections trying to be friends with everyone :lol:, meanwhile the other club fans will continue to laugh at/about us (the club that matter) and not give a flying fuck about them. 

• Like 4

Where were the howls of despair that they were losing their working class soul when they were bought by an American billionaire?

I assume they’ve also been protesting against their own current boy ‘billionaire’ owner who bought them with his pocket money?

• Like 4

People won’t hate us. They’ll absolutely love us and pick us on FIFA. 

That’s the entire point of sportswashing. 

It’s not hard to understand :lol: 

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

8 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

It's probably been said a hundred times already but the fake moral stance is hilarious. The number of pages on the takeover  thread is phenomenal. But we're obsessed?  

I'd love to have been there when the takeover completion bomb was dropped.

It used to be they were the north east top dog. Then they dropped two divisions. Then they were the morally superior club until their star player  became a convicted paedophile. Then they were the classy club until they were taken

over by the chuckle brothers, had to repair their own seats and couldnt afford to repair the lifts.

Now they’re the north east’s most liked club.  Another made up accolade that nobody but them cares about. Its just sad

Edited by Kitman
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

27 minutes ago, Kitman said:

It used to be they were the north east top dog. Then they dropped two divisions. Then they were the morally superior club until their star player  became a convicted paedophile. Then they were the classy club until they were taken

over by the chuckle brothers, had to repair their own seats and couldnt afford to repair the lifts.

Now they’re the north east’s most liked club.  Another made up accolade that nobody but them cares about. Its just sad

It is really sad. There are loads of other small NE clubs of a similar stature, whose fans just get on with being fans of their own clubs.

Blyth Spartans, Darlington, Gateshead, Whitley Bay, to name a few. Time they woke up and realised where they are in the grand scheme of things.

• Haha 4