mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

My mate used to work at Westoe pit and through his basic training which was at Seaham he had a mate from Murton who was a Newcastle fan and we ended up drinking with him and another couple of lads from there before home matches.

They reckoned there was the usual groups of manc/scouse cunts as well as a healthy number of mags.

As I've said before when I used to go away by train in the 80s there were NUFC fans who did the same from all over Durham and Teesside. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, NJS said:

My mate used to work at Westoe pit and through his basic training which was at Seaham he had a mate from Murton who was a Newcastle fan and we ended up drinking with him and another couple of lads from there before home matches.

They reckoned there was the usual groups of manc/scouse cunts as well as a healthy number of mags.

As I've said before when I used to go away by train in the 80s there were NUFC fans who did the same from all over Durham and Teesside. 

That poster on there arguing it’s not the case is just trying to prove they’re ‘old skool’. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Alex said:

The only vague recollections I have is what trophyshy mentions. Where he thought he was a comedian who would say something zany then say ‘Zaza’. Can’t remember which ex-player told the story but it came across as a diplomatic way of saying he was a bit strange 

It was Bez. 
From Nufc.com

Paul Kitson had one of the weirdest senses of humour, he was a bit off the wall at times. Most of the lads didn't quite know how to take him. He didn't smile a lot and was very sarcastic and it took a while to get to know and like him. There was one thing that he started that became cultish at the club. 

At the end of saying something sarcastic he would say, "Zaza". So, for example, if you had a really bad game he would come up to you afterwards and say, "Bez you did alright today, zaza." This would be used in all sorts of different ways and really started to catch on.

One morning Keegan called us all together for a meeting when we'd hit a bit of a bad run. I think Kitson wasn't keen on signing his contract and he'd had a few disagreements with Keegan. KK asked around if anyone had any problems and no-one really said very much. "And what about you, Paul?" he said. Kitson looked a bit taken aback and said nothing. "Come on, 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Alex said:

That poster on there arguing it’s not the case is just trying to prove they’re ‘old skool’. 

Probably sold 3 piece suites back in the 80s ;) 

• Haha 2

Isn’t Paul Kitson rumoured to be the bloke that wrote the ‘secret footballer’ books? The mackems were fucking fewming about those as he basically said Sunderland was renowned among players for people going there knowing they could just go out on the piss all the time, phone it in and get a canny pay packet :lol: 

Just now, strawb said:

That’s Dace Kitson, lanky ginger cunt who stunk up the premier league with Reading and Stoke among others. Barely a footballer

Dave, not Dace although a fish may have been more useful at attacking crosses

• Haha 4

Just now, strawb said:

That’s Dace Kitson, lanky ginger cunt who stunk up the premier league with Reading and Stoke among others. Barely a footballer

Aye that’s the one! He’s in the mackems bad books, or bewks

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Alex said:

There’s always been Newcastle fans in Co. Durham. There’s always been pockets of Sunderland fans in Northumberland. But I’ll be absolutely fucking devastated if I find out Paul Kitson supported them :lol: 

Ive just had a flashback to Stevie calling me a Mackem for living in Co.Durham. Before he moved to Shields and started going to "shows" at Sunderland Cinema every week obvs

• Haha 6

"The way some fans went on at half time on the concourse didnt shine the best light either. 2 smoke bombs set off, fire alarms going off. Partying like we had won the league swinging from the rafters not getting humped off relegation fodder, the football is an afterthought to a fair few."

:lol: I also love that they deny their fan base is an issue, every season despite being in and around 3rd they immediately get on the teams back when they have a bit of a bad run the team then nosedives, doesn’t even make the play off final, sacks the manager that got them into the play offs, and then promptly start the cycle the next season. 

• Haha 2