mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

18 minutes ago, Craig said:

Found it

motivator76765abe41dd511eba9bd2c38094e5baec430312.jpg.e0ba711ebc41428a4038fd45a362779a.jpg

:lol: The two hugging at the front, that one is in fucking hysterical tears! Honestly man maybe I’m just biased but I absolutely do not think our fanbase reacts like this when they go down. 

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Craig said:

You don't value the North East derby; I do. Weelllll shit, we have different opinions :lol:

'Stay grounded' is sage advice. Else the next thing you know we'll be signing up for the European Soooooper League! 

The local derby is an important part of a football season. In its absence something is missing.

I've hated the derby ever since I was feeling rough but went to a home one (we lost, cunt Rowell 70's) and missed next home game, because of tonsillitis, where we battered Wolves iirc, and we didn't batter many back then as we were unrelentingly shit.

I much prefer the ability to ridicule them 365 days a year without any risk of getting stick from them for a few days here and there.

Edited by Toonpack

42 minutes ago, Craig said:

Running the risk of sounding like you want us to lose our identity, Tom.

Make no mistake, I'm looking forward to the ambitious journey PIF will take us on, but you never forget your roots. The NE derby is steeped in tradition and something that transcends football - the rivalry between the two clubs is the most visible remaining representation of the generations-long political battle between the two cities. 

When I look at what’s happening around the region apropos identity there’s absolutely no danger of us losing it & if anything with Wor Flags & the rise of Sam Fender it’s absolutely flourishing.

Im not bothered about the derbies personally, there’s not many I’ve enjoyed down the years. Obviously now it’ll be different, we’re so far ahead of them and that’s not going to change for a very, very long time it at all.

I know some decent Sunderland fans, but on a whole if they suffer collectively in this 3rd division purgatory I’ll have a little laugh at it. 

When they got relegated to league one I was watching soccer Saturday with a can and the guitar. I just laughed. It was hilarious.

27 minutes ago, Howay said:

:lol: The two hugging at the front, that one is in fucking hysterical tears! Honestly man maybe I’m just biased but I absolutely do not think our fanbase reacts like this when they go down. 

I agree with you. Don't get me wrong we'd make some noise about it but we wouldn't be doing a 'Tardelli' like these sad fucks.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Tom said:

Don’t see the issue here. You get lots of people who support a big club but have a fondness for a lower league one, so the Sunderland lads in the future who support us could be like that 

Edited by Alex
  • Haha 4

13 minutes ago, Sonatine said:

What Is It Reaction GIF by Nebraska Humane Society

I was going to make some atomic bomb related joke about getting Nagasaki's manager in, but then I googled Nagasaki FC and the manager's called Hiroshi Matsuda.

I kid you not :snigger:

I am stunned !!!

image.png.340097a6e79b21de2feada56cb7feb74.png

Edited by Toonpack
  • Haha 4

21 minutes ago, Toonpack said:

I've hated the derby ever since I was feeling rough but went to a home one (we lost, cunt Rowell 70's) and missed next home game, because of tonsillitis, where we battered Wolves iirc, and we didn't batter many back then as we were unrelentingly shit.

I much prefer the ability to ridicule them 365 days a year without any risk of getting stick from them for a few days here and there.

I still struggle when it comes to May 1990 tbh. I'd have the fixture back in a heartbeat though. Love the atmosphere of it.

2 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Anyone expecting me to stay grounded when we win the league is living in FUCKING DREAMLAND. 

No-one could ever accuse you of staying grounded ... not ever!

4 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

If/when ( :lol: ) we win a cup, people will think I’ve eloped such will be the severity of my disappearance and the rapid emptying of my bank account. More fool them when I tell them I’ve spent it all on harmless alcohol

If I hadn't been snipped, I'd be down the sperm bank to make my fortune (in minutes)

9 minutes ago, Meenzer said:

With few years and a fair wind, Gateshead or South Shields might become our legitimate local rivals anyway. Everyone's a winner - we get a derby back and it's not against the unwashed. :D 

What are you chatting about a few years? I'll say it again - we live in a world when Gateshead get further than Sunderland in the FA Cup :lol:

Bar Loco used to be the best place to go for a pint before everyone clocked on. 

You could get a pint easily and leave for the match at 14:45 :lol: 

Not always good like, I’d be neck deep in pints.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Got to be a Trent piss up when we win something.

It's neither 'keto friendly' nor would they create you a gang way to the the pisser (as Papa L would testify) either. I wouldn't recommend it for you lad...

• Haha 3

19 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

The Labour Club is where it’s at these days- cheap beer, friendly clientele and the clunge is…

… alive:lol:

From Dusk Till Dawn Cheech Marin GIF - From Dusk Till Dawn Cheech Marin  Zoom In - Discover & Share GIFs

• Haha 2