mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

35 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

Don't be ridiculous. (He's earmarked for their head of media). :good:

Assisted by the fella who begins every interview with that weird retch / burp 

• Haha 2

The Sunderland fans are far too harsh on the Don and Methhead.

The club were a financial mess when they took over and could well have gone bust. These 'guys' came in and have attempted to get the club back on a solid footing. According to the Athletic the owners have put in £21m of their own cash over the past three seasons so what's the problem? Sure none of it was spent on signing players but that's not the point.

I mean, that's the exact same logic they used in order to tell each other that Mike Ashley was actually a great owner. I'm just shocked at the hypocrisy of it all, it's very unlike them.

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

Why the confrontation with William Storey? Strikes me that Billy Bullshitter would make an excellent addition to the Donald and Methhead, a match made in heaven. Sell him a third of the club to him for 50 quid or whatever, and the 3 amigos can ride of to the sunset taking Sunderland to the conference. 

They're going on like he was Pele over the road.

LEGEND

I particularly like the topest of top honours he won:

"a scorer in the 1998 Play-Off Final penalty shootout"

Edited by Toonpack
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

If it was unclear, I'm saying Kevin Ball has left a brown streak on Sunderland's history books. 

My first thoughts too. Sounds like he is being sacked because the dirty bastard wiped his arse on the club's history books. Weird wording, or maybe its just us. 

15 minutes ago, Toonpack said:

They're going on like he was Pele over the road.

LEGEND

I particularly like the topest of top honours he won:

"a scorer in the 1998 Play-Off Final penalty shootout"

....and how did that game end up for them? 

BTW, 5 times they've been involved in play-offs. 4 of those times they got the final (1987 it was the final game under a different format). They've won none of them. They'll crow on about how they were promoted in 1990 but that was only due to Swindon Town being corrupt.

Conversely, we've appeared in it once (we all know what happened). Since then we've been promoted back to the top tier 3 times - each time as Champions.

• Like 1