mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

They’re right tbh, it’s clear as day absolutely everyone loves Sunderland and every player has some kind of link to them and hopes to play for them. It’s weird that they spent years overpaying for discarded Manchester United shit since surely they’d have all jumped at the chance to play for them? 

• Haha 3

"Trippier is one month younger than Wayne Bridge was when he signed for SAFC for the 2nd half of the 2011/12 season.

Both 30 odd England caps, scoring 1goal.
Both won 1 major title.

I can’t remember much about Bridge’s time at SAFC. He never really seemed full of hunger and desire to succeed…"

Step up 39 year old, Jermaine Defoe.

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/apparently-looking-into-signing-defoe-or-maja.1568428/

• Haha 1

If we follow through on the Trippier signing with 3 or 4 more, this really is about to be their worst nightmare. Yes we could still go down, but all of the bleating on about how the new owners aren't gonna do things right etc, they'll have nowhere to go with any of that shit. 

If we stop up and they blow it again.... Well... :lol:

If we go down and they get promoted.... Well, 6 points please and back down to League One you go. :lol:

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Some quality mental gymnastics on there atm, like. I saw one kid suggest that he wouldn’t be surprised if Ashley bought us back on the cheap once the Saudis “get sick of it” I, on the other hand, would be very fucking surprised by that

The Saudis spent $1bn just to facilitate the £305m deal, yeh I can imagine they’re just going to sack it off now :lol: 

At the end of the day it’s about prestige and that’s what they’ll want to the club to be. They’ll want to improve on what Man City have done because they all pretty much hate each other in that region. 

All thanks to allied interference post WWII :ok: 

• Like 3

Even if coming to Newcastle bothered him that almost makes it more ludicrous as the Crystal Palace deal was so much better than the Fulham one 

Played for Sunderland, Leeds and a small spell with us. This is his team. Cue fewm from some fans of some of his ex-clubs including Sorensen giving him stick although to be fair he appears to be taking it as a laugh. :lol: 

:lol:

• Haha 2

I don't know why I do this to meself occasionally, but I just had a quick look on our thread on the smb.

I've quickly established they're in meltdown over their hatred for look north and metro radio.

trippier is absolutely shite and they've got some random tottenham fan on there (no doubt in peace) confirming this who quickly seems to have established himself as a rtg legend.

not only that, we're all absolutely gutted we didn't get gerrard as manager and equally so that aston villa have completely stolen our thunder with the loan of coutinho, which came as a bit of a surprise to me as I wasn't aware he had and I couldn't give a flying fuck.

anyway, the poor fuckers are tearing themselves apart and that's just in the last 2 pages!

• Haha 5

11 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

they've got some random tottenham fan on there (no doubt in peace) confirming this who quickly seems to have established himself as a rtg legend.

This is such an RTG thing to happen :lol: So desperate to be loved and acknowledged that whenever any other fan pops over and agrees with them on anything, he becomes some kind of celebrity. It's like in the movies where untouched cannibal tribes meet 'an outsider' for the first time and immediately make him their god.

That spurs fan will be loving the attention for now, but wait until they try to cook and eat him. Might well be talking literally here tbh.

Edited by Rayvin
  • Haha 9

32 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

This is such an RTG thing to happen :lol: So desperate to be loved and acknowledged that whenever any other fan pops over and agrees with them on anything, he becomes some kind of celebrity. It's like in the movies where untouched cannibal tribes meet 'an outsider' for the first time and immediately make him their god.

That spurs fan will be loving the attention for now, but wait until they try to cook and eat him. Might well be talking literally here tbh.

the tottenham supporter quickly cemented his popularity by stating how much a bigger club villa are than us.

bit weird really, it's never crossed my mind this morning to join a wycombe board and tell them how shite sunderland are and I could probably do with finding a few more people who might like me!

• Haha 7

5 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

the tottenham supporter quickly cemented his popularity by stating how much a bigger club villa are than us.

Telling them all the stuff they love to hear. I’d give him a couple of days before he’s telling them he’s putting a bid to buy their club 

• Haha 4