mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

2 hours ago, Rayvin said:

What's gone wrong then, as far as you can tell?

You really need to go up automatically tbh, you've had a few runs at the playoffs now and they don't appear to be a strong suit.

Yep, play offs are blind luck. We were gifted a head start the first season and fucked it. Next time round we only played well for 45 minutes out for the 2 legs and almost won it. Not taking anything from Charlton or Lincoln, but we fucked both up ourselves, not that they were the better team. 

automatic is gonna be hard this year. There’s a lot of strong teams (for the division) here this year 

• Like 1

I mean the truth is that for all it's obviously amusing for us on here that you guys are still in League One, it's also fucking crackers man :lol: 4 seasons...

Is there a concern that if it goes on much longer you'll become institutionalised at that level? I'm half tempted to say that this must have already happened for you to be writing yourselves off for automatic qualification, but you have consistently been in the promotion equation at least.

5 hours ago, The Fish said:

As serial apologist Rayvin has said, you'll get some shit, but much the same as anyone who supports any other club, wade through the initial wave and don't act the cunt ( I'm looking at you @t00nraider2 ) it'll calm down.

Will the fans stay behind LJ?

MLF'd YP

1 minute ago, Rayvin said:

I think we all know I'm about as hipster as the Fish is. I make a sincere effort to tone it down for you lot :D 

:lol:Fucks sake, I nearly spat my chia seed and pomegranate salad out- he’s from Blyth. 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

I mean the truth is that for all it's obviously amusing for us on here that you guys are still in League One, it's also fucking crackers man :lol: 4 seasons...

Is there a concern that if it goes on much longer you'll become institutionalised at that level? I'm half tempted to say that this must have already happened for you to be writing yourselves off for automatic qualification, but you have consistently been in the promotion equation at least.

Yeah, it’s a hard pill to swallow, league 1 for that long after dropping so fast. 
some of the fans haven’t even accepted we’re a league 1 side yet. 

Automatic promotion is still a reasonable goal, we have a game in hand (i know they don’t mean much) but if we win that then we’re joint 3rd and 3 points off top. My biggest worry is Rotherham and Wigan are scoring for fun. We have no chance if it ever comes to goal difference. 

If we don’t change this blip in the next 3 games then I worry the manager will be forced out. Then it’s a crap shoot who we get next, and hoping for play offs from that 

2 minutes ago, safcforever said:

Automatic promotion is still a reasonable goal, we have a game in hand (i know they don’t mean much) but if we win that then we’re joint 3rd and 3 points off top. My biggest worry is Rotherham and Wigan are scoring for fun. We have no chance if it ever comes to goal difference. 

You should have a look in January at that fella who plays up front for Rotherham, Bill Gregg or something like that.

• Haha 5

2 hours ago, safcforever said:

Yep, play offs are blind luck. We were gifted a head start the first season and fucked it. Next time round we only played well for 45 minutes out for the 2 legs and almost won it. Not taking anything from Charlton or Lincoln, but we fucked both up ourselves, not that they were the better team. 

automatic is gonna be hard this year. There’s a lot of strong teams (for the division) here this year 

I remember your loss to Charlton at Wembley.Mendonca,one of your own,was threatened with having his throat cut by some of your fans standing next to the tunnel.Were you one of them and if so,did you carry it through,and in which hand was the knife in?(this is your first test)

• Haha 4

🎵 

Oh, the shark, babe, has such teeth, dear

And he shows them pearly white

Just a jackknife has old Macheath, babe

And he keeps it out of sight

You know when that shark bites with his teeth, babe

Scarlet billows start to spread

Fancy gloves, though, wears old Macheath, babe

So there's never, never a trace of red

Now at Wembley, ooh, sunny afternoon, uh-huh

Lies a body just oozin' life

Eek, and someone's sneakin' 'round the corner

Could that someone be Mackem the Knife?

🎶

• Haha 5

2 hours ago, essembeeofsunderland said:

I remember your loss to Charlton at Wembley.Mendonca,one of your own,was threatened with having his throat cut by some of your fans standing next to the tunnel.Were you one of them and if so,did you carry it through,and in which hand was the knife in?(this is your first test)

No, I never look for trouble. 

going off the great attitude from this board then none of you lot are either 😂