mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

6 hours ago, safcforever said:

He kept us up. Can’t remember who went down instead. 

He’s probably the least shit manager we’ve had in years. Moyes done more for FSA reputation with Sunderland fans than FSA did himself 
If he stayed longer then maybe it would be a lot different. 

You'd have been relegated if he stayed and he knew it, the England job couldn't have been better timed from his POV. The well was dry and your squad wasn't staying up, Moyes shouldn't have been as open about it so early but you just knew he couldn't believe the shit sandwich he was left.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, safcforever said:

He’s probably the least shit manager we’ve had in years. Moyes done more for FSA reputation with Sunderland fans than FSA did himself 

By staving off the inevitable and dropping you at the first opportunity he arguably inflicted more damage. Can’t remember what happened in the two seasons after that though 

• Haha 6

8 hours ago, safcforever said:

That's the thing though, he kept you up at our expense and that's enough for deification on Wearside. If Di Canio had fucked off soon after keeping you up, he'd be similarly canonised. 

I saw people on RTG insisting Allardyce wasn't a long ball merchant, that his Sunderland team played entertaining football. But objectively the bloke's made a career out of turning any squad into an anti-football brigade of lummoxes. He was found out at Newcastle, West Ham, and Everton. 

1 hour ago, Alex said:

By staving off the inevitable and dropping you at the first opportunity he arguably inflicted more damage. 

Can’t remember what happened in the two seasons after that though .

PossibleSevereFoal-max-1mb.gif.cfcb54e67c64f15ea37831276070860e.gif

• Haha 4

13 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

nintchdbpict000370936422-e1512403775336.

Got to give credit where it’s due- it’s some feat to be pictured having a shit in your seat and have as many comments about your terrible haircut as the filthy act itself. :lol:

on closer inspection he appears to be actually shitting on to the seat itself, rather than squatting and sitting on the floor. i don't want to think about how the fuck he cleaned up that mess, or why someone would want to capture it on camera instead of going straight to a steward. 

3 hours ago, Gemmill said:

It's just ridiculous. Standing up to wipe your arse. :lol: You're sat down ffs, what are you rising out of your seat for? 

I'm a stander.  Like to inspect the paper see how my health is

15 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

You can do that sitting down, you dirty bastard. Take a load off. Are you holding it up to the light or something? 

Hoo ye calling a dirty bastard?  Show some respect.  I'm bordering on forensic, I put MRI scans to shame

• Haha 4

On 02/12/2021 at 02:14, Howmanheyman said:

You'd have been relegated if he stayed and he knew it, the England job couldn't have been better timed from his POV. The well was dry and your squad wasn't staying up, Moyes shouldn't have been as open about it so early but you just knew he couldn't believe the shit sandwich he was left.

I agree. We were circling that drop for a long time. The longer we hung on the worse the long term damage was gonna be 

• Like 2

The fans having a pop need to have a fucking word with themselves like. They’re in their 4th season in League 1. They’re in the playoff positions, they’re 2 points off top and they just drew at home with a team just below them in the league. Who the fuck do they think is going to take the job if they hound Lee Johnson out? 

• Like 3